October 2, 2014 | 1807 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Christian Dior - Dior Snow UV Illuminating Protective Base

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by clasp

I can't use this.. i tried it at the counter and ant home with a lot of whiteheads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The one I'm reviewing is DiorSnow Pure UV Perfect Brightening Protective UV Base, SPF 50 PA +++. This is HG sunscreen/primer for me. It's very expensive, yes, but a little goes a long way (spreads well; I use about a pea-sized amount for my whole face and that's enough to give a good layer). I've had my tube for over a year. This is amazing: it doesn't cause breakouts for me, the protection is unbeatable and it helps prevent shine and is a nice base for makeup. I went hiking with this on one time and it was very hot and sunny. I was dripping with sweat and wiping my face and I was afraid I was going to burn, but I didn't at all! This protected me better than the full-body sunscreen did. I wish the company made a full-body diorsnow-type UV protective product; I'd buy it! As far as moisture goes, it doesn't provide much, so I suggest using an oil-free moisturizer under it in dry or very cold climates (I use Fresh Twilight primer under it when I need more moisture). Highly recommended; I hope the company keeps making it b/c I have no idea what could be as amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by richwhiteness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: Unfortunately had to return this. I really did love it, but eventually started breaking out from it. Boo.

I think I have a new version of this. Mine is called Perfect Brightening Protective UV Base SPF 50 and it is awesome. I am a sunscreen junkie and have tried just about everything out there from high end to low. This is by far the best I've found. It reminds me of Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 36 (which I've used off and on for years). However, this is much less drying, and overall much more cosmetically elegant. I am super sensitive and it doesn't sting, smell, break me out or make me oily. It looks amazing on its own and under makeup . Seriously a miracle product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by holly_f

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eeeek! This stuff was horrible, and what a price aswell! I don't mind shelling out the extra cash if its a good product, but this stuff is horrible! DEFINATLEY not for oily skin, or sensitive skin. It leaves a horrible sticky, shiney film on the face and it has a purpleish hue to it that looks odd. The only way I can see this "brightening" the skin is because it actually has glitter in it! It caused me to break out and I found it heightened imperfections such as bumpies and spots, rather than softened. It doesn't lighten the skin either, at least not if your caucasian. Waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

I absolutely love this product and can't live without it. With SPF35, it evens out the skin tone naturally and beautifully, also gives this lovely glow. The base itself is white but goes on sheer and blurs the impurity, gives wonderfully radiant skin. Even though it's too runny for the tube package, I still like how it's runny because it spreads and blends in better, and doesn't feel heavy or built up. It's not cheap but a tube lasts for a very long time.EDIT: I now take 2 lipsticks off and give it a 3. While the finish is absolutely gorgeous, this makes my dry (summer combination) skin oily in less than 3 hours. Just can't take it anymore. EDIT AGAIN: I think it's more fair to add back one lipstick and give it a 4. Comparing with other primers, this one really makes a better base and makes my powdery foundation look better. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2003 1:35:00 AM More reviews by hellodolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is also SPF 35 so I figured I'd get a base and a sunscreen all in one! But this made my skin break out horribly - turns out the type of sunscreen that is used can cause an allergic reaction. EEK!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Janine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When applied, this looks purplish on my face, a very light lavender colour. The texture is sticky and oily though it is oil-free. It left my face with a flim of shine.
Don't see any added benefit as a primer.The whitening properties don't seem to work. My pigmentation didn't improve.
The SPF35 is nothing to shout about; I prefer Shisedo's Anassea SPF50.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sidney

The product does give you a nice glow if wearing loose powder on top of it; you would get a weird pinkish white look if wearing it alone. Never do this. It is also easy to apply and last you a long time. Will buy it again if nothing else catches my eyes this summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by otto619

Bright, glazy, oil-free, sun-screen. If you have an oily skin, it might make your entire face shine, even though it did not cause any breakouts for my combination skin. But for normal to dry skin, this would be excellent under makeup since it really evens out the skin tone. I like it overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2002 11:40:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is reminiscent of Cle de Peau's base. It's slightly pink but a lot more runny. So runny, in fact, that it shouldn't be in the kind of tube it's in -- the liquid tends to pour out too much. Because of the texture and silicones in it, it's much easier to spread than the CdP cream and it leaves a noticeable, well, glaze on your face. It's sort of like a pink, slightly glittery sheen. Hyperreal with less glitter, more sheen and no color. Cut with powder it looks OK, but I wouldn't wear it on its own. The tube I got (from strawberrynet) also doesn't list any active SPF ingredients, even though I seem to remember seeing titanium dioxide on the package at sephora once. It's OK overall, but my CK lotion beats it hands down. continued >>