November 25, 2014 | 1780 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - Mineral Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by seamoan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't fault this product.
Face powders make me angry. I have combo skin so powders either make me too dry and flakey or they break down after a couple hours. I like a powder that provides a little coverage as well.
I'm usually a drugstore type of gal, but I shell out $35 on MAC mineralize skin finish because it works.
However, whilst shopp at ulta I saw this little gem, and decided to give it a shot. I didn't have very high expectations, but this bad boy is amazing! I'll never buy another skin finish.
Seriously this stuff looks amazing on, it sets my makeup, lasts for hours, and provides that bit of coverage I'm after without looking cakey.
I def recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. I wish there wasn't talc, but I guess some things just require talc in the making. Anyway.. I really like how it sets my makeup..doesn't look cakey.. and controls oil and has a very nice matte finish!!.. there are limited colors..light/medium and medium/dark and that's it. And even medium/dark is kind of light. The talc and shade selection is the only cons with Me. Plus its very, very finely milled.. this means when you roll your brush to pick some up, it looks like nothings on the brush even when there is!!. I was most impressed NYX!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

nice matte finish and doesn't settle into pores. I use this at the end of the day too when I'm a little more oily and pores are more apparent, and a light dusting doesn't look cakey at all on top of makeup. and its 10 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I love this powder! I have very reactive skin which breaks out very easily when trying out new products. I've been using this for two weeks and I have no reactions. This powder comes in two colors. Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I purchased the Medium/Dark and it is perfect for my medium-tan olive skin. It does control oil for most of the day. I get about 6-7 hours of oil control with this powder. I love just using this instead of foundation on lazy days. This is a colored powder so obviously you will get some coverage from this but it won't alter the color of your foundation. The only problem with this powder is the packaging. It's very messy to use. NYX put too many holes and the holes are on the large side which causes too much product to come out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LJorg

I love NYX, and I've been looking for a decent finishing powder for years.

For me, this was not it. This did absolutely nothing for me, except melt away in about 2 hours and become a greasy, scaly mess. Even in the first half hour where I was only indoors, the mattifying effect was lost. I do have oily skin, and this was on a very hot and humid day, so maybe I expected too much of it.

PROS:
+No bad smell
+Great matte effect when first applied
+Went on smoothly and evenly
+The lighter color was an excellent match for me

CONS:
-Completely melted away after less than 2 hours
-Left skin greasy and oily, became "scaly" on my chin
-Had a small breakout on my chin and cheeks the next day
-Very expensive for what I got

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Sophiaweaverrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder! It is amazing and also gives great coverage and a nice matte finish! Definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by vintagexpurple

I've never had very much like with powder. Most powders melt off my face after three hours, and when I go to reapply, I somehow end up looking like a leopard, where my makeup sticks and where it doesn't. This is the first powder I've ever used where it doesn't do that. First of all, it lasts for a good four hours, which for someone like me (since I have EXTREMELY oily skin) is pretty darn good. When I reapply some more, it doesn't do the gross leopard thing. Instead, it completely mattifies my skin. I don't look cakey at all. In fact, I look like I had just applied my makeup for the first time that day. It's amazing. This powder gives such a beautiful finish to your makeup. I'm in deep, deep love with this stuff.

Now, to the negatives. First, there's very limited color selection - there's light/medium and medium/dark, and I believe there may be a translucent powder too. If you can't wear those two colors, you're out of luck. Another bad thing is that the powder is so finely milled that you have to tap off so much of it, to the point to where you can barely see any on the brush, because if you don't, it's going to fly all over the place. But if you can get past these two things, this is an amazing powder, and I highly recommended it. It's my new HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros- Glides on easily. Great color that blends very easily into the skin. Light weight. No over powering scent.

Cons- A bit pricey but worth it. The packaging could be a little better.

Overall I would defiantly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by arielise24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This setting powder is gorgeous. It has a beautiful matte finish and really helps my foundation last. It's smooth and gives a great airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Being that it's silica-based, it's very smooth and soft on your face. It does not look cakey or powdery in a fake way at all. I have the light/medium shade and it doesn't change the color of my foundation. The only thing I wish for is better oil control, but I can use a better foundation for that underneath if I needed to.