NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

4.4

Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this it is great for setting my foundation. It is very finely milled therefore it is less messy. It does provide that flawless finish. I have actually worn it alone and it gives me a fresh natural look. When you purchase this take my advice and only cut half of the sticker on the sifter, this will prevent too much product being dispensed trust me you’ll thank me later.

I am surprised that this product does not have more negative reviews due to the fact that talc is the main ingredient (talc being a known comedogenic ingredient) and that this product targets oily skin. I initially purchased this powder after getting excited that NYX was finally available in Quebec, Canada. After looking at the reviews and the cheap sale price of $12 for a mineral powder, I was sold. Initially, on the first day of applying the powder, I was very impressed. It leaves the looking very natural and smooth to a whole other level. However, on the second day of using this powder, I noticed my skin breaking out. I thought I might be imagining things so I kept using the powder for a few more days. On day 5 or so, my skin looked like a 13 year old entering puberty. I barely recognized myself in the mirror: I was breaking out from everywhere. I stopped using the powder right away and could not get my skin back to normal for many weeks. Then, I gave the powder another shot for 2 days and the same happened. I went back to the drugstore and was reimbursed. Since then, I purchased a powder by CoverFX and it has been great (not a talc based powder).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not a bad powder but not that great either. I love the tint (I have light/medium) it's mostly warm but not overly yellow and blends nicely into my tanned complexion without looking ashy, finely milled, lightweight, oil-control is really good and it sets makeup nicely but my biggest gripe is that the finish doesn't give me that "wow" effect. It doesn't do much to blur lines or my large pores. It doesn't give me that soft-focus, air-brushed effect that my other favorite loose powders do (Tarte Smooth Operator, Nars Light Reflecting). I saw a world of a difference when I used this compared to the Tarte powder. I always liked the way my skin looked better with the Tarte. I really wanted to love this powder. I honestly thought I would end up loving it but I'm a little disappointed. It does have really good oil-control without being too drying though, again, just not the prettiest finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great pigmented finishing powder!!! It's not a chalky pink translucent, but it's not a jaundice yellow,either. Light/Medium is a very forgiving shade, blends seamlessly,and feels light on the face, not drying like the silica based powders can sometimes be.

Takes a long time for oil to show through, and it doesn't settle in fine lines.

I wish the packaging limited the amount of product you could shake out, but for seven dollars, i'm not complaining!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is AMAZING! I have never found a powder that has actually helped control my oily skin until I tried this powder! I can apply this in the morning, and at the end of my 8+ hour workday, I still look completely fresh and shine free. That is unheard of with my skin- I would usually have to touch up 2-3 times per day and I still wouldn't look as good as I do with this powder. This powder never looks cakey, it blends completely in to your skin, and feels very light on your face which is a huge plus for me! I am a pale girl, and I use the light/medium and it is a perfect shade for me. I highly recommend this powder!!

Ok I am sold; this stuff is pretty friggin good and that's coming from someone who's used nothing but pressed powders to set my makeup for at least the last 8yrs. I have fair-Light skin (think N-NW 15 range) and purchased this in light/medium which matches pretty darn well but I think it's designed to cover a large range of skintones/shades anyway. I love love that this is a colored powdered and not the stark white silica HD powder which looks horrible on me even when I used it with a light hand. This finishing powder is very finely milled and blends seamlessly into my skin; does not sink into pores or cause weird robot shine later in the day (looking at you MAC MSFN). Too bad they don't make this exact powder in a pressed version as well to carry around with me. I will definitely repurchase...

This has a very good pigmentation and very finely milled powder. The powder is so fine that it spreads all over as soon as my powder brush hits my skin. It covers up all the indentations from previous acne scars. It goes so well with my foundation for a more matte and silky smooth finish.

Unfortunately, I got this in medium/dark shade, which proved to be too dark for me. So this ended up sort of a bronzer for me instead of a finishing powder. Overall, the product is nice. It's cheaper than other HD finishing powders but I would definitely get this in a lighter shade next time.

Obsessed with this powder!! It really does get rid of the oily look and is a perfect finishing powder to complete your look! I use it alone, or as the last step (before my setting spray) to really reduce the oil and smooth everything out. I will sometimes use it as the day goes on to matte out my make up and blot out the oil. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely love it!

For you gals who have hard time with excessive oil secretion on your face, this baby could be your salvation!

What I love:

+ controls oil production very well, my face is oil-free all day long without any touch up
+ blends well to your skin easily without being cakey at all. When you apply it, it just melts away on your skin. I hate powder that just stays there in your fine lines or else, it makes you look unnatural and seem older than your actual age
+ natural matte finish
+ affordable price

What i don't really like:
- limited color selection. It only offers 2 shades. I use the fairest shade available which is medium/light, and it is still a little bit darker than my actual skin tone.
- it doesn't come with sponge/blush for application
- do not expect for coverage, since it has very sheer coverage. But i'm totally fine with that. Because it means it's lightweight for everyday use. It doesn't make your face feel like wearing heavy makeup.
- if you aren't moisturized enough before application, it might feel a little bit drying. So, watchout for people with dry skin type, your skin has to be well moisturized and hydrated.

Overall, i am in love with it and will repurchase! :3

The answer to oily skin!!! By the middle/end of the day, my forehead is so shiny you can check your lipstick on it, like I've spent my day bobbing for turkey legs. I've tried so many powders, but NYX has earned my loyalty with this one. I just sweep it on, and for my T Zone I usually use a concealer brush to tap in an extra layer, (I try to really pat it in there). I love that it doesn't look cakey when I first apply it, but I really love the security of enjoying my day without worrying about being a total greaseball hours later. Also, try the NYX Studio Finishing Powder (Translucent Finish), it's 100% silica powder (like the packets that come with new shoes), and it's also fabulous for shinyfaces like me!