November 27, 2014 | 1593 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this sunscreen! I wanted something that had antioxidants and a decent sunscreen in one, and this fitted the bill perfectly! I usually use physical sunscreens as my skin is extremely reactive, but after my mum kept commenting on how white I looked (despite packing on tons of bronzer to counteract the white cast of zinc) I thought id try this. Since Ive been using this (around 2 months now I think) my skin has evened up a little, which makes me think that actually the protection in this sunscreen is much better than the physical ones I have been using in the past. The texture is watery, but dries to a matte, slightly dewy finish which is very natural looking. It is easy to blend and absorbs well. It has not irritated my skin in any way which is amazing as I normally get terrible stinging and redness with chemical sunscreens. I have no white cast from this either which is a nice relief, I dont have to pile on the bronzer anymore! It is also easily removed with face wash (which is another bonus as having to scub/rub skin to get off previous physical sunscreens has also been a burden!) I'm very happy to have found this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by silviasandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great moisturiser with sunscreen! Doesn't irritate my skin at all and it help balance my oily nose. I just don't like the watery texture that makes it hard to put on my finger before applying to face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this similiar to the sunscreen in the:' PC4MEN' line. The only differences between the two being was that this is slightly more moisturizing and does not have a distinct smell of aloe. This does not flake and may be good to use in the winter when skin becomes drier. I wouldn't recommend this for severely dry skin though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the consistency of this moisturizer and the fact that it sinks in completely and looks fairly matte. BUT it burns/stings like crazy and makes my face go red! I don't know why - I haven't had this problem with any other of the PC products. So unfortunately I can't use it on my face :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I know Paula says Rosaceans should not use chemical sunscreens but I hate all of her physical sunscreens. They contain too much titanium dioxide and make me break out in big pustules all over my cheeks. So I decided to give a sample packet of this a try. It burns. My chin and eyelids are burning. It also pills up all over the place. I decided to make it a no makeup day after seeing how it balled up all over my face. I love Paula's moisturizers, AHA and BHA but her sunscreens suck.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

I tried a few samples in this moisturizer. When I started using it, my initial thoughts were that I didn't like it. I found the product pretty runny, and it was super white and streaky on my face. As it dried the whiteness/streaks disappeared, and it left my skin pretty matte.

On the first day, my skin felt pretty tight throughout the whole day. It was a bit too dry and flaky. On the second day I only used half a sample and it was much better. Either my skin just needed some time to adjust or having less product drying/setting works better.

The product is okay, but I found that when I put liquid makeup on it becomes flakely. I'm now trying the RESIST and the Hydralight samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This Skin-balancing SPF is just like applying water to your face! It is probably my favorite SPF moisturizer by Paula Begoun. While it does not seem to absorb facial oils during the day as her other comparable products, I have to say that this is the one I LOVE to put on may face in the morning. It feels like absolutely nothing!!

Hydralight is good too, but a bit thicker.

Resist Super-light Daily wrinkle defense is like applying a thick foundation.

This is the one for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

My skin: hormonal acne, enlarged pores, melasma, acne scars.

I need a really light daily sunscreen for my hyperpigmentation, and received a few samples of this.

Pros:

- This is feathery light, a watery fluid, that really is thin!

- disappears quickly into the skin.

- quite "high" spf compared to many daily moisturizers made for everyday use.

- reliable brand

- overcoming price

- chemical. Yes, this is sometimes a pro for me, cause I've noticed that I avoid using mineral sunscreens that most usually enlarge pores and accentuate imperfections ( even if I still use my Elta Md clear, I've discovered that I want to mix it with an ordinary mattifying moisturizer, to take away the "mineral sheen", even if Elta Md really does not have too much of it.) If you really have damaged skin, the mineral makeups or sunscreens can look horrible on you.... And then, instead of avoiding them, and not using anything at all, it's better with a chemical one for daily use.....

Cons:

- shiny. Actually this gives a little shine to a newly washed face... You can powder, but I'd prefer it fighting at least a little against my usually oily look.... But I guess it doesn't contain too much silicones, which can also be good if you're sensitive to them.

- does it break you out after long time use?

Edit: ended up NOT using this anyway. When I avoid using something whiteout being completely aware of it, I usually realize that I don't like it. Today I put this on, and when I saw the "sweaty" sheen I washed it away.... So no.... Down to 2 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's not perfect, but it's been reformulated and there is no grit. They made the beads smaller and you can't find them. It goes on like a very thin lotion and dries almost instantly. Hard to tell where you put it on. It does have shine. I got it because the Moisture Boost SPF, which I love, is sometimes too heavy and I often breakout. So then I use this. Minerals tend to break me out. If you have dry areas, this doesn't really hydrate. Raw areas can sting for bit, but I had no redness or real irritation from it. I just don't love using it. As with many oil free or matte moisturizers (w or w/o spf) they can look and feel a bit like a glaze - shiny and not hydrating. But it doesn't dry me out, is light, doesn't break me out and is fragrance fee. It isn't a bad primer under mu, but I am not oily.

Update: Got the full size and drips out of tube, so don't squeeze much or leave uncapped even while applying. It doesn't look bad under mu. Sill haven't found a HG. This is acceptable. I can sting some days if I am irritated, but not long.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is sensitive, blemish prone, has rosacea, is very fair and prone to burning, with an oily/dry combination skin.

Pro's:
-The texture is matte.
-Just enough moisture for an oily, oily/dry combo skin (with moisture adding toner to help dry areas).
-Makeup works well over the top with no balling up or anything.
-The spf 30 is a big plus as most moisturizers are only spf 15.
-Fragrance/ colour/ irritant free, which is rare to find.
-Contains antioxidants.
-White cast disappears quickly.
-Chemical sunscreen, which I prefer.
-Did not cause blemishes.

Con's:
-I have a sheeny face when I use the skin balancing spf 30 (I wish I could have the Hydralight matte formula but with chemical sunscreen).
-The silica only dissipates sometimes, and rubbing the product between your hands to break the silica won't work as you will just absorb the product into your hands before it reaches your face. In comparison, the hydralight formula is powdery feeling, but the silica in this is actually hard feeling. If you don't wear makeup, or wish to use this spf on your body and hands too, it will feel unpleasant to the touch.
-This line is marketed to combination skin but I find it is less moisturizing than the hydralight range, so people could regret buying this if they don't have oily skin.