April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo Pure Pigments

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have tried nearly every colour from the emerald, jade, the bronze, browns, black, purples, etc. They were all equally bad. Pigmentation is terrible and most were very sheer, not buildable and super chalky.

Pros: may *possibly* work if lids are primed with super strong primer, some form of grease or industrial strength stage make-up type sealant.

Cons:
- poor pigmentation (very sheer, more sparkle than anything else)
- container is very, very messy
- pigments do not adhere to skin well
- zero lasting power, I could wipe these off with just a gentle accidental touch
- actual shadow is very dusty, messy, ends up all over the place in your bathroom or on your face either during application time or falling off your eyes throughout the day. . take your pick. Don't be surprised if you have green/purple/black "blush" an hour later instead of eyeshadow. This stuff travels to places you wouldn't even think possible.
-hard to pick up with a brush (formula is downright terrible!)

I would NOT recommend these at all, stick with the cream Color Tattoos - far, far better quality, and they don't feel like you're trying to put dust on your eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I thought these were the color tattoos! Oops.

I still gave the product a go, but the packaging is super frustrating to work with and the product is extremely messy to work with. I tried Black Mystery and it's a great color and the glitter looks great, but the fallout was phenomenal. I'd rather find a product that isn't so difficult to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this in Never Fade Jade. Was looking for a color like this its a very nice greenish blue color. I put this over top of the color tattoo cream shadow in Edgy Emerald, over that it lasted quite well (I can't say how it lasts over a normal primer or on it's own). I think I will buy some more colors, for the price it's pretty decent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

Okay, so silly me. I thought the color tattoos only came in cream shadows, even though it says pure pigments on the bottom. So imagine my surprise when I wound up with loose powder shadow in a very glittery gold hue (55 barely brazen) when I deep-sixed my bare minerals stuff years ago because it was just too messy. This stayed on well--unfortunately for me, since it is just too sparkly for me and therefore, I don't feel it is age-appropriate or flattering. Bummer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought the black one and Downtown Brown. First and worst, these pigments fade quickly and do not last. It is hard to get the product out of the shaker. That's two strikes and enough for me. Will not buy any others and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

These are pretty cool. Some shades are more pigmented than others. The problem with loose pigments is that they can make a mess. I have all the shades and my favorite is Downtown Brown.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have one of these in Downtown Brown. I love the colour but it does fade easily, even with primer. I used Benefits primer the two times I wore this shadow, I will try UDPP next time. It doesn't seem to crease on my oily lids so that is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Turi74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very impressed with these pigments ! First true ones I've seen in drug store . Work best over the color tattoo creams to set and make even more intense and brilliant Or at least over a primed lid. Fun colors too! Can't wait for more....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought two of these, Buff & Tuff and Downtown Brown.

Packaging: Basic short sifter jar with screw on cap. When first opening these I had to wonder who came up with the idea to put stickers over the holes without adding a pull tab but aside from that, no complaints. They are loose so opening one of these after it's been jostled a bit can get messy.

Wear: Not bad, both shades faded shortly after lunch but I didn't use a primer or base.

Buff & Tuff: I would use this shade almost daily if it wasn't for the glitter. This is a beautiful nude (beige leaning toward taupe-y) with a satin finish and a ton of giant glitter. It's overwhelming and IMO, makes this lovely shade look cheap. Aside from the glitter, the product applies and blends nicely.

Downtown Brown: This is a shimmery brown-taupe, no glitter in this one thankfully. It reminds me of Fyrinnae's Snow Leopard, only lacking the depth that Snow Leopard has. I love the color but don't see myself wearing it that often since I own pressed and cream e/s that are similar but less shimmery. It does apply and blend very nicely and the pigmentation is better than I expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: $7 CAD
Colour: (Buff and Tuff) glittery midtonr taupe-beige
Pigm.: medium to opaque

I've been waiting for them ti jump on the pigment wagon and they didn't disappoint! Easy to apply and a thick creme base like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha makes it shine