Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. It's bold and beautiful. Although I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday wear. It's too bold. I use it for performing. This is my cheer make-up and my team uses gold, blue, and black. It's stunning.

It doesn't stay very well but I put lip balm on my eye lids and dab the eyeshadow on. It works wonders.

Perfect if you are looking for makeup for dance, stage or anything where you perform.

on 8/15/2014 9:48:00 AM

Messy and difficult to control. Downtown Brown is too shiny. The packaging is cheap and counterintuitive- you open it upside down. No good.

on 7/16/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These were on sale at SDM and I believe they're being phased out in Canada but I have to say that I really like Downtown Brown! I'm not a huge fan of loose eyeshadows - I don't care if they come from MAC, Bare Minerals or cost under 5 bucks, like this Maybelline one. They're messy to work with. But still, I own several and use them because every now and then, I hit on a great one or one in a unique colour and some of them are less prone to fallout than others (some are even better than some pressed shadows when it comes to fallout). Downtown Brown is one such shade - the fallout isn't too bad (and using it with a damp brush helps eliminate the risk even further) and the colour is a lovely silvery taupe/brown shade that I really like a lot. The packaging is pretty crummy but I wouldn't expect anything more "high tech" in an inexpensive (under 10 bucks even at regular price) product and at least the holes aren't so large that tons of product falls into the lid if you happen to turn it over. Just a sharp rap or two with the lid on will release enough product. I might not have liked this quite so much at full price but I'm really very happy with this shadow. I find that applied over a primer (I always wear primer under my shadows) this lasts all day. I doubt I'll run out of this any time soon but it is something I would probably repurchase.

on 1/15/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have tried nearly every colour from the emerald, jade, the bronze, browns, black, purples, etc. They were all equally bad. Pigmentation is terrible and most were very sheer, not buildable and super chalky.

Pros: may *possibly* work if lids are primed with super strong primer, some form of grease or industrial strength stage make-up type sealant.

Cons:
- poor pigmentation (very sheer, more sparkle than anything else)
- container is very, very messy
- pigments do not adhere to skin well
- zero lasting power, I could wipe these off with just a gentle accidental touch
- actual shadow is very dusty, messy, ends up all over the place in your bathroom or on your face either during application time or falling off your eyes throughout the day. . take your pick. Don't be surprised if you have green/purple/black "blush" an hour later instead of eyeshadow. This stuff travels to places you wouldn't even think possible.
-hard to pick up with a brush (formula is downright terrible!)

I would NOT recommend these at all, stick with the cream Color Tattoos - far, far better quality, and they don't feel like you're trying to put dust on your eyelids.

on 1/15/2014 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I thought these were the color tattoos! Oops.

I still gave the product a go, but the packaging is super frustrating to work with and the product is extremely messy to work with. I tried Black Mystery and it's a great color and the glitter looks great, but the fallout was phenomenal. I'd rather find a product that isn't so difficult to use!

on 10/19/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Bought this in Never Fade Jade. Was looking for a color like this its a very nice greenish blue color. I put this over top of the color tattoo cream shadow in Edgy Emerald, over that it lasted quite well (I can't say how it lasts over a normal primer or on it's own). I think I will buy some more colors, for the price it's pretty decent.

on 9/29/2013 4:59:00 PM

Okay, so silly me. I thought the color tattoos only came in cream shadows, even though it says pure pigments on the bottom. So imagine my surprise when I wound up with loose powder shadow in a very glittery gold hue (55 barely brazen) when I deep-sixed my bare minerals stuff years ago because it was just too messy. This stayed on well--unfortunately for me, since it is just too sparkly for me and therefore, I don't feel it is age-appropriate or flattering. Bummer.

on 8/11/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Bought the black one and Downtown Brown. First and worst, these pigments fade quickly and do not last. It is hard to get the product out of the shaker. That's two strikes and enough for me. Will not buy any others and will not repurchase.

on 7/23/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are pretty cool. Some shades are more pigmented than others. The problem with loose pigments is that they can make a mess. I have all the shades and my favorite is Downtown Brown.

on 7/21/2013 6:48:00 PM

I have one of these in Downtown Brown. I love the colour but it does fade easily, even with primer. I used Benefits primer the two times I wore this shadow, I will try UDPP next time. It doesn't seem to crease on my oily lids so that is a plus.