October 20, 2014 | 1790 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Strobe Liquid Golden Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very sad that this was a LE product because I like it very much. I have used the regular strobe cream for years, and was going to repurchase but I'm obsessed with anything golden so I got golden elixir while I could. It gives you a very warm, subtle glow, not orange golden or weird statue golden, just a very subtle hint of radiance. I like that it doesn't turn my oily skin into a greasy monster. I also like the pump, and that you can lock the pump closed easily for travel too. Would totally repurchase if they ever bring it back! If not, I will go back to my regular strobe, but would totally miss this! I mix with this my liquid foundation to brighten it up and add a slight golden glow. The particles are very VERY finely milled, so there is no chance of looking like a shimmer ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful. I have mixed it with my moisturizer prior to applying my makeup, mixed it with liquid foundation, and used it over moisturizer to see how it works best. Either way, Golden Elixir provides a very subtle glowy, dewy finish all day. It blends very well any way you apply it, and IMO doesn't look fake or heavy, and you can blend it from your face to neck to make it look natural. The packaging is practical, with a pump applicator, so you don't waste any product. The price was quite reasonable compared to Fluid Sheer or other high end highlighters, @ $31 for 1.7 fluid oz.You don't have to use a lot of product for the desired effect, thus the amount of product should go a long way. It is easy to remove at the end of the day as well. I only wish this product was permanent, as it was LE. I have never used MAC Strobe liquid thus I can't compare it, but I love this product. You can wear it to work and it doesn't look overdone. Highly recommend if you can find it. I bought the last bottle at Nordstrom. I didn't notice any fragrance to the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Staysea698

Definitely a must have! Makes my skin glow and really helps me look like I have perfect summer sun kissed skin. It def gives a summery dewy flawless face! I mix it with my foundation or bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I'm a self-confessed highlighter junkie. Strobe Liquid in Golden Elixir was love at first swatch. I also have Strobe Cream (must be an early version as it's unscented?), and regular Strobe Liquid. And many other highlighters including the Nars Illuminators, JM Argan Illuminator, MAC CCB, Illamasqua Lies. And Tom Ford, Benefit, and Maybelline cream shadows in light shimmery colors. I love them all. If you like the Nars Illuminators in Copacabana and Orgasm, or regular MAC Strobe Liquid, yet want something more beige-golden shimmery in a similar texture, snag yourself some Golden Elixir while you can still find it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of Strobe Cream. It's one of MAC's best and highly coveted products. I have never tried the Strobe Liquid before, so I thought I would try it in the new limited edition Temperature Rising Summer 2013 collection. This version the "Golden Elixir" Strobe Liquid has a fine pale golden-caramel type shimmer. What I LOVE about Strobe Cream is how it makes the skin appear so fresh,glowy,ethereal, and the SCENT. The scent is great.
Sadly this product that I received does not have the awesome scent I love, not a bad scent just no scent. However it does impart a light golden shimmer to my cheeks and brow bone area.It is light, not really a wow factor to it. It is buildable of course. Not floored on this one, it's OK not a must have. I prefer the original Strobe Cream over this.