October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Pencil in Black 01

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by melaniemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product comes in a mechanical and retractable form, so technically people are reviewing the "correct" product. If you do a quick google search, you will find that out right way. However, it is misleading and I'm sure we all know what we can sharpen and what we can't.
(Retractable version)
This product is extremely pigmented and creamy, so keep it out of the sun and top it off with a black eyeshadow to make it last longer.

It lasted 6-8hours on my eyelids, however within 4 hours, some of the products did transfer to the bottom of my eyes and into my crease, but a quick fix will handle the job.

Because this product is really creamy, it's difficult to get a defined look and it can easily snap off. It can be a pro because it'll be great for smudging and getting a smokey eye look.

My eyeliner did not budge, it was stuck, maybe because it's so creamy? I took the packaging apart and ended up breaking the eyeliner into pieces.

SO, I do not recommend the retractable version. Instead, I will go for the mechanical one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think most people are reviewing the wrong product. This is a pencil, and not a retractible/mechanical one. One has to sharpen it. This is the blackest black you can get anywhere. Quite comparable to my Givenchy Magic Kajal in color and payoff. Deep, saturated color is what you get. I have oily skin so I only use this with eyelid primer (UDPP) and eyeshadow as a base. I also only use it on my top lid as it irritates my waterline and makes my eyes red in the process. If I want my waterline defined I just use a different pencil. I absolutely love this eyeliner. I've been doing the pin up look of cat eye eyeliner with a flick at the end and this stays all day once it sets. I have to sharpen it each morning so I am probably not going to have this pencil for long.

I give this 5 lippies because it does what I need it to do, it is BLACK, stays put all day and looks magnificent. I will certainly be repurchasing this over and over.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

The product itself performs pretty well. It goes on smoothly and, after a time, sets up well. I like that it is retractable rather than a pencil that need sharpening. Nicely pigmented black. My only (and BIGGEST) complaint is that I cannot wear this liner anywhere near the corners of my eyes or on my bottom lashline when I am wearing my contact lenses. I have worn contacts for almost 30 years and have always used eyeliner with them in my eyes. This Milani liner is one of the only ones that I have ever had a problem with. It transfers some sort of waxy or oily residue onto my lenses while I am wearing them that becomes so annoying that I have to remove my lenses or remove the liner. I might have thought it just a fluke but I have this eyeliner in brown too and it does the same thing. I own several other brands- Urban Decay, MAC, Covergirl, Revlon and Sephora and have never had a problem with them doing this. I will not repurchase and will not use these liners ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jeniphooo

Garbage. Used on waterline and somehow smudged all over my undereye area within 30 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the retractable Milani "Liquid Eye-Liquid Like" Eyeliner in black and this eyeliner has quickly become part of my everyday makeup bag. I use it on my waterline and I also use it t tight line my upper lash waterline as well. I thought I would never find a better drugstore eyeliner then the Maybelline Master Drama retractable eyeliner but this one is probably my favorite. It's a little bit more creamy then the Maybelline one, and if you have tried the Master Drama, you will LOVE this. The price could be a little better but hey, that's Milani for you! Go ahead and splurge on this eyeliner, I recommend buying it at your local CVS because beauty products are returnable there if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase. Make sure you follow up with your store on that policy when you purchase just to be sure! Hope this helped you decide to buy or not to buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by BrookT

I am really amazed by this eye liner, I found it at my local dollar store, and figured doesn't hurt to try it. I was AMAZED at the pigment pay off and how it's a creamy like texture (thought it'd be one of those cheapies you have to push down real hard to use. My only con is it's so slick that it's really hard to do detailed work with, and smudges so easily, which is good in some cases but for basic use no. But once set it stays well!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mogenta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was not good for my oily eyelids. It lasted for about 2 hours before I started to see smudges down my eyes. It also smeared badly by the end of the day. It is very pigmented and creamy, but not good for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lmbernabe

I was actually looking for Milani liquif'eye but they actually changed the name and this is the new version(I'm not sure if it's a new formula though.) I really enjoyed this eyeliner! It's super creamy and I found that it does stay on all day! It dries relatively quickly after the application so not super prone to smudges! Unless of course you scratch your eyes. I tried the black one and ended up going back to pick up all the other colors :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

returned. 1 lippie for being pigmented & creamy but it is SMUDGE city! i only wear liner on top and this was alllll over the bottom within a couple of hours, panda eyes at work! its propel only, no sharpening required and claims all day wear. yes, its on all day but all over your face! $8.49 at CVS.