Kiehl's Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

Active: Homosalata 10, Octisalate 5, Octocylene 5, Titanium dioxide, Inactive: water, dicaprylyl ether, glycerin, alcohol denatured polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, ascorbyl glucoside, silica, nylon-12, disteardimonium hectorite, tribehenin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, adenosine, aluminum hydroxideMay Contain; titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Kiehl's Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream with broad spectrum sf 50

EDIT: After more than two months of nearly daily usage, the sunscreen in this product is *killing* my rosacea (which I normally have way under control through diet and skincare) into inflammatory papules, and blotchy redness all over my face. Usually sunscreen products only take a few days if they're going to mess with my skin, this one was way more stealthy. I'm not sure which ingredient is doing the damage (my skin is usually ok with titanium dioxide, believe it or not), and normally avobenzone is the culprit, but it looks like there are others (homosalate, octisalate, octorcrylene) I'm going to have to avoid now too. Sadly, I've had to drop the score from a 4 to a 1

I really like this BB cream and have been wearing it a lot this summer. The fact that it's completely undetectable and has a high, broad spectrum spf will keep me coming back for more. You know those perfectly polished, fresh-faced girls that you *know* are wearing makeup, but can't actually *see* it?--That's what this Kiehl's BB Cream does for me (now I just need to work on the rest of the fresh-faced makeup :P).

-Love the high spf: just make sure you apply to all areas of the face. The spf actually *works*: a few hours fishing in the middle of a river in the mid-day, alpine sun with a large brimmed hat, and my face had no traces of shoulders and chest are another story though.
-Leaves my skin looking extremely natural: it's undetectable
-Provides sheer-medium coverage: helps blur out redness
-A little goes a long way
-Doesn't irritate my rosacea-prone skin (often time sunscreen products mutilate my skin)

-It's very "dewy": so if you're oily (like me) or looking for a satin or matte finish, or oil control this may not be your bag. HOWEVER, I have used MAC's Prep + Prime Refined Zone (another product not highly rated in MUA) both over and under this Kiehl's BB cream with good results.
-Doesn't do much to hide pores on it's own.

-It's thick and applies best with a Beauty Blender or brush instead of the fingers.
-Lasting power is about ten hours on me while being careful not to touch my face much.

-I'm w20 and find the fair/light shade is perfect for me.
-1.35 oz for $37 at the time of writing

The best facial tinted cream with 50 SPF I have found! I use it every day as a foundation and for sun protection. I also use a light moisturizer beneath it. Excellent coverage. The trick is in choosing the correct shade.

The product was changed a couple years ago, but I have continued to purchase this item repeatedly for about six years. I have tried other products, but always go back to this one.

I live in South Florida and drive a Jeep Wrangler. I am also a flight attendant who works international routes. Great coverage and sun protection.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in light last summer because I was lazy, didn't want to use so many products on my face. It has the high SPF that I want and it gives a nice glow to my skin. There's no detectable fragrance, just the smell of the ingredients, but it's not unpleasant either.
I like this more on days that isn't too humid. It's a bit thick and doesn't apply very well with my fingers, so I use a foundation brush. Also, because of the texture, when I use a setting powder on top, I feel like the brush sticks to my face.
The BB cream is a bit too orange for my liking. Although it applies a bit lighter than my skin (I use UD Weightless foundation in 4.0), by late afternoon I notice that it has oxidized.
The price is not too bad, $36CAD?, considering it has 40mL, which is bigger than pretty much all foundations.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was impressed with this BB cream...but it is quite dewy immediately, which I think many people want in a BB cream, but since I have oily skin, this is definitely a minus. However, it has the best _natural-looking_ high coverage (I'd say medium) I've ever tried in a BB cream, doesn't cake at all, and blurs really well, and doesn't get caught in dry patches, or settle in fine lines. The color fair/light worked for my light skin. I would wear this every day if it wasn't so shiny on me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this in light and wow is it peachy and darker than expected. Far too dark and peachy for my NC20 sometimes NC25 skin. Also much more pigmented than I expected, so really more similar to a medium coverage foundation. The low rating was because I was hoping it would be a sheer product and it's not, and the color "light" seems misleading. I'm sure it would work for someone, just not me.

I use this as an SPF and primer under foundation, especially Hourglass Immaculate. I have oily skin and this alone will make my skin too dewy, very fast. Underneath the Hourglass Immaculate, it preps my skin perfectly, provides spf 50 that is in part physical and in part chemical, and provides extra coverage.

-- high spf that does not irritate my skin
-- does not seem to break me out
-- very moisturizing
-- good coverage
-- great as primer
-- great shade range (fair and fair/light work well for NC20-25)

-- too dewy to use alone in summer if you have very oily skin
-- contains alcohol denatured, which is supposed to be aging
-- contains sodium chloride, which is a known pore clogger (i think it's a very low concentration because this hasn't broken me out while other foundations like UD Naked with higher concentration does break me out)

Update: I have downgraded this from 4 lippies to 3 because as the weather has cooled off & I'm not using my Hourglass Immaculate fndn anymore, I never reach for this BB/CC cream any more. I'm concerned about the alcohol and the sodium chloride as ingredients, and I realize after using the Peter Thomas Roth for basically 2 straight months that my skin almost never breaks out any more and there is a huge decrease in clogged pores. Now I wonder if the less humid weather and/or not using something with problemmatic ingredients (alcohol and sodium chloride in the Kiehl's) are helping my skin stay away from acne. For the past 2 years, I was always dealing with clogged pores and a pretty constant small pimple or two on my face. There's been a large decrease in clogged pores and only very occasional small pimple.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this cream. It has a lot of pigment, so it's more like a foundation. The fourth ingredient is denatured alcohol. If I had known this, I never would have requested the sample. My skin is dry and sensitive,so denatured alcohol is an ingredient I don't want in products I put on my face (or body). Also, the cream made my skin slightly itchy.

Unfortunately, the Kiehl's website doesn't list all the ingredients of their products, just those that they want to highlight.