April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

BB Cream - Kiehls - Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in light and wow is it peachy and darker than expected. Far too dark and peachy for my NC20 sometimes NC25 skin. Also much more pigmented than I expected, so really more similar to a medium coverage foundation. The low rating was because I was hoping it would be a sheer product and it's not, and the color "light" seems misleading. I'm sure it would work for someone, just not me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I use this as an SPF and primer under foundation, especially Hourglass Immaculate. I have oily skin and this alone will make my skin too dewy, very fast. Underneath the Hourglass Immaculate, it preps my skin perfectly, provides spf 50 that is in part physical and in part chemical, and provides extra coverage.

Pros:
-- high spf that does not irritate my skin
-- does not seem to break me out
-- very moisturizing
-- good coverage
-- great as primer
-- great shade range (fair and fair/light work well for NC20-25)

Cons:
-- too dewy to use alone in summer if you have very oily skin
-- contains alcohol denatured, which is supposed to be aging
-- contains sodium chloride, which is a known pore clogger (i think it's a very low concentration because this hasn't broken me out while other foundations like UD Naked with higher concentration does break me out)

Update: I have downgraded this from 4 lippies to 3 because as the weather has cooled off & I'm not using my Hourglass Immaculate fndn anymore, I never reach for this BB/CC cream any more. I'm concerned about the alcohol and the sodium chloride as ingredients, and I realize after using the Peter Thomas Roth for basically 2 straight months that my skin almost never breaks out any more and there is a huge decrease in clogged pores. Now I wonder if the less humid weather and/or not using something with problemmatic ingredients (alcohol and sodium chloride in the Kiehl's) are helping my skin stay away from acne. For the past 2 years, I was always dealing with clogged pores and a pretty constant small pimple or two on my face. There's been a large decrease in clogged pores and only very occasional small pimple.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I received a sample of this cream. It has a lot of pigment, so it's more like a foundation. The fourth ingredient is denatured alcohol. If I had known this, I never would have requested the sample. My skin is dry and sensitive,so denatured alcohol is an ingredient I don't want in products I put on my face (or body). Also, the cream made my skin slightly itchy.

Unfortunately, the Kiehl's website doesn't list all the ingredients of their products, just those that they want to highlight.