Pur Minerals CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40

3.1

Active: Homosalate (10 %), Octinoxate (7.5 %), Titanium Dioxide (10 %). Inactive: Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-8, PPG-10 Butanediol, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Triticum vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Butylene Glycol, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Hydrolyzed Ceratonia Siliqua Seed Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acrylodimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Niacinamide, Boron Nitride, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Retinol, Ceramide AP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI77492,CI77499).

This CC cream is fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this works. I've been using regular liquid foundation for years, and I finally jumped on the BB/CC cream bandwagon looking for something that still covered but was better for my skin. I've tried quite a few products (including Smashbox and It Cosmetics), but this one is my favorite so far.

The shade selection is pretty poor to be honest. There are only 5 shades to choose from. I'm not going to take off points for this though, because across the board BB and CC creams have cruddy shade selection. Keep in mind that they are more sheer than regular foundations, so it's not as imperative to get a perfect color match. It just has to be close.

The coverage is light to medium if you build it up a bit. I've tried applying this many different ways, and I find that it works best when you just apply with your finger. You will use less product and get a more even coat this way. The finish is demi - matte and gives your skin a healthy glow that I love. There is SPF so this stuff does smell a tad like sunscreen, but it's not too offputting.

Afterwards, I always use a tinted powder for a little extra coverage and to set this cream. It works well with any powder really. I usually use the Pur Minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation with it because that was recommended, and my skin looks freaking flawless. No blemishes, no caking, and very natural. You would think I was wearing full coverage foundation. You don't have to use the Pur powder with it necessarily, but it does look gorgeous if you want coverage.

I could go on for a good while about this product, but I'll sum it up for you.

I love this stuff because it
1. Is good for your skin
6. A tube lasts for a very long time
7. Doesn't clog pores and hasn't caused breakouts so far
8. Gives my skin a healthy glow
9. Does not need a primer underneath

The price is a little steep, but I feel like this stuff is worth a try for everyone. It's great for when you want a quick and easy alternative to regular liquid foundations. Plus you have the skin care benefits! It is something I reach for on a regular basis and definitely a favorite.

on 7/12/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

There isn't much to say positive about this product. I had gone shopping for a new foundation and was particularly interested in the new cushion foundation by pur minerals. The sales associate talked me into trying this product instead. It has a fairly thick consistency and provides a medium coverage. The problem is that it pools in any pores or fine line on the skin. I tried it with silicone and non silicone primer and with just a serum or moisturizer and had the same results. I tried to apply it with my fingers, a beaauty blender, a real techniques sponge (both damp and dry), plain wedge sponges, a buffing brush, kabuki brush, the real techniques expert face brush, the eco tools brush for bb and cc creams, traditional foundation brush, stippling brush and even tried it with a small contour brush working in little areas at a time. Before giving up, I tried cooking and using the buffing technique I saw on a YouTube Wayne Goss video and it still looked horrible. I exfoliate and have smooth skin and just a few fine lines with visable pores being the greatest problem for this product. It won't even work as a primer undrrneath foundation. I don't know how it gets good reviews because I have never had a problem with blending and tried every single technique out there with no success or, even stranger, no slight improvement with one technique over another. I would stay far away from this product unless you have a poreless face.

on 1/20/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I went to Ulta to try It Cosmetics CC cream and the SA said, "no, you need to try the Pur Minerals CC cream, it's so much better." OK, I purchased (at $38.00), went home and removed the BE BB cream I had on in order to try. Looked good. Next day, I used this after cleansing and moisturizing. I noticed that it "sat" in my pores! I could see little color pools! That evening, I removed all my makeup and noticed the beginning of a zit. The next day I had whiteheads all around my nose! I almost never breakout at this stage in my life. I returned the Pur MInerals to Ulta the next day and was lucky enough to find a sample of the It Cosmetics CC cream. Went home, tried that and loved it! Lucky for me, this was yesterday and QVC had a wonderful daily special with It CC cream and other products. Having used It products before, I know they will not break me out.

on 7/30/2014 5:59:00 PM

I see some people have been applying with sponge, NO, use fingers or brush, sponges eat up the product and waste and make it cakey, I love product though

on 10/30/2013 1:51:00 AM

I read so many good things about this product so I purchased on one of my trips to Ulta. I was quite disappointed in this product, I purchased in the same shade as the Pur Minerals Tinted Moisturizer that I have used in the past and with only a few shades to choose from, the color selection is poor.

I applied with a make-up sponge and within minutes this product oxidized from fair to Oompah Loompah orange! This has never happened with any foundation, BB cream, CC cream or tinted moisturizer. It turned the mostly ungodly and unnatural color on my face, so much so it was comical.

I was disappointed since the coverage seemed nice and the finish, other than color, was appealing making my fine lines and pores disappear.

All in all, it was a great disappointment and the product went back to the store for a refund.

on 9/23/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably the first CC/BB cream I would even think of repurchasing. I am very picky about them and cannot find one that does what it says until now. I love Pur anyway and decided to try this since I had a coupon.
My skin looked flawless immediately and I only needed half a pump. Since I hit 39 my skin isn't as dewy as it used to be and I have dry patches. This cream hydrated my skin and covered some of the uneven skintone I have. It looks like I have nothing on. It feels lightweight, which is seriously important to me and it does not shine like other BB creams have for me.
I have also noticed with use my skin looks better as well. As with all the Pur products thus far I am completely pleased.

on 9/21/2013 7:10:00 PM

I have been using this for a week now. Im coming of Estee lauder double wear light which is supposed to last all day. its good but I decided to do my skin some "good" & still have coverage. great size & hygienic tube, a lil pricey but so is EL but that lasts me 2yrs so lets see. I was shock at the coverage half a pump is enuff and don't see the need for concealer or even powder. im olive and tan is a purrfect match. doesnt cake, a lil settling in crease but if you blend well it does not. I had that problem day 1 but no longer. if it does the good things it claims im very happy. ps I use the concealer for eyes in med. great match.

on 8/8/2013 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After trying several BB and CC creams, I had become very cynical. My skin is very fair and unfortunately not flawless. I always needed a bit more coverage from the BB and CC creams I tried previously. I sampled this at a Duane Reade and was very impressed by the coverage. I took the plunge and bought a tube when Pur Minerals was having a site sale. I do feel that the price of this is a bit high for what it is.

This CC cream gives lovely, almost full coverage. When I wear it, it covers my redness and acne stars. I do a light dusting of a powder foundation - Kat Von D's Lock-it or Palladio's Wet/Dry - and I'm good to go. Everything is covered in a fairly believable manner. It dries down to something between a matte and a satin finish prior to powdering.

My skin is aging, dehydrated and yet still acne-prone. This has not caused me to break out. It's sufficient as a moisturizer now, but in the winter I will probably wear this over a moisturizer.

All in all, this is probably the best BB/CC creme I have used. For reference, I've used Too Faced, Urban Decay, Skin79, Missha and Dr. Jart.

on 7/29/2013 3:03:00 AM

I heard so many great things about this product, but....I hate it. I really do. It's fine if I only need to be out in public for about 2 hours, but anything more than that and for some reason this stuff makes my skin soooo oily. This is coming from someone with combo/dry skin who never has once had to blot her skin before this product in her life!!! Not only do I look extremely greasy but the effects of evening my skin tone wear off as well and I get red on my chin and T zone. Luckily I got the sample in my Birchbox and I didn't pay for it. Shame, because I know a lot of people really like it.

on 7/28/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I used to use their Tinted Moisturizer under the 4-in-1 pressed foundation, but they reformulated and I hate the new formulation. I like using something underneath the 4-in-1 for just a little added coverage and I find it makes it all last longer on my oily skin. First, I really like the packaging with the pump. This stuff is pricey and the last thing I want to do is waste a drop. The Medium color matches pretty nicely to my skintone (not too dark as I found with both their tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation) and there's no sparkles (YAY! That was my biggest gripe about their tinted moisturizer.) I apply it with my finger tips. It seems to be moisturizing enough me for the summer time, but come colder weather, I think I'll probably need to use a regular moisturizer before applying this, which doesn't bother me. Does exactly what I wanted it to: provides extra coverage, no extra shine, evens out my skintone and helps all my face makeup lasts all day long without feeling heavy like a foundation. Can't speak to the anti-aging promises, since I haven't used it that long and I'm only 27 but so far I'm sold. Took off 1 lippie only for the steep pricetag. Curious to see exactly how long I get out of one tube so I may edit that...

EDIT: Still using this and am just now getting to the end of my first bottle and I use this daily! I can't believe how long the tube lasts. Have had no break outs. Good stuff.