September 3, 2014 | 1337 users online

BB Cream - Pur Minerals - CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I see some people have been applying with sponge, NO, use fingers or brush, sponges eat up the product and waste and make it cakey, I love product though

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I read so many good things about this product so I purchased on one of my trips to Ulta. I was quite disappointed in this product, I purchased in the same shade as the Pur Minerals Tinted Moisturizer that I have used in the past and with only a few shades to choose from, the color selection is poor.

I applied with a make-up sponge and within minutes this product oxidized from fair to Oompah Loompah orange! This has never happened with any foundation, BB cream, CC cream or tinted moisturizer. It turned the mostly ungodly and unnatural color on my face, so much so it was comical.

I was disappointed since the coverage seemed nice and the finish, other than color, was appealing making my fine lines and pores disappear.

All in all, it was a great disappointment and the product went back to the store for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is probably the first CC/BB cream I would even think of repurchasing. I am very picky about them and cannot find one that does what it says until now. I love Pur anyway and decided to try this since I had a coupon.
My skin looked flawless immediately and I only needed half a pump. Since I hit 39 my skin isn't as dewy as it used to be and I have dry patches. This cream hydrated my skin and covered some of the uneven skintone I have. It looks like I have nothing on. It feels lightweight, which is seriously important to me and it does not shine like other BB creams have for me.
I have also noticed with use my skin looks better as well. As with all the Pur products thus far I am completely pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

I have been using this for a week now. Im coming of Estee lauder double wear light which is supposed to last all day. its good but I decided to do my skin some "good" & still have coverage. great size & hygienic tube, a lil pricey but so is EL but that lasts me 2yrs so lets see. I was shock at the coverage half a pump is enuff and don't see the need for concealer or even powder. im olive and tan is a purrfect match. doesnt cake, a lil settling in crease but if you blend well it does not. I had that problem day 1 but no longer. if it does the good things it claims im very happy. ps I use the concealer for eyes in med. great match.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kacesq

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying several BB and CC creams, I had become very cynical. My skin is very fair and unfortunately not flawless. I always needed a bit more coverage from the BB and CC creams I tried previously. I sampled this at a Duane Reade and was very impressed by the coverage. I took the plunge and bought a tube when Pur Minerals was having a site sale. I do feel that the price of this is a bit high for what it is.

This CC cream gives lovely, almost full coverage. When I wear it, it covers my redness and acne stars. I do a light dusting of a powder foundation - Kat Von D's Lock-it or Palladio's Wet/Dry - and I'm good to go. Everything is covered in a fairly believable manner. It dries down to something between a matte and a satin finish prior to powdering.

My skin is aging, dehydrated and yet still acne-prone. This has not caused me to break out. It's sufficient as a moisturizer now, but in the winter I will probably wear this over a moisturizer.

All in all, this is probably the best BB/CC creme I have used. For reference, I've used Too Faced, Urban Decay, Skin79, Missha and Dr. Jart.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard so many great things about this product, but....I hate it. I really do. It's fine if I only need to be out in public for about 2 hours, but anything more than that and for some reason this stuff makes my skin soooo oily. This is coming from someone with combo/dry skin who never has once had to blot her skin before this product in her life!!! Not only do I look extremely greasy but the effects of evening my skin tone wear off as well and I get red on my chin and T zone. Luckily I got the sample in my Birchbox and I didn't pay for it. Shame, because I know a lot of people really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I used to use their Tinted Moisturizer under the 4-in-1 pressed foundation, but they reformulated and I hate the new formulation. I like using something underneath the 4-in-1 for just a little added coverage and I find it makes it all last longer on my oily skin. First, I really like the packaging with the pump. This stuff is pricey and the last thing I want to do is waste a drop. The Medium color matches pretty nicely to my skintone (not too dark as I found with both their tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation) and there's no sparkles (YAY! That was my biggest gripe about their tinted moisturizer.) I apply it with my finger tips. It seems to be moisturizing enough me for the summer time, but come colder weather, I think I'll probably need to use a regular moisturizer before applying this, which doesn't bother me. Does exactly what I wanted it to: provides extra coverage, no extra shine, evens out my skintone and helps all my face makeup lasts all day long without feeling heavy like a foundation. Can't speak to the anti-aging promises, since I haven't used it that long and I'm only 27 but so far I'm sold. Took off 1 lippie only for the steep pricetag. Curious to see exactly how long I get out of one tube so I may edit that...

EDIT: Still using this and am just now getting to the end of my first bottle and I use this daily! I can't believe how long the tube lasts. Have had no break outs. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another winner from Pur Minerals! I haven't had a whole lot of luck with BB creams, and tinted moisturizers don't seem to do enough. So when Pur Minerals came out with a CC cream, I decided to take the $38+ dive and try it out. I LOVE it! I can actually see/feel a difference in my skin. It doesn't irriate my acne break outs, in fact, it helped clear them up! To be honest, I can't speak for what this stuff is like on its own, because it is a tiny bit on the heavy side, like a foundation (which the SA at Ulta told me it would be), so I mix it with either my moisturizer or sunscreen or a lighter shade of TM (the actual shade I purchased - medium - is a bit too dark for me right now, so diluting it helps with the texture and color). But so far, it has not oxidized on my skin, it has not sunken into my lines and pores, it has not caused my face to be a grease slick (though it doesn't keep me totally matte, I am admittedly less oily than other foundations/BB creams/TM I've tried). I will definitely be using this as my go-to make-up on casual days when I need a little more coverage than just powder. Oh yeah, I forgot, the coverage! It's great! It has medium coverage I'd say, but you can build it up to full-coverage, or use less and it could be light-coverage. I just dab a little extra on my breakouts and they are well covered! I really do like this stuff. It's expensive... but I guess if it truly becomes my miracle product, I will spend the money on it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for about a week now. And if anything changes with how it and my skin are behaving so far, you can bet your sweet buns I'll be back changing my tune here. But for what it's worth, as it is right now...I really like this. My skin hates silicone and silica in varying degrees, so I am constantly looking for things without those two ingredients in it. And strangely enough, this brand I've never heard of before has apparently done it, and without sneaking any silica in it, too! I got the Medium shade and it matches my skin quite well. It smells like sunscreen from the tube. It evens out my skin tone immediately and noticeably. I have varying stages of dying breakouts and scars right now and they make me frown a little when I see them after waking up. I looked at my skin before and after applying the CC Cream and was sort of flummoxed at the difference. Like, yeah, that is actually the look I've been going for whenever I found myself drawn back towards liquid foundations after breaking out from my latest foray and dragging myself back into the safe arms of super-powdery-but-at-least-breakout-free mineral foundations. I quite like the tube. It's functional, smart, secure, and packaged like anything in a squeeze format should be packaged, as far as I'm concerned. And the SPF 40 is GREAT. The high level of titanium dioxide is comforting, if not the best.

And unlike all of the other glorified tinted moisturizers that are flooding the American markets nowadays, I look at the ingredients list on this one and can definitely get the "BB cream" vibe. Happily, the coverage in this CC Cream also means that it lives up to the "coverage" name.

Ah, but the cons: It's sticky. It seems to sit on my face like sport sunscreen does. And it does wear off fairly easily. I also have had a cold over the last few days (yeah, I know, who catches a cold on the cusp of summer? THIS GAL *thumbs*) and I've found color rubbing off on my tissue. I don't mind that so much, honestly. I'm sort of just glad that this is working for me so well otherwise. The price, though...the price is something to mull over. But for now, I'm giving it my seal of approval. *thumbs*

[edit 08/14/2013] I've stopped using this after about 1.5 months of use. It wasn't causing catastrophic breakouts, but it certainly wasn't helping my acne, either--my skin seemed to stay in a perpetual state of the same level of breakoutness (that's a word). I'm dropping a lippy as a result. Back to the mineral foundations. Sigh.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No