New York Color In a New York Color Minute - Fashion Safari

4.1

on 6/10/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Gorgeous beige-y nude shade very pigmented I only use one coat. Itís not streaky and I love how it dries so fast. I will definitely repurchase especially at that amazing price!

on 4/18/2015 9:59:00 AM

I am a girly girl in the military, combines with a HORRIFIC cuticle picking habit so I am constantly searching for good nudes to wear (If my nails are painted I leave my fingers alone) This color is really nice with mail pink/pale complexion. I have used it multiple times and the brush is still in good condition, which is usually a problem with cheap nail polish. Use TWO coats. :)

on 9/6/2014 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

At this point in time, nail polish does not seem like a product that should cost a lot. It seems like modern technology pretty much has the formulas for paint, varnish and lacquer down, so as long as the color is chosen well, it should be possible for companies to produce a polish that is inexpensive. Which is why I'm always on the quest for a great cheap nail polish. NYC Fashion Safari is a product that fits the bill. It's a classy nude without any sparkle that has a warm carmel tone. I applied 3 thin coats and it is nearly opaque. Enough with a clear topcoat to look good. I would have given it 5 lippies if it were totally opaque.

on 2/22/2014 5:11:00 PM

Pretty nude color. Sheer, 2 coats sandwiched between matte coat. Glitter it up a bit or just top with NYC in a minute top coat and you're set. How long will it last? I have so much polish I don't really care... I change my nails constantly.

Update... top this color with Wet n Wild 2% Milk. Totally delicious creamy nude nail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love the color, but it takes 5-8 coats to get it opaque. That's way too many coats for me!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite inexpensive nude polish. It's done in 2 coats. Most nude polishes are streaky and see-through but I can actually apply only 1 coat and feel good about my nails with this. Aside from looking great on its own, it's also perfect for more artsy nails, whether with glued on pieces or other nail lacquers. Highly suggest.

Great nude, nicely opaque with two coats. Chips quickly but you get what you pay for! Will always repurchase

on 7/30/2013 2:45:00 AM

I used not to like neutral polish, but this one grew one me.
Great nude color that is the perfect on my fair skin. It's very streaky so the first coat always looks terrible, until I put the second coat and my nails become great.
The price of NYC nail polish is very low, which for me explains why it chips quickly (compare to OPI for example).
Will definitely buy again!

on 7/15/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great nude color for my pale, warm skin -- it has a bit of a peach undertone to it, and isn't so pale it makes my hands look sickly (but is still light enough to be a nude for me). It has a cream finish. However, I found the formula horribly streaky -- it was opaque in 2 coats but still quite streaky. It looked better with 3 coats but still isn't perfect. I'll admit my application skills may not be the best, but most of my other polishes do not turn out so streaky....

I'm on a kick with these opaque nude nail polishes. This one is great in that it is fully opaque in two coats, dries quickly and has no sparkle. The downsides are that the polish flakes off fairly easily, as it has little flexibility. Granted, I've only worn this once so far and didn't bother with base or top coat. The formula is slightly tricky to apply without streaks, due to the quick drying characteristics, but it does self-smooth for the most part.

Popular Polishes