April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Polishes - New York Color - In a New York Color Minute - Fashion Safari

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty nude color. Sheer, 2 coats sandwiched between matte coat. Glitter it up a bit or just top with NYC in a minute top coat and you're set. How long will it last? I have so much polish I don't really care... I change my nails constantly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, but it takes 5-8 coats to get it opaque. That's way too many coats for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite inexpensive nude polish. It's done in 2 coats. Most nude polishes are streaky and see-through but I can actually apply only 1 coat and feel good about my nails with this. Aside from looking great on its own, it's also perfect for more artsy nails, whether with glued on pieces or other nail lacquers. Highly suggest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

Great nude, nicely opaque with two coats. Chips quickly but you get what you pay for! Will always repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by purple47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used not to like neutral polish, but this one grew one me.
Great nude color that is the perfect on my fair skin. It's very streaky so the first coat always looks terrible, until I put the second coat and my nails become great.
The price of NYC nail polish is very low, which for me explains why it chips quickly (compare to OPI for example).
Will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great nude color for my pale, warm skin -- it has a bit of a peach undertone to it, and isn't so pale it makes my hands look sickly (but is still light enough to be a nude for me). It has a cream finish. However, I found the formula horribly streaky -- it was opaque in 2 coats but still quite streaky. It looked better with 3 coats but still isn't perfect. I'll admit my application skills may not be the best, but most of my other polishes do not turn out so streaky....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on a kick with these opaque nude nail polishes. This one is great in that it is fully opaque in two coats, dries quickly and has no sparkle. The downsides are that the polish flakes off fairly easily, as it has little flexibility. Granted, I've only worn this once so far and didn't bother with base or top coat. The formula is slightly tricky to apply without streaks, due to the quick drying characteristics, but it does self-smooth for the most part.