April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair and I'm always looking for a shampoo to make my hair look full. I picked this up because it's sulfate free and my hair gets damage super easily so I like to stick with sulfate free products when I can. This shampoo give my hair a little thickness but nothing really noticeable. It lathers pretty well which is rare for sulfate free shampoos. And by the third day I had bad build up from it. I have to wash my hair everyday but maybe use this every other day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This product does exactly what it claims. This is my first product by Organix and I am pretty impressed. Also love the smell too. I had tape-in hair extensions done prior to using this shampoo. The lady had installed so much hair that not only did it look bad but it was really pulling on my natural hair. I decided to take them out within 5 days, I was afraid of ruining my not so bad natural hair. As soon as I took the extensions out, I felt my hair was looking somewhat thin and falling off. I started using this shampoo religiously and it did the trick, my hair seems nice and full. I'm loving this shampoo.

I don't use the conditioner that goes with this shampoo. I noticed the conditioner has mixed reviews, not all so great. I use a conditioner by Redken along with this shampoo, and it works out great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by belladil

I love sulfate free shampoos and Organix is by far my favorite of the sulfate free drugstore brands. Before trying the biotin and collagen formula I had tried teatree mint (which is great for winter if you have dry scalp!) and awapuhi ginger, which is supposed to be repairing. This one is hands down my favorite formula. I highlight my hair and I think that using this shampoo and conditioner has minimized damage and helped with color upkeep.

I personally did not like the scent of this shampoo and conditioner, but that is just personal preferance. It hasn't really left the scent on my hair too strongly. In comparison, to L'Oreal Paris EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner I really prefer Organix Biotin and Collagen. The scent is much more pleasant in Organix and I feel like it does a better job at cleaning my hair for about the same price. I will definitely reccomend this product to my friends who are looking for a sulfate free hair care system without breaking the bank! If you're interested in this product Target often has the 50% more free bottles for the same price ~$6. The only reason I didn't give this product a higher score is because it is somewhat expseive when you buy the normal sized bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used a different Organix shampoo a few years back and it was flat out terrible (it was the one with the blue packaging) ..however I thought i give a different one a try recently.. after using it for a few weeks Ive been asked multiple times by my friends if I've done something different to my hair since it looks so good.. this shampoo gives a ton of volume and is not that drying. I usually have to use a conditioning mask a few times a week along with this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by camlynare

This stuff really works. I noticed my hair getting thicker and smoother. I also noticed less frizz in my hair and that it gave it shine. This stuff worked great on my dry hair in the winter and oily hair in the summer! The only downside is i began to notice shampoo buildup in my hair after about 3 weeks of use so i wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash as my hair just felt gross after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

SO MUCH VOLUME. SUCH CLEAN HAIR.

I have long, fine, straight hair that is an oil slick is the right products are not used. This shampoo cleaned my hair for DAYS and also gave it volume. People were asking me what I did to my hair.

HG. Will be a permanent member of my rotation.

Current Routine
1 week Loreal Everstrong shampoo & conditioner (green bottle, purple cap)
1 week Organix biotin shampoo (not sure about the conditioner yet)
1 week kirkland moist shampoo & conditioner
After every wash - Healthy Sexy Hair Triwheat leave in conditioner.

Tips for greasy girls:
No conditioner above the ears. (this includes leave in). Less is more at the scalp. And more is less at the roots. -- if you get what I mean.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by galexy15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the scent of this shampoo, and it works ok but I don't think my hair has gotten any thicker. It's a bit on the pricey side so I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by jwj123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo after reading rave reviews in a magazine. I do believe my hair feels thicker when I use it but I agree with another reviewer that you have to use a clarifying shampoo weekly to control build up. The scent doesn't bother me and the price was ok. I also bought the root blaster and the amplifying lotion and I am returning them today. They are awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

Organix is a little on the pricey side but worth every penny! I really don't like the smell but could care less if it helps my hair. I've been contemplating on buying a bottle of biotin oil but I hate the thought of massaging oil on my scalp. I have really thin hair to the point where you can see my scalp and using this shampoo makes my hair feel full and clean. I love the quality of the shampoo when using because it feels thick and like one of those expensive shampoos you don't really spend a fortune on. I highly recommend this for those who, like me, have thin hair. It really makes your day go a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

**Update** This formula does build up quite a bit.. After 2 weeks of continuous use my hair was heavy and stringy. Once a week I use a clarifying shampoo and let my hair rest. The thickening effect is really great, and I still think it's worth it. I just wish it was less heavy on silicones.

Overall, seems like a great thickening shampoo. The smell is very similar to the Sensual Amber line from Bath & Body Works, very warm and comforting.
I find that this gave my baby-fine hair a lot of body and shininess and it was easier to comb out while wet without tugging. Very happy with it so far. It looks like I overpaid, it was $7.99 at Walgreen's! The formula is concentrated, so this bottle should last a while. WIll update after using a whole bottle to see if the magic lasts!