Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

4.2

Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Biotin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethyltrimonium Chloride Methacrylate/ Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Copolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 2/21/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This shampoo is excellent for my thin hair. An added benefit is the purple tint, which really helps me since i'm a bottle blonde.

Besides the scent, which is ahhhhhmazing, i can really tell that this shampoo helps thicken my hair. On the weekends i use a different shampoo since i style my hair less and i can definitely tell a difference in terms of volume.

on 2/17/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This shampoo works really well for my dry, damaged, color-treated hair. It's sulphate-free, cleans my hair without completely stripping it of natural oils, and is reasonably priced. I'm currently on my second bottle, and will definitely repurchase in the future.

on 1/11/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the tall version of this along with the tall conditioner for $10. Which is what made me cave in and try it.

I'm not really impressed with the Organix line. They're nice products but there's something lacking. With this shampoo it seems like it just sort of cleans my hair. While it isn't drying, I feel like I lack volume. Moisture is nice and all but there's got to be a way to have volume to hair too.

2/23/15update: I've figured a way to make this work! I put a bunch of the shampoo in, use the middle of my fingers to massage my scalp, and them rub my ends between my hands (like you would rub your hands together when you're cold). I've stopped heavily scrubbing and now use a large tooth comb too on my wet hair. My hair is silky with this! It's still lacking on 2nd day hair and I want to try some of their other products to see if I can get a bit more volume

on 12/22/2014 8:10:00 PM

I am so used to high end, $100 shampoo and conditioner systems that when I decided to try this I honestly was shocked that I liked it better than all my high end shampoos. First, it smells so good, all day my hair smells fresh and when I walk past people they comment on how great I smell. Also, it makes my hair look full as if I put mousse or something volumizing in it, which is awesome for my super thin hair. All the way down to the ends it looks thick and healthy. It makes my hair feel so incredibly soft and the biotin in it isn't hiding, you can really tell it's in there by how healthy it makes my hair look and feel. I love this shampoo and conditioner and I'm going to keep using it!

on 12/7/2014 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had thick wavy hair and this past year loosing more than half. This is due to thyroid, so I don't want to get too excited yet. But, after washing thin,, brittle lifeless hair I hopeI ffound something to get me through this.

Read reviews here and picked it up at Target. OOnly the first wash, but the product was more than expected. I love the thick base, the smell and I guess the biotin etc does help.

Day 1 I had full body and some curls and waves. Day 2,the same.

This is no miracle, but day 3 I may skip washing.

My hair looks soft and shiny. Not brittle by now and that on me is huge. Not saying it will grow hair, but so far very little fall out.

I used a dad of Suave conditioner and really don't know if I needed it.

Like I said, more than half my hair is gone and I dreaded washing it this last year. I do have thick hair, what's left of it but this shampoo does give you the feel and look of healthy hair. . Yes, I would recommend this to anyone with fine or brittle hair.

on 10/19/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I used this product for a while because my hair is VERY fine and I figured this would be a good product to use to give it a "thicker" look. I would say after the wash and set it was fine, days after it was flat again. This could possibly be because my hair is just naturally fine. This product smells amazing and its not too expensive.

This shampoo is one of the best I have ever used for my specific hair type. My hair is fine (appears to be thinning) and this shampoo didn't exactly give me much volume when I let my hair air dry but I noticed a tremendous difference when blow-drying my hair. My hair appeared much thicker and along with a continuous use; shedding has almost stopped completely when washing my hair or even brushing it. Paired with the Biotin conditioner Organix offers my hair turns out silky smooth and frizz free.

on 10/12/2014 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this shampoo. To be honest I don't think I can call it an HG but that's not to say that this isn't a great product. I've tried a bunch of shampoos and none of them have been MIRACLE WORKERS but this one is close. You can find this at Target and Ulta for sure and probably Walmart/drugstores. I guess for a drugstore brand it's a tiny bit pricier but definitely still affordable. At Target you can usually find the "50% more free" bottles which give the product a bit better value. That bottle is a 19.5 fluid ounce for about $5-6. I've been using it for probably 3.5 months and just finished one bottle, which is a surprisingly long time. The packaging is pretty standard and looks like all the other Organix products. I guess the only con about the packaging is that the opening is at the top and it doesn't really allow you to store it upside down so when the product is running low it can be hard to get the last bit out. Not a deal breaker or anything for me though. This shampoo smells super good--kinda vanilla-y and candy like? Or like a sweet perfume. However the smell isn't extremely overbearing once it's on your hair so I don't think it would bother people who are sensitive to scents too much. Once your hair has dried you might be able to smell if you actually bring your hair to your nose and sniff it but it's not like it gives off a strong fragrance. The texture is like a very thick and luxurious shampoo. The formulation is sulfate and paraben free, and my FAVORITE thing about this shampoo is that it's alcohol free! Which even in natural and sulfate free shampoo brands is super hard to find. In fact it's one of the only ones I've ever come across and definitely the only reasonably priced ones. I have coarse, frizzy, curly/wavy hair that can easily be dried out without a ton of maintenance, so it's definitely a plus for me to avoid alcohol where I can in my hair care. Like most sulfate free shampoos, this doesn't lather too much and since it's thick it can be a bit difficult to spread it through your hair but I just rub it around in my hands with a bit of water in the shower before putting it in my hair and it thins it out enough to easily get it through my thick hair. It also helps to not waste a bunch of product. I only shampoo my roots/scalp to prevent unnecessary drying to my ends but either way this shampoo is not drying at all. It does contain silicones (dimethicone) so if you're not into that then that's something to consider. Silicones don't bother me and actually help to make my hair less frizzy so I don't mind. I clarify (with baking soda and ACV) so that helps to prevent buildup. I only shampoo about 3 times a week as well. This shampoo doesn't dry my hair out one bit nor does it contribute to any greasiness or leave any kind of residue on my hair. My hair feels soft, healthy, and full of life. To be honest, my hair was not really thin at all before using this but this helped to make it even thicker. It doesn't give any kind of crazy volume but it also doesn't weigh it down at all. I bought this shampoo since it contained biotin and protein to help nourish and rebuild my damaged hair. I do think this helped thicken/strengthen my hair a bit although I made a lot of changes in my hair care that probably contributed to that as well. I'm not claiming this transformed my hair or made it grow like crazy but nevertheless it did help a good amount. About halfway through using this shampoo I decided to cut my hair for the first time in about 4 years (not even any trims!) to chop off all the damage that had been accumulating. The stylist actually complimented me saying my hair was very thick and nice and asked what I used. Like I said, this product (probably not any product) will most likely not be a complete miracle worker but it is an overall genuinely good shampoo. It contains ingredients that are good for your hair, helped to thicken and strengthen, and has never had any kind of negative effect. I just ran out of my first bottle and I will continue to repurchase. At a very reasonable price, I don't think it would hurt to try this if you are looking to improve your hair's health.

on 10/8/2014 9:59:00 AM

This shampoo is great! I have very fine hair but a lot of it; it tends to fall flat not too long after drying, no matter what products I use, and the roots get oily quickly. Always having wanted thicker hair I thought I would give this shampoo a try. It really does pump up my hair, even when it air-dries, and staves on any greasiness throughout the day. It looks healthier, fuller, and shinier. I do not use the conditioner because, no matter the brand, it weighs my hair down, even when applied only to the ends. However, this shampoo has great moisturization; it doesn't leave my hair dry or brittle. Great results, it smells fantastic, and you can't go wrong with the cute, functional bottles they put their products in!

on 9/24/2014 9:21:00 PM

This actually does pump up my hair! I already have a bit of thickness but this makes it better! I originally got this because I'm growing my hair and thought this may help it grow faster. Don't know if it is working, but I love the other benefits.