October 26, 2014 | 1375 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Nolabombshell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a while because my hair is VERY fine and I figured this would be a good product to use to give it a "thicker" look. I would say after the wash and set it was fine, days after it was flat again. This could possibly be because my hair is just naturally fine. This product smells amazing and its not too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Francescasarah24

This shampoo is one of the best I have ever used for my specific hair type. My hair is fine (appears to be thinning) and this shampoo didn't exactly give me much volume when I let my hair air dry but I noticed a tremendous difference when blow-drying my hair. My hair appeared much thicker and along with a continuous use; shedding has almost stopped completely when washing my hair or even brushing it. Paired with the Biotin conditioner Organix offers my hair turns out silky smooth and frizz free.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by dashazaytseva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this shampoo. To be honest I don't think I can call it an HG but that's not to say that this isn't a great product. I've tried a bunch of shampoos and none of them have been MIRACLE WORKERS but this one is close. You can find this at Target and Ulta for sure and probably Walmart/drugstores. I guess for a drugstore brand it's a tiny bit pricier but definitely still affordable. At Target you can usually find the "50% more free" bottles which give the product a bit better value. That bottle is a 19.5 fluid ounce for about $5-6. I've been using it for probably 3.5 months and just finished one bottle, which is a surprisingly long time. The packaging is pretty standard and looks like all the other Organix products. I guess the only con about the packaging is that the opening is at the top and it doesn't really allow you to store it upside down so when the product is running low it can be hard to get the last bit out. Not a deal breaker or anything for me though. This shampoo smells super good--kinda vanilla-y and candy like? Or like a sweet perfume. However the smell isn't extremely overbearing once it's on your hair so I don't think it would bother people who are sensitive to scents too much. Once your hair has dried you might be able to smell if you actually bring your hair to your nose and sniff it but it's not like it gives off a strong fragrance. The texture is like a very thick and luxurious shampoo. The formulation is sulfate and paraben free, and my FAVORITE thing about this shampoo is that it's alcohol free! Which even in natural and sulfate free shampoo brands is super hard to find. In fact it's one of the only ones I've ever come across and definitely the only reasonably priced ones. I have coarse, frizzy, curly/wavy hair that can easily be dried out without a ton of maintenance, so it's definitely a plus for me to avoid alcohol where I can in my hair care. Like most sulfate free shampoos, this doesn't lather too much and since it's thick it can be a bit difficult to spread it through your hair but I just rub it around in my hands with a bit of water in the shower before putting it in my hair and it thins it out enough to easily get it through my thick hair. It also helps to not waste a bunch of product. I only shampoo my roots/scalp to prevent unnecessary drying to my ends but either way this shampoo is not drying at all. It does contain silicones (dimethicone) so if you're not into that then that's something to consider. Silicones don't bother me and actually help to make my hair less frizzy so I don't mind. I clarify (with baking soda and ACV) so that helps to prevent buildup. I only shampoo about 3 times a week as well. This shampoo doesn't dry my hair out one bit nor does it contribute to any greasiness or leave any kind of residue on my hair. My hair feels soft, healthy, and full of life. To be honest, my hair was not really thin at all before using this but this helped to make it even thicker. It doesn't give any kind of crazy volume but it also doesn't weigh it down at all. I bought this shampoo since it contained biotin and protein to help nourish and rebuild my damaged hair. I do think this helped thicken/strengthen my hair a bit although I made a lot of changes in my hair care that probably contributed to that as well. I'm not claiming this transformed my hair or made it grow like crazy but nevertheless it did help a good amount. About halfway through using this shampoo I decided to cut my hair for the first time in about 4 years (not even any trims!) to chop off all the damage that had been accumulating. The stylist actually complimented me saying my hair was very thick and nice and asked what I used. Like I said, this product (probably not any product) will most likely not be a complete miracle worker but it is an overall genuinely good shampoo. It contains ingredients that are good for your hair, helped to thicken and strengthen, and has never had any kind of negative effect. I just ran out of my first bottle and I will continue to repurchase. At a very reasonable price, I don't think it would hurt to try this if you are looking to improve your hair's health.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is great! I have very fine hair but a lot of it; it tends to fall flat not too long after drying, no matter what products I use, and the roots get oily quickly. Always having wanted thicker hair I thought I would give this shampoo a try. It really does pump up my hair, even when it air-dries, and staves on any greasiness throughout the day. It looks healthier, fuller, and shinier. I do not use the conditioner because, no matter the brand, it weighs my hair down, even when applied only to the ends. However, this shampoo has great moisturization; it doesn't leave my hair dry or brittle. Great results, it smells fantastic, and you can't go wrong with the cute, functional bottles they put their products in!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kohana

This actually does pump up my hair! I already have a bit of thickness but this makes it better! I originally got this because I'm growing my hair and thought this may help it grow faster. Don't know if it is working, but I love the other benefits.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Liz081988

The product made my thinning hair fall out even more. I loved the smell and the cute packaging but the hair loss every time I take a shower was annoying. šŸ‘ŽSwitching back to loreal everstrong thickening system

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by CurlyHeadedTreasure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so where I live this stuff is hard to come by at BOTH Targets in my city. Sells out fast. I started using this my second semester of college and after the first use I LOVED it. It really does add volume to your hair, at least for curly hair. My hair was around shoulder length at that time, and is 3c texture so I love something to help with volume. Definitely recommend it to my fellow curly heads. Doesn't dry my hair out, left it soft still and not frizzy like other products. Added a little olive oil after I rinsed out like I do with all conditioners

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Kimillion79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair was very dry & thin, after using both the shampoo & conditioner 1 time my hair started to look & feel a lot fuller & I use OGX coconut milk to moisturize! I havent used another product since starting this, thinning hair runs in my family but these products changed all of that for me! I think this is just the new products that I will use forever, only problem is you cant find it everwhere & when I cant I just use OGX keratin shampoo or Argan oil shampoo but OGX everything is good. Mind you I also take biotin vitamin because I dont want to use hairfinity. I dont know if its the combination that works for me but even when I forget to take my vitamins I still love biotin shampoo & condish!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Cindernella

Smells delish..cleans well but Holy Volume this shampoo brought new life to my hair NO OTHER Shampoo has given volume like this. Please try if you haven't !

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by elifnazli

I had big hopes while i was buying this but this shampoo is a big disappointment. First of all, it dried my hair so badly. After i used this ,my hair became extremely dry and extremely hard to style or brush. Also, it didn't add any volume at all. regret to buy.