Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Matchmaker Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica**, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch**, Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide**, PTFE, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Silica**, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Hydrogenated Lecithin**, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Kaolin**, Polysilicone-11, Hydrated Silica, Polyester-1, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance)**, Potassium Sorbate**, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aqua (Water), Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 5/8/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't really use this as a foundation, to be honest, so I can't give a 100% accurate review. But I think it works well as a finishing powder-type product, as it is a fine powder and adds a bit of glow. I tend to be pretty sweaty if I work out in the morning, so a light liquid coverage (BB cream, etc.) with this works really well for even coverage and slightly matte/slightly glowy effect I need.

on 3/21/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm re writing this review because I've recently purchased this powder and I am in love. The original review was glowing as well but now, it's holy grail worthy. I have NEVER in my life found a base more skin like. And I have tried hundreds of foundations. High end low end EVERYTHING! Nothing compares. I first bought it years ago and I stopped using it because I thought it was breaking me out. Now I know it wasn't. (My skin is very acne prone) Even with only 3 shades, it does certainly match your skin tone. The liquid version of the matchmaker was horrendous. It didn't cover jack. But this with just one good swipe covers 90% of my redness. It's not full coverage and it doesn't completely cover a pimple or scar but that's what I use concealer for. But the lasting power is wonderful and I still can't get over how natural it looks for a powder! As a foundation junkie, I can't recommend anything else. Also, the application is extremely easy. It's never dry or "powdery" on my skin. I seriously can't think of one flaw..

on 1/22/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the liquid so much that I thought I should give the powder a try. I was thinking it could be a great alternative for the warmer months when the liquid feels a little too oily. One day was all it took to change my mind - my face looked like I had covered it in a dark orange bronzer. I was several shades darker than my chest, neck, and hands. When I initially applied it in the morning it didn't look that dark but when I checked a mirror at work I was in shock. I asked a co-worker and they could clearly see the problem. I took it back and I will be sticking with the liquid.

on 5/18/2014 11:44:00 AM

I have been a makeup junkie for my entire life, and this foundation is absoutely the most spectacular product I have ever encountered. Here's what I like about it: once applied, it virtually disappears into the skin, but somehow seems to cover all the little imperfections while letting your skin show thru. I understand that some people are a bit put off by the application process necessary, but don't let that deter you. You pump out a blob of the foundation, and it's an opaque, greyish white substance. I dab a bit on my nose, each cheek, forehead, and chin, and you gently keep smoothing the product around your face. The formerly whiteish blob turns into a smooth, thin cover for the face. Just keep smoothing it around and I promise you, you will like the appearance of your complexion. Frankly, after having used this stuff for the past few years, all other foundations seem too mask-ike and heavy for my taste. I have a bottle in the office, in my bathroom, in my travel kit, and in my purse. Do try it and see how it works for you - you can get a small sample from Sephora in the color that works best for you. It comes in a pump bottle, sells for around $42 and is worth every penny ( buy one of those little scraper thingies on a long handle from Amazon to get out the last bits from the bottom of the bottle).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I am an nc30 and a lady at sephora matched me with light-medium shade. I wanted to use a powder foundation because of my oily skin and so far this hasn't caused any breakouts! I don't have any big pimples the only reason I wear a powder is because I have some redness so I use it to even out my skin tone and this actually works very well. If you want something completely full coverage then this is not the powder for you. It help control my oil, I've heard that argan oil actually helps to balance oily skin. My skin still does get a little shiny but I just blot once a day and I'm shine free. I also use my Estée Lauder matte perfecting primer under this, so that might help. I use the puff to put it on because I feel like it works better, I noticed that when I swipe it on, my skin will get a little red, but when i pat it on, it's amazing. It's very build able and definitely looks like skin! I love natural looking makeup and this doesn't look powdery. The only complaint I have is that it takes a while to match your skin color, so your face can look a little white for a while but it's not like you look like a ghost. It also has a little bit of a smell when you first open it, but once it goes on the skin it doesn't bother me at all, which is why I don't mind. Overall, I would recommend and buy this product again!!

on 3/19/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this a year ago and I wasn't in love. )I have tried her matchmaker liquid foundation and that is a winner for me.) But, this one didn't come close. It did not morph into my exact skin tone. It just sat on my skin making it appear dry, orange and uneven.

Well, a year later, I pulled it out of the cabinet and decided to try again. I modified my application technique. Instead of swiping it across the product and swiping it on my face, now, I pat the product the product gently with the puff and gently puff on to my skin. So, I get a barely there application, but, still with a bit of coverage.

It looks a whole lot better and is workable for me. Yeah!

on 2/17/2014 10:22:00 PM

OMG this powder is amazing! I was running really late for school one day and I put took about 30 seconds to put this on. Later in the day I looked a mirror expecting my face to look terrible. But instead my skin looked so airbrushed and pretty! It looked like my skin but better. I will continue use this as long as it is being made.

on 12/12/2013 3:49:00 PM

hmmm, idk. i bought this from sephora in light/med. i'm nc 20-25 and the color works but perhaps a tad darker than i would like.it has flicks of white patches in the "colored" pressed mineral powder.The coverage is light, good for summer or humidity. bare minerals has better coverage , for reference i use the color fairly light in bare minerals.

the compact is rose gold plastic, kinda cheap, but it works. the mirror is great. comes with a sponge in a hidden compartment. no scent or irritation, goes over my sunscreen well. if i don't find anything better i will keep using this for easy breezy days, but not for special occasions where i want a more polished foundation look..

This is a great powder I love it on days when I don't want anything too heavy and just light. It's also a great setting powder I use this along with the argan serum foundation and it mattifies and stays put all day and great for the dry winter air because the argan oil hydrates. As for the coverage it varies if you apply with a brush it can go on sheer to medium build able coverage but with the sponge it can go on very heavy full coverage and lead to oxidizing really badly if you apply it the wrong way. Try it sometime.

on 11/10/2013 4:13:00 AM

I am a little sad that the reviewers here aren't so crazy about this product as much as I am. Here is my experience:

I went into Sephora earlier this year (2013) to get another BareMinerals powder. However I felt like the one I was already using was too orange for me. One of the consultants helping me suggested I go even a darker BareMinerals than I was already going. But it was too dark and yellow for me and left an ugly texture on my acne prone face. I asked if she had any other products and she suggested I try out the Josie Maran Matchmaker Powder Foundation. It went great and smoothly on my skin. It feels light on my skin, gives me the perfect coverage , and doesn't look too yellow. I love wearing it everyday after I go through my regular skin care regime. Gives me that perfect coverage without looking too over done. It looks flawless and natural. The duo application pad it comes with is the best. It has two sides so you have two different methods of application--buildable coverage. I have found that the most effective way to apply this foundation is to pat it on your skin and lightly buff it. It completely resolves any excess oil and gives an even look. You do have to reapply every few hours but I think it is worth it.
I ran out of this product a few weeks ago and went into Sephora to purchase again. I wanted to make sure I had the right shade (I had light-medium before and thought I might need fair-light). The consultant helped me out and she applied the light-medium with a sephora 55 brush and it was amazing. Even the consultant was impressed with the flawless even coverage this product gives. I absolutely love it. It also does a great job of covering some pores. I honestly would recommend this product to anyone who has oily skin, wants a foundation that gives a buildable coverage, and has argan oil. I never ever have gone to buy a product again (except for the clinique perfectly real foundation). I think it does a great job. Pricing is a worth it for this product--at least for me.