July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Color Stick in Love

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Love is a pretty pale rose shade that looks very nice in the packaging but will not show up on my skin unless the stick has been in a warm place and slightly melted.

I really do not like the texture of these sticks, I feel that I have to apply with a lot of pressure just to get the color to show up. They also don't deposit much color and the product that does deposit on the skin is streaky and shiny. In fact the sticks give such a glossy finish that applying powder over the top leaves a clumpy mess. Also, the color fades very fast and within a couple of hours it has disappeared completely. I don't like the feel of these for the lips, too powdery and dry after a while. You do get a lot of product in the packaging though, but I don't think it is worth the money.

Wouldn't buy again and I would recommend trying one of the mini sticks before buying a full size item.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bameiboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for any of Josie Maran argan color stick. I love them all from clear to colors. The clear is in my purse for lip balm of the tops of my hands that dry out the second I go in Walmart and other stores. The colors I use on my lips,topped with gloss, on my cheeks,dusted with powder blush and on my eyes topped with shadow. Sometimes to keep it quick and simple I don't top them with anything but finish powder. They blend great on cheeks and smell eucalyptus like. I really love the look of the color stick on cheeks then when dry a bit of mineral blush on the apples of my cheeks. The effect is very pretty, wish I could describe it better. I love argan oil products and this is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is by far the most elegant blush I have ever used. I have been a stickler for BeneFit Coralista for the longest time, but this blush is making me seriously reconsider my favorite. I found glowing reviews online of the various Argan Color Sticks and decided to give them a try. One of the things I like best is how easy it is to read and understand the ingredients list. That to me says a lot about the quality of the product. Of course, it is rare to find a cosmetic product that is one-hundred percent natural, but Josie Maran does a pretty decent job of trying to cater to customers who are concerned about what they put on their bodies, especially on their faces. The colorstick Love goes on smoothly and creamily. I have very fair skin, so two modest swipes on each cheek is all I need to get a nice color. I then blend with my fingers. This blush can be blended almost endlessly and it does not stick like spackle to your face. The color was much more pigmented than I expected, but after blending I had a gorgeous warm reddish pink flush. I found that the best way to apply this blush is by applying it first in my makeup routine, even before moisturizer, and making it a little darker than what I want it to be. The texture of the stick does not lend itself to layering over powders or over heavier creams. Afterwards, I applied my moisturizer and makeup as usual and was able to appreciate the color more. I have also tried using this product as a lipstick. As a lipstick, I like to layer it over a lip balm, because the color is so pigmented it sticks to dry skin and accentuates the dry patches. It works well as a lipstick, but of course will need to be reapplied throughout the day. Some people complain about the smell of the colorstick, but I actually like how it smells natural and fresh. I am very, very satisfied with my purchase and have already repurchased other colorsticks in other colors. Bravo, Josie.