Etude House Correct and Care CC Cream SPF30 PA++ 35g (Silky / Glow)

2.5

(Glow) WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, METHYL HYDROGENATED ROSINATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, ZINC OXIDE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ARBUTIN, MICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, HEXYL LAURATE, OZOKERITE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, ADENOSINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, SILICA, POLYESTER-1, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT, BIOTIN, MALTODEXTRIN, CISTUS INCANUS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SODIUM POTASSIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE, CI 77491, CI 77492

on 12/24/2014 7:09:00 AM

It does slightly amend yr skin colour only no oil-control at all. Popped a lot of pimples(I guess it clogs pore) been trying for a few times on different ppl's face, causing allergy or pimples n white heads. Worst cc cream

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's expensive , it do transffer. :/ .... it doesnt help any controlling my oiliness , it does nooootttttt blend on your skin tone . like if you have darker complexion this is not for youuuu. i will not repurchase again (like all etude products).. the packaging is cute thooo..

on 10/10/2014 10:38:00 AM

I bought the Silky shade, which is suitable for oilier skin as opposed to Glow which suits drier skin or normal skin. To be honest, this is my very first CC cream but so far, I am loving it!
It didn't exactly give me the matte texture I would expect from a primer but I love how it brightens up my complexion and covers up the underlying red-pink tones in my face. My foundation also goes over the CC cream like a dream and it oxidises less easily too and remains as pigmented as it was in the morning! My skin is not pale but it is extremely fair so most of the time, the lightest shades in most foundation lines barely match the skin on my neck, leaving me with a face still slightly darker. With this CC cream, my foundation finally matches my neck! Not to mention, the glowing complexion and silky-smooth texture.
Considering the hot and humid weather in the tropical region where my country is located in, the heat opens up my pores and increases sebum production in my skin a lot more than it would to most people living here. The CC cream covered my pores well and lasted all day from early morning to late at night. It also worked well at oil control and I only had to blot my nose around ten hours later! But by night time, I did feel the weight of three layers of make-up on my face.

This CC cream comes out white though, so I think it is better suited for pale to fair skin. Tanner skin tones might come off as pasty-white when CC cream is applied too thickly.
It also offers little to no coverage so if you're looking for something light while also providing some decent coverage, this CC cream isn't exactly the best at covering blemishes but does a very good job at correcting fair skin with a ruddy complexion. Smell-wise, it has a slight artificial scent but it fades quickly once applied.The texture is smooth and glides smoothly onto skin.

My only true gripe about this product is the slight stickiness of the product and how it makes my blackheads stand out a bit too much by turning them white... :x Otherwise, I think it's perfect and I would repurchase it for its great complexion correcting properties!

EDIT:

Just wore it out on its own and it looked so natural as though I haven't got anything on at all!

on 9/20/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I regret to buy it. The oil control is bad for me, and it look like tinted moisturiser

on 7/23/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My mind has changed so much about this product, from LOVE to EH to HOLY GRAIL to, well, now, which is "satisfactory".

CLAIMS:
*8-in-1: wrinkle-care, redness-care, replaces moisturizer, replaces foundation primer, replaces sun protection factor, replaces foundation, adds luminosity and has stress relieving benefits for the skin.
*filled with antioxidants that brightens, and encourages the delay of the aging cycle.
*has colour changing microbeads that blend to match colour fo your skin.

The claims are SEMI TRUE!
It does look like "no makeup", adds luminosity to the skin, has this very calming scent (which I'm guessing has to do with the stress), is actually quite hydrating and very easy to blend against my slightly dry-combination skin, improves the LOOKS and FEEL of my skin on and off my skin, and does tone up the complexion, allowing my pink cheeks and my naturally paler/beige skintone to blend into one.

Having this for only three weeks isn't exactly the most ideal time, but I was too excited and NEEDED to post this review. Anti-aging is kind of an, "eh... are you sure?" but I shall be updating the more I use this. Also, the whole covering thing works AMAZING for me, but for people with a lot of troubles and more pinkier cheeks than me may find this kind of a "wear it under BB cream" kind of product (which I even do).

And out of all this, there's a bonus with the sun protection ;P

PROS:
* lengthens wear of BB or foundation over top.
* when mixed with Vaseline and put over the face, makes a very nice glossy finish that moisturizes the skin without looking or feeling heavy or oily.
* good SPF and PA protection.
* doesn't crease or settle into fine lines.
* covers redness and dark circles enough.
* seriously perfects skin TONE and general complexion.

CONS:
* slightly sticky residue (must be set with a powder to finger feel bearable).
* wears off onto clothes (HATE THIS BECAUSE OF THAT).
* highlights bumps on skin from reflective formula.

For someone like me who wants an all in one product that is LIGHTWEIGHT, LONG LASTING, and has nice packaging, this product does all that so it's satisfactory, but then it doesn't do anything else.
Coverage? = Okay.
Residue? = Doesn't need to be there.

Simply one of those products that are better for people with PERFECT skin and have no pores or any allergic bumps across the skin.

on 7/14/2014 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Overall a good product for me, despite all the bad reviews below. This CC cream is great for days when you want a nothing too heavy on your face. Using the elf stipple brush for application. A tiny pump is enough. Then top it off with skinfood buckwheat powder. It reduces redness but does not have any coverage for dark spots/pigmentation/scars. Packaging is hygenie. Bought it off gmarket for SGD9 during sale, such a steal!

I moved from Canada to Thailand recently, and I found out that suddenly, everything I knew about foundation was out the window. My Missha BB cream was too thick, too greasy, as was my Physician Formula CC cream, which I used when I wanted a natural complexion. Everything I had made me break out within hours. No amount of powder gave me the oil control i needed without caking my face.

Etude house was offering a 30% sale the other day, so I thought I'd try their CC Cream. I purchased Silky, which has a matte finish and is for people with oily/combination skin.

You really only need one pump for it to cover your whole face.

The coverage is incredibly sheer. It does even out skin tone - suddenly my blotchy pink cheeks look a lot more like the skin around it. It won't cover any acne scars however, so don't expect it to perform miracles.

What really impresses me about this cream is that it's so lightweight. I have moisturizers that are greasier than this CC cream! Its oil control is much better than what I'm used to, but that might also be because I wear powder over it. I haven't tried going out with just this cream alone.

I wore this cream with powder for 9 hours, and that's when I really started feeling like I had make up on my face. Incredible!

The only complaint I have about this cream is its packaging and it's price. While I appreciate the pump, I'm not nuts about how the cap is 1/3 of the bottle size. You only need one pump to cover your whole face, but you still have to pay 1250 Baht for the whole price (35 dollars in CAD!). I'm lucky I only paid for two thirds!!

I'll definitely be stocking up on this cream during Sales in the future.

EDIT: I've had this BB cream for several months now. It's great for a full face of make up, but not so much if you want to look more natural, especially since you have to put powder for it to not have a white cast.

I'm taking one lippie off, because I don't think you should have to put extra powder on for colour for a BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this CC cream in the silky version which is targeted for those with oily skin because it will give more of a matte finish however I bought this because I wasn't really into the dewy look. :/

I really regret buying this CC cream. Packaging and design is great but that's pretty much it. It has these color changing beads in them however it doesn't fully blend into my skin color. I end up looking slightly whiter than I am. It brightens up skin well though.

Some recommend using a CC cream as a sort of primer for foundation or BB cream so I tried that but it actually makes applying BB cream a lot harder for me. It makes it more difficult to blend and it ends up looking cakey :/

If you're looking for something to just brighten up your skin and reduce a bit of redness or if your skin's already great and just need that extra something then this is the product for you.

on 6/20/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Maybe EH just want to spreads the cc cream trend. It claims so much advantages as a make up + skincare. But it did nothing, on my face. I look like someone who applied make up then joining a marathon. Really ugly.

on 2/14/2014 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Expensive product for low results.

I guess that if the producy didn't promise so many things, would be better. First of all - I used the silky one, which seems that fits better in a oily skin like mne. First: no coverage. The product doesn't add any colour in my face. Second: it never dries! I don't know why the products never dries. The product may be a good moisturizer, but it can't be used as a primer. And it's very expensive! A little package (35 ml) costs in Brazil about R$ 52.