September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

BB Cream - Etude - Correct and Care CC Cream SPF30 PA++ 35g (Silky / Glow)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by arimbii

I regret to buy it. The oil control is bad for me, and it look like tinted moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this, long story short: is AMAZING.

CLAIMS:
*8-in-1: wrinkle-care, redness-care, replaces moisturizer, replaces foundation primer, replaces sun protection factor, replaces foundation, adds luminosity and has stress relieving benefits for the skin.
*filled with antioxidants that brightens, and encourages the delay of the aging cycle.
*has colour changing microbeads that blend to match colour fo your skin.

The claims are SEMI TRUE!
It does look like "no makeup", adds luminosity to the skin, has this very calming scent (which I'm guessing has to do with the stress), is actually quite hydrating and very easy to blend against my slightly dry-combination skin, improves the LOOKS and FEEL of my skin on and off my skin, and does tone up the complexion, allowing my pink cheeks and my naturally paler/beige skintone to blend into one.

Having this for only three weeks isn't exactly the most ideal time, but I was too excited and NEEDED to post this review. Anti-aging is kind of an, "eh... are you sure?" but I shall be updating the more I use this. Also, the whole covering thing works AMAZING for me, but for people with a lot of troubles and more pinkier cheeks than me may find this kind of a "wear it under BB cream" kind of product (which I even do).

And out of all this, there's a bonus with the sun protection ;P

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (love) lightweight, literally like I'm wearing LIGHT AIR. Except is a bit sticky on the skin for a couple of hours before it really sets.
^ Me, being more sensitive to weight on the skin, this made my day, knowing that it was makeup that was benefiting my skin but didn't feel like steel.
SMELL: (eh) like your typical makeup, except you can sniff the SPF and a bit of floral hue to the product.
TEXTURE: (love) very soft and easy to manipulate.
PIGMENTATION: (eh) doesn't cover too much but does hide my under eye circles and the redness over around my nose (not my cheeks).
FINISH: (love) luminous but not oily. The perf!

APPLICATION: (love) they tell you to blend it (on the models, commercials, etc etera) but that's a HORRID way of doing it unless you want to create wrinkles all over the face.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Pump 3/4 of a pump on the palms.
#2: Warm the product between the hands.
#3: Pat on the face starting from the cheeks.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (love) lasts on the face with makeup over it, or without makeup over it an averaging ten hours which is perfect for me.
LOOKS: (love) DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT settle into fine lines, around the nose where I have blackheads constantly erupting, or make any bumps on my skin any more noticable. LOVE THIS!~
WEAR: (love) during the day it doesn't just rub off onto my clothes or my hands.
REACTION: (eh) my skin didn't break out from it, but no noticable anti-aging effects, but it certainly does brighten up the complexion!
REMOVAL: (love) slips right off but surprisingly didn't rub off.

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (love) not that I'm a "bon voyage!" person, but this is very handy in a purse.
SPECIFICS: (love) the cap around the VERY CONTROLLABLE pump locks right in, so you know when it's there and it takes some pulling to really get the cap off.
VANITY: (love) since it's pink and stands up straight, it looks flawless on my vanity table which is usually where I put all my makeup.

Price is SPECTACULAR for only $14 and is 12M lifespan.
LOVED this product and I actually have people COMPLIMENTING my skin.
Talk about luxury, vanity, and satisfaction! xD

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Overall a good product for me, despite all the bad reviews below. This CC cream is great for days when you want a nothing too heavy on your face. Using the elf stipple brush for application. A tiny pump is enough. Then top it off with skinfood buckwheat powder. It reduces redness but does not have any coverage for dark spots/pigmentation/scars. Packaging is hygenie. Bought it off gmarket for SGD9 during sale, such a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I moved from Canada to Thailand recently, and I found out that suddenly, everything I knew about foundation was out the window. My Missha BB cream was too thick, too greasy, as was my Physician Formula CC cream, which I used when I wanted a natural complexion. Everything I had made me break out within hours. No amount of powder gave me the oil control i needed without caking my face.

Etude house was offering a 30% sale the other day, so I thought I'd try their CC Cream. I purchased Silky, which has a matte finish and is for people with oily/combination skin.

You really only need one pump for it to cover your whole face.

The coverage is incredibly sheer. It does even out skin tone - suddenly my blotchy pink cheeks look a lot more like the skin around it. It won't cover any acne scars however, so don't expect it to perform miracles.

What really impresses me about this cream is that it's so lightweight. I have moisturizers that are greasier than this CC cream! Its oil control is much better than what I'm used to, but that might also be because I wear powder over it. I haven't tried going out with just this cream alone.

I wore this cream with powder for 9 hours, and that's when I really started feeling like I had make up on my face. Incredible!

The only complaint I have about this cream is its packaging and it's price. While I appreciate the pump, I'm not nuts about how the cap is 1/3 of the bottle size. You only need one pump to cover your whole face, but you still have to pay 1250 Baht for the whole price (35 dollars in CAD!). I'm lucky I only paid for two thirds!!

I'll definitely be stocking up on this cream during Sales in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by shielalalala13

I bought this CC cream in the silky version which is targeted for those with oily skin because it will give more of a matte finish however I bought this because I wasn't really into the dewy look. :/

I really regret buying this CC cream. Packaging and design is great but that's pretty much it. It has these color changing beads in them however it doesn't fully blend into my skin color. I end up looking slightly whiter than I am. It brightens up skin well though.

Some recommend using a CC cream as a sort of primer for foundation or BB cream so I tried that but it actually makes applying BB cream a lot harder for me. It makes it more difficult to blend and it ends up looking cakey :/

If you're looking for something to just brighten up your skin and reduce a bit of redness or if your skin's already great and just need that extra something then this is the product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe EH just want to spreads the cc cream trend. It claims so much advantages as a make up + skincare. But it did nothing, on my face. I look like someone who applied make up then joining a marathon. Really ugly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by MMitie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Expensive product for low results.

I guess that if the producy didn't promise so many things, would be better. First of all - I used the silky one, which seems that fits better in a oily skin like mne. First: no coverage. The product doesn't add any colour in my face. Second: it never dries! I don't know why the products never dries. The product may be a good moisturizer, but it can't be used as a primer. And it's very expensive! A little package (35 ml) costs in Brazil about R$ 52.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This review is on the Silky variant. I purchased the full size item on ebay from a seller in Korea, who included 1 sample sachet of the Glow variant. A sample sachet will give you around 3 applications.

Quickie review of Glow: I do not have the full size of Glow, but I imagine the packaging would be exactly the same in terms of functionality. The Glow version adds lots of hydration to the skin, has a VERY dewy finish without adding any colour of coverage, but remains tacky after application and doesn't dry. It would be a fantastic primer for a matte finish foundation or BB Cream. I do not recommend it as a primer for a powder foundation because I think it would stick in patches, or for someone with combination to oily skin.

*****

Packaging:
Tall, slim squeeze tube with pump at the end. The pump has a little nozzle that sticks out so it is very easy to wipe off after pumping out product. The pump is very smooth and doesn't stick at all when pressing down to dispense product. It also dispenses a decent amount of product with 1 pump, enough to cover your entire face.

Price:
I find this to be quite expensive for the 35g of product you get, considering this is more of a skincare packed primer. The Precious Mineral BB Cream costs less for almost double the quantity of product with higher coverage. However, I've been using 1 pump a day for around 4 days a week since I got this back in early September and I'd say I'm around 2/3 through.

Consistency:
It pumps out as a cream that feels light - it doesn't feel like a very rich, heavy cream feels when you've dispensed it from the container. It's not runnyt all like a thin lotion that will drip off your hand, or run down your fingertips and pool up where your fingers meet your palm.

Application:
This is very easy to spread. Although there are beads suspended in the cream, it doesn't feel grainy when blending. I use my fingertips to apply and really don't recommend a brush. Treat this more like a skincare item rather than a foundation. I pump it out onto the pad of my middle finger, dot it around my face and then start massaging it in circular motions like I would a moisturiser. This gets the product evenly dispersed around my face. Once I feel it start to drag (because it is soaking in), I blend in straight lines from the inside to the outside of my face, then pat (stipple) all over to remove any streaks. This does tend to catch on dry patches and flakes, so moisturise those areas before applying this.

Coverage:
Very very sheer. I was not disappointed here as I read enough reviews online to know that coverage is not this product's strong point. I have fair skin with a mix of light and dark freckles, a little redness around my nose, some red marks from past blemishes and slight undereye circles. This does not cover any of my freckles, but it does slightly cover my redness and undereye circles. Someone with almost clear skin could wear this alone, moderately problematic skin could wear this with concealer over trouble spots, and very problematic skin would need a foundation or BB Cream on top for any coverage.

Finish:
The finish can be different depending on application method. When applied like I have above (spread just enough to evenly coat the skin, then patted to finish), the finish is a natural satin (closer to dewy than matte). The skin has a very slight sheen but isn't shiny to the point of looking dewy or oily. Fine lines around my eyes are blurred, and the visible pores on either side of my nose (they aren't deep craters, just pinpricks) are smoothed over.

When applied by rubbing in circular motions until it cannot be spread around anymore, the finish can be a natural matte (more matte than dewy). It still fills in fine lines and pores, but when up close it can look a little powdery.

Having said that, when applied either way the product never fully dries and remains tacky. Powdering or layering a foundation that actually dries on top is a must.

Scent:
Upon application, the scent is quite fresh and powdery. But throughout the day, I get a whiff here and there that smells like rubber. Yuck.

Colour:
A very sheer but obviously pink toned light beige. It is the same colour beige as my face, but I like to match my base products to my neck which is paler and neutral toned. This doesn't brighten my skin, but I think that's because I am pale and the pink undertone in this doesn't suit me. I imagine someone who is slightly darker and more yellow than me would look brightened up by this product.

Wear:
We've had a weird Spring & Summer here so I've experienced the wear time & effect in both hot and cold weather. I don't have extremely oily skin and usually I only get shiny on my chin throughout the day.

On hot days (if I haven't powdered after application) it oxidises into an orangey beige colour throughout the day and by the end of the day I am shiny all over. If I have powdered after application, I still get shiny but by the end of the day I look dewy, not oily. The product does oxidise slightly, but nowhere near as much as if I've worn it without powder.

On cold days, it doesn't oxidise at all but I still get shiny all over as the day progresses and end up looking dewy.

Regardless of weather, when I remove it at night, my skin feels very soft and hydrated. Although I've walked around with all this hydration and oil on my face, I do not have any new pimples. It has not caused me to break out, but it hasn't healed any existing small blemishes I have either.

OVERALL:
This is a nicely hydrating product, which is more like a tinted moisturiser with SPF. I recommend it as a primer for a powder foundation or matte finish liquid foundation, or for someone with normal to combination skin. I do not recommend it be worn alone. Oilier skin might find it too hydrating, unless using a drying product on top (powder or matte finish liquid foundation). Dry skins might like it with a layer of moisturis

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this CC cream as a base for my bb cream. This is good as a base. Not good for replacing bb or foundation cos this absolutely have no coverage at all. But it have more skincare benefits den a bb cream.. and it corrects my skin tone and discolorations. This is more like a skincare products den a cosmetic. It is called Correct and Care cream for a reason. So, it isn't about coverage. HOWEVER, I will not purchase it.( I received samples but didn't bought it.) this is because I have a primer tt works same way as this CC cream or maybe even better. This, I would labelled it as redundant. I would prefer a primer cos it not just corrects my skin tone and discolouration, it helps my make up to last longer and IT IS CHEAPER. hahaha. not tt this is very expensive but my sweet recipe peach choux primer is cheaper. As to the SPF, it is even more useless to me. My Missha perfect cover BB cream has SPF 42+++ and my Etude house Any Cushion has SPF 50 so since the SPF numbers cannot be add up, but only the one with the highest SPF have effect in protecting my skin. That little SPF30=NOTHING. But I got to say, Etude packaging is always good. Expecially the Any Cushion. Travel friendly and it is easy to touch ups!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by lalyastarpop

i love etude's bb creams so i was really excited about this new product but it was such a disappointment :(

absolutely NO coverage, leaves a grayish white cast on skin, feels a little dry compared to the bb creams.

it doesn't do anything to cover up blemishes/hyperpigmentations.

not worth the money. I'm just sticking to the old good bb cream which i love.