December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - hope in a jar oil-free

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by elleyana90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an oil slick and it doesn't matter if I use a primer or not. Hence, the reason why I have NEVER moisturised my skin, Tried soooo many moisturisers but nothing works cause they ended up leaving me with more oil than I ever needd. However, I decided to change my routine and search for the perfect moisturiser for me. And I'm glad I have finally found it. The price is steep I admit, but it's worth every penny I have. I have never left it since and bought backups. This is my HG moisturiser, hence for those who has oily skin, try this product though the packaging can be improved. Should be done like those from Kate Somerville's moisturisers. It'll be more hygienic :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very light moisturizer that does not cause my combination skin to breakout. But it does not provide enough moisture to the normal to dry parts of my face. This might be nice for those with only oily skin though. I also think the price is kinda high for such a basic skin lotion. Also leaves a waxy feel on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am the pickiest person on this planet as far as face creams/gels. They either are mostly ALL too greasy for my combination skin , causing my pores to enlarge and breakouts to occur almost immediately. So I thread lightly when it comes to face creams and what not.

I love this hope in a jar oil-free, the smell is perfect and light. The texture is amazing, smooth. It glides on my face rather than making it like a greasy mess. My face looks great with this and it absorbs very quickly leaving the face moist.

I really was shocked by how great this was...now I am curious to try their regular hope in a jar without the oil-free. People who complain about the smell are absolutely the dumbest morons on this earth. It smells like nothing! No smell means no perfume!!!

Will purchase again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

After trying some Philosophy's products, I thought their entire range will be amazing therefore I purchased their moisturizer. In Singapore, Philosophy is quite expensive and this moisturizer costs $59. Thankfully, they had some credit card promotion and I bought it at half price, because I definitely wasted the entire tub.

Although it smells funny, I am still able to take the smell as long as the product works. This moisturizer doesn't seem to moisturize at all, and in fact my skin became really dry after that. I keep feeling tight on my cheeks like as if someone was pulling my face horizontally, it was a terrible feeling.

Didn't want to waste the product so I used it for at least a month but there wasn't any noticeable changes. Thankfully it did not break me out. I'm using Belif's moisturizer and it feels so much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

A nice, rich cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I am not trying to be mean with this product, but I am just being honest here.
I received the sample of this product on my July Bellabox. I know that Philosophy has created some of great products, and I thought this product too, but I was wrong. This product, did not work well on my skin.

This is a lightweight cream, does not feel heavy once applied. It absorbs quickly. It does give you a matte finish, which is good if you are having an oily skin. But for combination skin, you will find this cream does not moisturise enough your dry area.

What I feel after I finished the sample is, this cream does give you a matte finish on your oily area, but not moisturise enough or soothing enough your skin like the product claimed to. Even worse, I feel like my skin is so dry, very dry indeed after I applied this product. The smell of this product is horrible. I just could not stand it.

So if you are looking for a good oil free cream, I will not recommend this to you. But if you are insist, you may try the sample first to see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have a combination skin with oily t-zone, and over the years of trying to use products that will matte my skin, I have found out that the best thing is actually to give it enough moisture, especially during the night. By giving enough moisture, my skin does not overproduce oil in order to compensate for the dryness that mattifying products sometimes create. I usually use Dermologica's Active Moist during the night, but I decided to try something new when I saw this product on sale.

I really do not like this product, and thank heaven I was only using this by night. Because when I wake up, my face is all oily, which for me indicates that the product does not really penetrate the skin surface in order to give moisture. If I rub my skin after applying this product, I can feel a layer of this getting rubbed off. I have some dry areas around my mouth, and after using this moisturizer over a month, my skin started to break out in this area. I am suspecting it is because it does not get enough moisture, and because the product is heavily perfumed and has alcohol. It also contains salicylic acid, which is good for exfoliating dead skin. But I do not think it is good to apply something with salicylic acid every day. As far as I know (maybe I am wrong here), it is best to use products with salicylic acid only twice a week in order to exfoliate.

I am very disappointed with this product and will not repurchase. I am currently using the remainder of the product as moisturiser for my feet.