October 21, 2014 | 2087 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin- Fluid and Compact

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by chickeboom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried no 302 (recommended by the promoter) but it was too pinky for my NC35 (MAC) colour. I looked too made up. So I bought a 300 instead. The colour is perfect (with a beige undertone.) But I still do not like the heavy coverage though no doubt it makes my skin look flawless.
I also do not like the heavy feel on my face. I will stick to my Shiseido O60...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by sugarthepunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh how I love love love this product!! It gives as good coverage as Chanel DPF but not as cakey. I use it after Smashbox Photo Finish and it just goes on perfectly and I don't even have to use concealer anymore. For me, finding the right color is a bit tricky though. First I bought 301 that looks just right for my skin tone but when I actually put it on at home, it was too dark and also turned orange later. So I bought the 200 that even though it looks too light for my skin in the package but it's a perfect match when I put it on my face.
So if you are thinking about getting this powder and choosing between 2 shades, I recommend you go with the lighther one.
UPDATE: It has been 3 weeks since I started using this product and I still like it A LOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by innuendo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought both the liquid and compact foudnation.the liquid one is really dreadful!!i have extremely oily skin,but when i used this liquid foundation it caused my cheek flakiness,i couldn't believe it! and the scent is kinda over...but the compact is ok,not the best,but ok to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2004 4:13:00 AM More reviews by eimi

This is better than Chanel DPF Stila IPF, Stila Angel White! Firstly the texture is fantastic - it's so fine, it doesn't cake or flake, it only slightly clings to dry spots. Secondly, it looks a lot more natural than other powder foundations, probably because of the glow it gives to the right places. This compact actually makes me look younger!! (I'm late 20s). I got it in 200 at first and thought it turned a little dark over the day, so I got it in 100 and so far loving it. ++Edited++ I've used this for a week and the 100 is too light for my complexion. Will go back to Chanel DPF whitening compact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

This is definitely one of the best powder foundations out there. I don't know what I'd do without this compact. The quality and texture are totally spectacular, goes on perfectly smooth, gives a nice sheer to medium coverage and doesn't leave the face look covered up or powdery at all! Most powders tend to look more or less powdery around my nose area, but DiorSkin Compact looks like real skin on anywhere of my face, amazing. This is the best thing I like about it, it makes you look like you have the perfect natural skin (without foundation). Also, this powder foundation is luminous, makes the skin nice and radiant, also moisturizing for dry skin. I wouldn't suggest this for people with oily skin or people who live in hot and humid places. However, for someone like me who has dry skin and needs that glow instead of lifeless matte during winters, this is absolutely a must have! The delicate small blue case is also beautiful. I wish I could give this product a "6". EDIT: Change to 4 lipsticks because of the staying power. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2003 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Emily430

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in the minority here but this is horrible! This looks absolutley terrible on my face, it actually makes me look worse than I do before I apply it! I wore it out the other day and my friend actually asked me what was wrong with my skin! I have oily skin and it brought out flakes I didnt even know were there, not to mention the half cakey/shimmery finish, whats going on? For whoever this is working for I would love to know how to apply, I tried the sponge and a powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best powder foundations on the market. It's not only velvety and covers any and all flaws, but the color range is exceptional. I have number 202 and it totally disappears into my skin rendering my skin perfect!! I will definitely rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying to find a replacement for Studiofix, as I decided it was too dry and cakey. Diorskin compact was the first on my list, but I balked at the $40 pricetag on Sephora, and managed to find a brand new one on eBay for $17. I got the lightest shade, 100. The first time I used it, I wasn't too thrilled. It smelled nauseating and didn't seem to cover much. Plus, it looks sparkly in the pan. I was also put off by how the sponge just sits on top of the powder.
Anyhow, the next day I tried again and liked it more, even though it didn't cover the monster hormonal pimples on my chin as well as SF does. It evens out my skin tone and seems to brighten (probably the sparkles). I can ignore the smell. The texture is very smooth and velvety, and does not cake up, feel dry, or turn orange on me. It's not the best and not the worst, and I am off to try...Aveda Dual Base, Body & Soul 2-in-1, Stila IPF, and anything else I can dig up. LOL.
UPDATE: I have decided that this does not offer enough coverage for me, and I find myself still reaching for my StudioFix most often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2003 3:09:00 AM More reviews by catherine2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

this compo work fantasticly together!!!@#$%^&* leaves a slightly dewy affect while giving a matt look. confused? sorry i couldn't work out another way to write it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Beautifool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

well...i can say that this is a good powder foundation i love the texture of it but oh well...once i applied on my face it wasnt that good as i expected! and even worse during the day cuz the color changed to orange and it wasted my time and money using a lot of oil blotters since it happended to make my oily skin became worse
i wont buy this product again at least not for me!