April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick - Berry Bliss

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I read the instructions on how to best apply this product, something I rarely do with lipsticks because I'd like to think I'm pretty competent... anyway, it said to apply it on the bottom of your lip and then press your lips. This makes sense because this way the color distributes evenly.

I gotta say, I love the color! It's been living in my purse since I purchased it about 3 months ago and it's my go to for a "just bitten" lip look. Super moisturizing and my boyfriend has even complemented on how pretty it looks which is a shock because he NEVER notices these things!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jaclyngravesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROs:
feels very silky and is very moisturizing
color wrapped in outer core of argan oil.
gloss, lip treatment, lipstain all in one
long wear (about 2 hours)

CON:
the color is only in the center of the lipstick, so to get the perfect application I apply it just a little bit above my lipline for the color to get to the edges...
BUT.... this means that the color is buildable, so you can apply it on the edges for a clear gloss on your lips, and then apply it as you normally would a lipstick to add a little bit of color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

Pros: the color (Berry Bliss) is beautiful. Lipstick smells and tastes pleasant. Formula is softening and moisturizing though not as rich as I'd hope. All natural. It has decent staying power--it's nowhere near long-wearing, but I can get a couple of hours out of it before I have to touch it up.

Cons: the design. This is THE biggest drawback to this lipstick. The color is centered with an outer layer of clear hydrating ingredients. Yes, switching it up so the moisturizers are on the outside and the color on the inside looks exceptionally pretty, and is definitely what is not usually done (moisturizing core in the middle of the color). But you know what--there's a reason why what's usually done is usually done: try applying Josie's lipstick straight from the tube. It's impossible to apply the color precisely to the lip line--it falls short. I either have to smooth it with my finger or use a brush in order to get an even, defined lip.

So nice product, very poor delivery. I'd probably buy it again because I like the formula, but having to always have a brush with me is a major downer.