July 31, 2014 | 1964 users online

Polishes - Essie - Naughty Nautical

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Mcesaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is a teal (almost green at times) with a little glitter/shine to it. Not overwhelming though. I get compliments on it and it applies pretty smoothly. Takes 2 coats and dries pretty fast. A definite summer must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous bright turquoise polish with shimmer. It was opaque in two coats, dry time was fast, and wear time is comparable to my other Essies--it lasted about a week without chipping (using my Revlon Colorstay gel-smooth base coat).
I love the design of Essie bottles because they fit nicely in my square plastic boxes I use for storage. I also really like the smaller brush for more precise application; I don't feel like I flood my cuticles or get as much polish on the side of my nails as I do with a larger brush.
Winner all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Haleys18

I cannot say enough good things about this polish! I love the color. It has little bits of shimmer that are occasionally noticeable that really give it that extra oomph. It is opaque really after two coats, but I like doing a third anyway. This color seems to last a week or more on my nails with various topcoats and basecoats paired with it. This is my favorite essie nailpolish I currently own. I will repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by samantha0918

This color is probably one of my favorites. What I love most about it is how opaque it is. Most Essie colors need like 5 coats but this creamy diamond only needs 2 coats. The shimmer a nice touch to the actual color. This color like most Essie nail polishes can be pricey, I got mine at a beauty supply store and paid $6 for it but it is sold at drugstores for a little over $8. Unlike some Essie color this is well worth $8. The only issue I had with this color is it stains your nails if you do not use a base coat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Naughty Nautical caught my attention because I lemming after everything and all things that fall into the color category of "blue-green". Naughty Nautical is a saturated teal with a smidge of silver microglitter mixed in, perfect for summer or for anyone like myself who is obsessed with blue-greens. I found that NN applies nicely and lasts for a while, but upon removal it stained my nails an algae green color that didn't want to come off with even with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda scrubs. I've also noticed that this polish has started separating already, despite only being a month and a half in my possession. I love the color and how it wears, but I wish it didn't stain and I'm hoping that the formula doesn't deteriorate quickly as the color continues to separate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is beautiful color, looks really nice on toes (for summer).
But let me tell you, this picture posted is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Calumae

One of my favourite Essie polishes (and possibly out of my whole collection, not just Essie)! I absolutely love the colour and it's durability. I find Essie cremes generally last on my nails a lot longer than OPI does, and their colours are more vibrant and fun as well. :)

It's an awesome teal with a hint of sparkle!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

This is easily my favorite Essie polish out of my collection of about 50 or so. The color is absolutely gorgeous on every skin tone I've seen it on and I'm crossing my fingers that it becomes part of the permanent line. I paid $8.99 (CAD) for it at Walmart, which is typical of Essie polishes. Usually I regret paying that much, but this one is well worth it. I've never reapplied the same color more than twice in a row on my nails, but this one has been on my nails for about three weeks now. The formulation is beautiful. It's thinner than most Essie polishes, so it goes on very smooth, without many streaks. And it also dries faster. That being said, the thin formula doesn't affect the opacity. Two coats and it's opaque. Which is the best thing I can ask for with any nail polish. There is a very slight shimmer to the polish, but it's almost undetectable when applied. It's a very similar, if not the same, shimmer that is in Bikini So Teeny (which is my second favorite Essie polish for all the same reasons). So if you're looking for an obvious sheen, this isn't the polish to achieve that. In terms of wear, it's also the best I've found so far with Essie and just polishes in general. My nails are very flexible and aren't very hard, so as soon as my nail gets bent, the polish flakes off. So I never have high expectations in terms of wear. I'm used to polishes chipping always after a day and a half. But this one holds up for days at a time for me with my Revlon Colorstay base coat and top coat. So overall I've incredibly impressed with this polish and will be repurchasing it if it becomes available again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by aligator

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with this color!!! I have been using it almost every time I do my nails.. One week on my fingers, one week on my toes! It's an amazing turquoise teal color with slight and almost unnoticeable silver shimmer. I get compliments everytime I wear it!! It only takes me 2 coats until it's opaque. The perfect color for summer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

This is my favorite nail polish! I love Essie and this color is just AMAZING! It's a teal green with silver sparkles. The formula is pretty opaque, and it's just the perfect color for summer, and it suits even my pale skin. I love it! I would most definitely repurchase, and I've been reapplying it on my fingers AND toes, which is a rare event for someone like me! 5 stars, even though Essie is a bit expensive for me.