January 30, 2015 | 2093 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:23:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do I think these are absolutely perfect? No. But I am a really big fan.

I have this (and have only used this) in Tiramisu, which is described a brown. It's matte. I have very fair skin and blue eyes and I love this over black to define the eye and put on the waterline for a softer look.

It stays on my waterline very well and what draws me to these pencils are the unbeatable color selection and price. I like drugstore liners from NYX, L'Oreal and Jane but those prices are creeping up and cannot rival Sephora's color selection.

I think my biggest complaints are A) it's very difficult to take off. I have to scrub at my lower lash line to remove it all the way which is a pain and (B) it's a stubborn formula that sets quickly so it's difficult to smudge out or diffuse for a softer look.

But if you value longevity and dependability, I highly recommend these.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lilacdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product given the great reviews, but it fell terribly short for me. Despite the waterproof label, it smudged like crazy on my waterline, and what was left had all but vanished within a few hours' wear. I do have fairly watery eyes, but cheaper liners have held up considerably better. For reference, I bought the color 'black lace'.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by crystallw

I have this in the colour my boyfriends jeans (29) and I love it. The colour is great and it stays all day without smudging. I also use this on my waterline sometimes, and it holds true to being waterproof and it lasts long as long as I don't accidentally rub my eyes. One problem I do have with it however is that it's hard to sharpen!
Overall, great product and I would definetley repurchase and try different colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was quite happy with this. It slides on easy. Lasts quite long and is waterproof as advertised. I have already repurchased.

I have left the ingredient list above as a photo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is the one product I keep on buying...in different colours. There are 35 shades and I think till date I have used 7 of the shades and received 5 more in the mail today. I love the colour selection they have. Urban decay too has a large variety in my country but its about 2-3 times the price. In Malaysia, sephora carries these and it costs about USD 9 per liner which is amazing. Its even cheaper than loreal and revlon here with a much better colour selection.
It definitely is long wearing and doesnt smudge on my oily lids, even without a primer. Only time I have noticed smudging is on my right upper eyelid as the lid space is small and if I make a thick line, it smudges onto my brow bone.
I use it as eyeliner, never used it as a base thought I am sure they would work beautifully. I use the bright colours either on my lower lash line as a pop of colour with neutral eyeshadow on my lids. The other way I love using the bright colour is making a thick line on my upper lash line with a thinner black line on top of it so only a little bit of the colour peeks out. This is a fantastic way to use colour on a daily basis, its easy and fast much faster than applying eyeshadow and yet give a madeup look. Loveee doing that.
Have the regular black and brown that works well on waterline or tightline without smudging.

I hope to own even more but for now i think 12 is a good range. A definite repurchase as long as they keep making them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Review for 17 Snakeskin Dress

Love it!! I went into Sephora with no make up on at all and asked the sales man (yes, man) to recommend some everyday makeup for me that's just slightly more edgy than brown and black. I am totally wrapped with what he suggested!

One of the items he recommended and applied on me was the Sephora waterproof eyeliner in 17 Snakeskin Dress. It's a beautiful gold with almost a green/olive twist to it. With neutral eyeshadow and applied lightly this passes for everyday wear, then at night time just apply a couple more swipes and line the lower lashes and you've got a dramatic eye instantly.

This is definitely waterproof and you'll need eye makeup remover to remove it.

This really makes my green eyes look even more green!

I bought this at the same time as an Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner and I much prefer the Sephora brand, and it was a lot cheaper than UD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by monvai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good value, goes on creamy and lots of variety of colours. As good as the MAC eyeliners in my opinion. Won't get the MAC ones again if these are still around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tiramisu--brown

Pros:
--price $10
--smooth
--lasts
--tons of other colors

Cons:
--can't think of any

Summary: This works as well as--or better--than Urban Decay. I will buy this again. I have brown and black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I have this pencil in My boyfriend's Jeans love this dark blue Navy/Sapphire color. Goes on smooth and holds up pretty well in my waterline even with my allergy eyes that can make short work of most pencils. Smudged around my eyes once it sets it doesn't budge. I love it on my lower lash line for that reason. I may try a couple of the other colors. They are more expensive than my NYX and the Rimmel pencils but if I'm looking for a color that isn't carried in those I will look to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have this pencil in Summer Cruise. I am on the fence about this pencil because despite being "waterproof," the color transfers to my upper lid during the day. I think that there are better pencils with longer staying power. The color itself is very bright and fun. I just wish it would not transfer.