Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

refer also to the picture.INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Synthetic Wax,Mica, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phytosterols, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

on 8/13/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have hooded, oily eyelids so finding an eyeliner that doesn't smudge is important to me. I never had much luck with pencil eyeliners due to the fact that they fade, smudge or disappear on my lids. Also I stopped bothering to line my waterline because of it! I bought this because it claims to be waterproof and it is cheaper than the other pencil liners in the store. When I swatched it on my hand, I was initially impressed as it came out pigmented and it didn't rub off with my finger. I went ahead and bought this is Tiramisu (matte dark brown) for about 12 dollars. I used this to create a smudged smokey eyeliner look I like to wear when I'm feeling low maintenance with my makeup. First I used Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my eyelids and then I smudged this liner close to my upper lashline before setting it with a brown eyeshadow on top. My eye makeup tends to crease after 4 hours in heat so I looked in a mirror to see some of the liner has left this dried cakey residue at the ends of my eyes and around my under eyes. I recommend to not layer too much of this eyeliner because of its waxy formula will crumble around your eye no matter how good your eye primer is. I decided to stick with my liquid and gel/ cream liners to line my upper lashline instead. I would not repurchase this product.

on 5/29/2015 2:37:00 PM

I totally agree with the other reviews it's smears after in an hour or less onto my upper eyelid I have never had an eyeliner do this before I would like to take it back not sure if I can without a receipt, very unhappy with this product. Maybe using a blow dryer on the eyelids would seal it but I shouldn't have to do that and I shouldn't have to.

Eyes: Violet

This product is crap. It smears and the pencil is way too creamy. Not repurchasing

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in Sun Tan (true gold) and Tango Night (dark black/purple shimmer). The gold is AMAZING and is an exact dupe for Stila Smudge Stick in Koi, with longer staying power. Tango Night is a really nice subtle colour that still pulls purple without being really obvious. Both are amazing and for only $12!

on 3/6/2015 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Oh these eye liners make my day each and every day. They have a gel liner consistency but in a convenient pencil form and the range of colours is out of this world. In the US they work out as half the price of the gold standard Urban Decay liners and in Australia they are $13 at the Sydney store. A steal for such a high performing product.

Pros:
- great texture
- stays put unless you want it to disappear
- stunning colour range, my faves are Fifth Avenue, Tiramisu, Cookie Crunch and Cocoa
- range of finishes include matte and shimmer
- colour stays true all day

Cons:
- none really, I just have a gripe about Sephora's Australian store and its anaemic range of stock compared to global stores. It's so sad visiting it for my stash of these liners and not seeing all the lust worthy stuff that hits you in the face overseas. End of rant.

on 3/3/2015 12:40:00 AM

I got this in black lace. It transfers like crazy and melts all over my upper and lower eyelids. After only two hours I got a black line on my lower lid which looked absolutely terrible. Plus, it's creamy but still tugs at my skin. I don't know why it seems so much worse than what other people thought. Maybe I got mine from a bad batch?

on 2/14/2015 2:07:00 PM

I have these in 2 colors and both are terrible! They do not show up on my eyes and smear everywhere. What's worse they burn my eyes. I should have returned them when I could. I'll never buy again! Avon glimmer sticks are way better and are $5.00!

on 2/11/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying countless eyeliners, in search of something that stays up put on my watery, allergy eyes,my search is over. I used urban decays 24/7 pencil for years, but this is stuff is even better. It definitely stays on longer. The color selection is pretty good, and the color pay-off is great! I'm finding some of sephoras brand of products to be dupes of higher-end brands.

on 2/9/2015 6:33:00 PM

I own this in black lace.This pencil feels creamy when applied and gives an intense line which can easily be formed into a smoky eye or a cat eye.The colour lasts all day on the lid but only a few hours on the waterline. On rather sweaty days it bleeds a little in my crow's feet. I think using an oily concealer may cause a bit smudging too. It is truly waterproof though; I have swam sporting a cat eye by this eyeliner in a pool and in the sea and it stayed intact. This also means it is a hard to totally remove so I try to use it only when I actually need waterproof make up. For everyday use I prefer using wet eyeshadow as eyeliner to this.

on 1/11/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Do I think these are absolutely perfect? No. But I am a really big fan.

I have this (and have only used this) in Tiramisu, which is described a brown. It's matte. I have very fair skin and blue eyes and I love this over black to define the eye and put on the waterline for a softer look.

It stays on my waterline very well and what draws me to these pencils are the unbeatable color selection and price. I like drugstore liners from NYX, L'Oreal and Jane but those prices are creeping up and cannot rival Sephora's color selection.

I think my biggest complaints are A) it's very difficult to take off. I have to scrub at my lower lash line to remove it all the way which is a pain and (B) it's a stubborn formula that sets quickly so it's difficult to smudge out or diffuse for a softer look.

But if you value longevity and dependability, I highly recommend these.