Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

4.1

refer to the image for the list.

Eyes: Violet

This product is crap. It smears and the pencil is way too creamy. Not repurchasing

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in Sun Tan (true gold) and Tango Night (dark black/purple shimmer). The gold is AMAZING and is an exact dupe for Stila Smudge Stick in Koi, with longer staying power. Tango Night is a really nice subtle colour that still pulls purple without being really obvious. Both are amazing and for only $12!

on 3/6/2015 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Oh these eye liners make my day each and every day. They have a gel liner consistency but in a convenient pencil form and the range of colours is out of this world. In the US they work out as half the price of the gold standard Urban Decay liners and in Australia they are $13 at the Sydney store. A steal for such a high performing product.

Pros:
- great texture
- stays put unless you want it to disappear
- stunning colour range, my faves are Fifth Avenue, Tiramisu, Cookie Crunch and Cocoa
- range of finishes include matte and shimmer
- colour stays true all day

Cons:
- none really, I just have a gripe about Sephora's Australian store and its anaemic range of stock compared to global stores. It's so sad visiting it for my stash of these liners and not seeing all the lust worthy stuff that hits you in the face overseas. End of rant.

on 3/3/2015 12:40:00 AM

I got this in black lace. It transfers like crazy and melts all over my upper and lower eyelids. After only two hours I got a black line on my lower lid which looked absolutely terrible. Plus, it's creamy but still tugs at my skin. I don't know why it seems so much worse than what other people thought. Maybe I got mine from a bad batch?

on 2/14/2015 2:07:00 PM

This liner is not water proof. They smear everywhere after a few hours. They are the worst and not worth the 10$ price at all. I'm disappointed I bought these liners instead of a drugstore brand. The drugstore brands are better. The copper brown color barely shows up. I stand there going over and over my kid and it comes out a smeary mess. Bad just bad.

on 2/11/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying countless eyeliners, in search of something that stays up put on my watery, allergy eyes,my search is over. I used urban decays 24/7 pencil for years, but this is stuff is even better. It definitely stays on longer. The color selection is pretty good, and the color pay-off is great! I'm finding some of sephoras brand of products to be dupes of higher-end brands.

on 2/9/2015 6:33:00 PM

I own this in black lace.This pencil feels creamy when applied and gives an intense line which can easily be formed into a smoky eye or a cat eye.The colour lasts all day on the lid but only a few hours on the waterline. On rather sweaty days it bleeds a little in my crow's feet. I think using an oily concealer may cause a bit smudging too. It is truly waterproof though; I have swam sporting a cat eye by this eyeliner in a pool and in the sea and it stayed intact. This also means it is a hard to totally remove so I try to use it only when I actually need waterproof make up. For everyday use I prefer using wet eyeshadow as eyeliner to this.

on 1/11/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Do I think these are absolutely perfect? No. But I am a really big fan.

I have this (and have only used this) in Tiramisu, which is described a brown. It's matte. I have very fair skin and blue eyes and I love this over black to define the eye and put on the waterline for a softer look.

It stays on my waterline very well and what draws me to these pencils are the unbeatable color selection and price. I like drugstore liners from NYX, L'Oreal and Jane but those prices are creeping up and cannot rival Sephora's color selection.

I think my biggest complaints are A) it's very difficult to take off. I have to scrub at my lower lash line to remove it all the way which is a pain and (B) it's a stubborn formula that sets quickly so it's difficult to smudge out or diffuse for a softer look.

But if you value longevity and dependability, I highly recommend these.

on 10/1/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product given the great reviews, but it fell terribly short for me. Despite the waterproof label, it smudged like crazy on my waterline, and what was left had all but vanished within a few hours' wear. I do have fairly watery eyes, but cheaper liners have held up considerably better. For reference, I bought the color 'black lace'.

on 9/21/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this in the colour my boyfriends jeans (29) and I love it. The colour is great and it stays all day without smudging. I also use this on my waterline sometimes, and it holds true to being waterproof and it lasts long as long as I don't accidentally rub my eyes. One problem I do have with it however is that it's hard to sharpen!
Overall, great product and I would definetley repurchase and try different colours.