September 19, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was quite happy with this. It slides on easy. Lasts quite long and is waterproof as advertised. I have already repurchased.

I have left the ingredient list above as a photo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is the one product I keep on buying...in different colours. There are 35 shades and I think till date I have used 7 of the shades and received 5 more in the mail today. I love the colour selection they have. Urban decay too has a large variety in my country but its about 2-3 times the price. In Malaysia, sephora carries these and it costs about USD 9 per liner which is amazing. Its even cheaper than loreal and revlon here with a much better colour selection.
It definitely is long wearing and doesnt smudge on my oily lids, even without a primer. Only time I have noticed smudging is on my right upper eyelid as the lid space is small and if I make a thick line, it smudges onto my brow bone.
I use it as eyeliner, never used it as a base thought I am sure they would work beautifully. I use the bright colours either on my lower lash line as a pop of colour with neutral eyeshadow on my lids. The other way I love using the bright colour is making a thick line on my upper lash line with a thinner black line on top of it so only a little bit of the colour peeks out. This is a fantastic way to use colour on a daily basis, its easy and fast much faster than applying eyeshadow and yet give a madeup look. Loveee doing that.
Have the regular black and brown that works well on waterline or tightline without smudging.

I hope to own even more but for now i think 12 is a good range. A definite repurchase as long as they keep making them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Review for 17 Snakeskin Dress

Love it!! I went into Sephora with no make up on at all and asked the sales man (yes, man) to recommend some everyday makeup for me that's just slightly more edgy than brown and black. I am totally wrapped with what he suggested!

One of the items he recommended and applied on me was the Sephora waterproof eyeliner in 17 Snakeskin Dress. It's a beautiful gold with almost a green/olive twist to it. With neutral eyeshadow and applied lightly this passes for everyday wear, then at night time just apply a couple more swipes and line the lower lashes and you've got a dramatic eye instantly.

This is definitely waterproof and you'll need eye makeup remover to remove it.

This really makes my green eyes look even more green!

I bought this at the same time as an Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner and I much prefer the Sephora brand, and it was a lot cheaper than UD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by monvai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good value, goes on creamy and lots of variety of colours. As good as the MAC eyeliners in my opinion. Won't get the MAC ones again if these are still around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tiramisu--brown

Pros:
--price $10
--smooth
--lasts
--tons of other colors

Cons:
--can't think of any

Summary: This works as well as--or better--than Urban Decay. I will buy this again. I have brown and black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I have this pencil in My boyfriend's Jeans love this dark blue Navy/Sapphire color. Goes on smooth and holds up pretty well in my waterline even with my allergy eyes that can make short work of most pencils. Smudged around my eyes once it sets it doesn't budge. I love it on my lower lash line for that reason. I may try a couple of the other colors. They are more expensive than my NYX and the Rimmel pencils but if I'm looking for a color that isn't carried in those I will look to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have this pencil in Summer Cruise. I am on the fence about this pencil because despite being "waterproof," the color transfers to my upper lid during the day. I think that there are better pencils with longer staying power. The color itself is very bright and fun. I just wish it would not transfer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this line!! I can't believe I'm just now doing a review because Sephora's Waterproof Contour Eye Pencils have been my go-to product line for eye liners since they first came out and is always the first place I look when I need a new eyeliner. I was a fan and user of their old "Flashy" liners, and as far as I can tell these have the same formula as those but with a much broader color selection. These are of a comparable quality and texture to the UD 24/7 liners but at half the price. The color selection is just as broad as UD's too. There are 35 shades that covers everything from conservative neutral shades, to dark vampy colors, and to off-beat brights like hot pink and yellow. No matter what your taste in makeup is, there's something here for you. I own these in the shades Cocoa (a deep bronze-y brown), Snake Skin Dress (medium metallic olive), Cookie Crunch (muted golden brown), Flirting Game (shimmery taupe) and Sailor Suit (blackened navy).

These pencils are very creamy and pigmented. They apply beautifully without skipping or tugging. Calling them waterproof is a bit of a stretch, as while I haven't had any problems wearing these on rainy days I doubt they'd stand up through a shower or swim. They do live up to the 12 hours claim though. After they set (which takes maybe a minute or so after application) these stay completely smudge-free on me for a least 8 hours before looking a bit soft and smudge-prone. The color stays strong for at least another 4-5 hours beyond that. That's about the same experience I have with UD's 24/7 pencils.

Packaging wise, these are standard wooden pencils that require regular sharpening. Some people hate pencils that don't twist up, but I don't mind so much for liners. I find it difficult to get fine points with retractable pencils anyway. All pencils in this line have black exteriors with colored end caps that display the shade.

If you haven't tried these already, you must give them a go! These are perfect for people who want gel-style pencils at budget prices but are still willing to pay a little extra than they might at the drug store in order to have a greater variety of color options.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Found my HG Eyeliner! Was recommended this at Sephora and haven't looked back. At $9 it's an amazing deal for such a long lasting, beautifully pigmented product.

Packaging: Standard eye pencil packaging that requires a sharpener. Ends of the pencil are color coordinated so you can pick out the color very easily.

Product: Glides on beautiful with no tugging. Creamy and soft for blending then it dries and doesn't budge. Color lasts all day even through heat and working out. The colors I have...

Love Affair: Very slight metallic Plum. Gorgeous color that blends out well as an eyeshadow as well

Cocoa: Chocolate brown with coppery finish. Also blends out well as an eyeshadow.

On quick days I smear this all over an eyeshadow blending brush and blend onto my lid for a quick, smoky eye look. Color stays put with minor creasing at the end of the day. Color doesn't budge with UD primer potion.

Would definitely recommend these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy cannoli! I just picked this liner up in the shades "Driving in Malaysia" (black-green) and "Tango Night" (black-purple) and I'm already completely blown away!
First off, I swatched DiM next to Tarte's SmolderEyes shadow crayon in Golden Black and the color was a spot-on dupe. The only major differences are that DiM has more of a glittery finish (which I prefer) so the golden green flecks show more, and DiM set very quickly and became extraordinarily budge proof, whereas the Tarte crayon wiped off after three minutes of setting time with a gentle swipe of a cotton pad.
These pencils from Sephora set very quickly, so if you plan on smudging them out, a good plan of attack would be to apply and smudge each eye one at a time, rather than applying to both eyes and then trying to smudge after the fact. They do smudge very easily before they set, and they apply very creamily and do not tug AT ALL. I imagine they will work very well as a shadow if I apply all over the lid and then quickly blend it out with my finger (which is why I bought them).
I'm currently wearing DiM paired with Sephora's Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in Khaki Glitter and it's the perfect combo. DiM is darker and less foil-like, but it creates a gorgeous contrast.
As far as the colors and how they appear when swatched and blended - DiM comes off quite dark, almost black with fine greenish-gold glitter. (Think NARS Soft Touch pencil in Aigle Noir without the horrible creasing.) TN has a black base laced with fine, rich purple glitter. This one is extremely unique. I cannot for the life of me think of a possible dupe. There are tons of blackened purple glittery liners out there, but this one really stands out.
I do wish these were twist-up rather than needing to be sharpened, but they are fairly inexpensive at $9 for a rather long pencil, so I don't imagine I'll need to replace them anytime soon, regardless of the small amount that will be wasted by sharpening. However, in spite of how creamy these apply, the liner itself is quite sturdy and doesn't feel like it will smash down to a nub after tightlining the way a lot of creamy, waterproof liners tend to do. I'm actually thinking of picking up the matte black one because of this.
I've not yet worn this for an adequate enough amount of time to give an honest thought on the wear time, but if my experience trying to remove it with a dry cotton pad at Sephora is any indication, I reckon this will wear for quite a while before fading. They come off fairly easily with eye makeup remover. A little elbow grease is required, but they are waterproof. That's to be expected.
Overall, I love love LOVE these liners and can't wait to pick up more shades, since there is a multitude of interesting colors to choose from!