Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush - Rose

2.8

As with my other PF reviews, I bought this product because I need talc free which is hard to find in Europe. I'd heard good things about PF and was attracted by the cute packaging so I decided to try this one. It's ok, but I'll never buy it again.

For the positives, I actually do like the packaging. Cute and convenient. The color is pretty nice too, although I've come to the conclusion that I prefer matte blush. It could just be personal preference, but I feel like this blush with all its shimmer makes me look childish.

Now for the negative. Very similar to the PF bronzers, this product is barely pigmented at all. You really have to layer it on. Sometimes when I'm getting ready my husband will say "You should put on blush" AFTER I've already applied this blush 2 or 3 times on each cheek. That's how much it barely shows up! Another thing I've noticed is this blush doesn't apply well. Usually with blushes I can apply them exactly where I want them - apples of cheeks for pinky blushes and higher up on the cheekbone for darker blushes. But this blush seems to just go everywhere. Instead of having blush on the apples of my cheeks, it's like the whole side of my face is pink and covered in glitter. Not cute.

on 4/15/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I absolutely hate this blush. It looks like I have to two patches of shimmery silly putty on my cheeks. I will return it asap and won't even bother to give it a second try. It was that bad. I will add that I prefer peachy pink blushes matte blushes. This looked like sort of a dull mauve with an odd shimmer. I thought the texture of my skin where I applied it looked dry and dull, too.

on 4/7/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Right now, this is my current HG blush. I'd always been kind of repelled by the packaging for this blush even though everybody else thinks it's adorable, I find it a little over the top. I could do without the silly shoe charm dangling from the bow (I'll probably snip it off at some point, I'm near 100% sure this isn't going back to CVS). I recently ditched the Nude Wear blush PF makes because although the shade I purchased it in, Natural, is like, THE perfect peachy-pink-coral, I have come to the conclusion that I just hate matte blushes. File under "You Don't Know What You Got 'Til It's Gone". I guess all my previous blushes have had some kind of shimmer to them and it really does bring something to the party.

Alrighty---back to Sexy Glow. I purchased it in the shade "Rose" because I kept reading in reviews that the color payoff for "Natural" was pretty much non-existent. The main background shade of Rose is a fairly warm pink and the center shoe shade is what adds the deeper pink to the mix. Swirled together, they create a gorgeous, natural, rosy flush; add a little bit of bronzer across the tops of your cheekbones and, boom: Hello, VS model, not-so-innocent flush! Plus, this has the most dreamy vanilla scent---my face smells AMAZING. I know that sounds weird, but trust me, the scent is actually a really fun element of this product.

PF is all natural and I've never had anything they make break me out so don't worry about fragrance causing irritation. The shimmer this product has is less glittery, and more highlighter/inner glow type of sheen. I no longer think I need to invest in a cream highlighter. This seems to have a really decent staying power and I might only consider tossing it into my makeup bag on days where I plan to go out after work just to do a super quick touch-up.

I got mine on sale plus an ExtraCare Beauty Club Bucks coupon so I got a super good deal. As drugstore products go, PF is definitely on the pricier side but this one is worth it. Currently my go-to and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it. It's been in PF's line-up for a while even though it's kind of gimmicky. Hopefully it's a permanent addition because I HATE having to replace discontinued favorites.

on 2/3/2014 1:27:00 PM

OMG, the scent of this is sooooo nice. I smell vanilla, but my kids tell me my face smells like marshmallows. The color is subtle (depending on how much you layer it) and a bit shimmery. It is THE pink I was looking for. The packaging is super cute as well.

on 5/24/2013 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was on a hunt for a blush comparable to NARS blush in Orgasm, and I found it here. Love NARS but it is too expensive, this saves me some needed dollars and the result is very similar. The colour is subtle but effective, some shimmer but not juvenile but sexy. Here is the kicker - its scented! It smells like warm vanilla, even my fiancé noticed when giving me a kiss ;-) I know that may scare some people as they worry about it harming the skin to have it scented. However keep in mind Physicians Formula prides themselves on having products that are not harsh on skin. I have not had any break outs from using physicians formula whereas I do with MAC products.
I love it, you should try it.

Popular Blush Products