November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Pressed Powders - Hourglass - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It is a very pale yellow powder that comes with very very fine shimmer, that you can barely detect even on the back of your hand. When I bought this, I also bought the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 Clair. And between the two, this one is definitely heavier on the face. People can definitely tell you are wearing makeup, but in a good way. Even though it looks heavy, in pictures, it gives the most gorgeous plastic glow. Like your skin but - all bumps and blemishes + a surreal glow. I highly recommend this product. Below I have posted a video for the review and comparison between this one and the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 clair. I know when I was torn between these two I had a hard time deciding. So I decided to do a comparison myself. Feel free to check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder gives an airbrushed finish to my oily skin. The texture is light, not chalky. This color is nice for NC/NW 10-15 colors and is housed in a burnished bronze-colored case. It's pricy at $30+ dollars but a definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kassijade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There is definitely something magical about this powder. I use it as a finishing powder over my setting powder to ensure oil control and this stuff makes my makeup look brighter more soft focused, its very sheer and silky and leaves no shimmer just better looking skin, also it makes skin look awesome in pictures. I love that it is talc free so it is not drying or chalky feeling. One Con i can think of is that you will be addicted and want to try more colors. Diffused light i think universally would look good on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by scharvey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. I don't know how or why this works but it gives my face a subtle healthy looking glow. It's superfine, goes on nicely with a Stila 24 brush and doesn't clump or clog. I've only had it a week or so but it's shaping up as an HG for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by korean

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mdpereztch

I am 54 and have been on the quest for foundation and powder for my slightly dry and slight rosacea face with some pore enlargement. I have been at this one year now and finally found foundation (Armani Designer Lift Smoothing) that does not settle in my pores or wrinkles. Problem now was finding a setting powder that did not look caked or accentuate my wrinkles. I was using LM translucent setting powder but, it was accentuating my lines. Powder should not defeat the purpose of a lifting, glowy, moisturizing foundation.I wanted dewy finish but ,lasting all day power. Therefore, needed new setting powder. Tried Meteorites and no lasting power. I read about Hourglass Ambient powders and was surprised about the overwhelming positive reviews despite the price tag. Finally got to try the colors of Hourglass Ambient powders at Sephora, and settled on Diffused light for my complexion (light skinned latina with yellow undertones and red cheeks). It was amazing how well it blurred large pores and the redness is gone. Lasts all day without anymore than a light touch up over my nose at lunch. It really gives you beautiful skin without settling into lines with a nice glow. Controls a little oil over the nose without clinging to dry patches. I finally found a foundation setting powder combination that works for me. Really need to give this a try if you are on the fence.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by cwabby

For reference i'm NC42 skintone. I was worried that this would be too light for me. But it works beautifully on my skin. I use it as an all over powder. The yellowness of the powder really helps because my skin is super yellow toned and I didn't want a white cast.

This gives me a really soft blurred all over look. I also own Radiant light and this powder is much less glowy. It lives up to it's name - diffused light. It's looks like the light you'd get if you just woke up and were under the blankets with sun coming through. It's truly a diffused light. Love these powders to bits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There must be a record amount of these ambient powders sold from the YouTube hype alone - which by the way I was not going to buy into. Then I succumbed in a late night online shopping frenzy and bought one....ok I lie I bought three... and I don't regret it.

These powders are great. Diffused is my most used ambient powder as on my NC15 skin I can use this as a setting/finishing powder all over. This lightly yellow toned powder leaves me looking fresh and smooth skinned. It's not shimmery and sparkly but leaves a more healthy glow. It goes beautifully over so many liquid foundations I have tried it with.

I love that its not "powdery" and very easy to buff into the skin. My favourite ways to apply this powder are with a small fluffy brush, a larger fan brush or buffed in with a bigger flat top brush. It does need touching up on my normal/combo skin later in the day as I get a bit shiny in the T-zone, I like that this can be blotted and reapplied easily without that chalky more powder look going on.

If you are new to these and on the fence which one to go for I have the following comparisons:
Diffused Light - Can be used as setting/finishing powder - not sparkly more of a glow.

Ethereal Light - Lighter than Diffused, looks white but is more a light cream, great as a setting powder for NC15 - doesn't have as much of a glow as Diffused.

Luminous Light - Has a definite sparkle, better used as a highlight product, is a shade or more darker than Diffused, have tried this all over and was too dark on my NC15 skin and very shimmery/sparkly/un-natural looking.

I'm in NZ and found the cheapest place to buy this was Mecca Australia (especially if you are buying more than one item) - even with the shipping. .This place may be the best bet for Aussie girls too.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

I have been looking for a product to blur out my dark circles and I found what I was looking for in Diffused Light. With a little eye brightener concealer and this powder to set, by dark circles vanished. My eyes look bright and awake. Love this stuff, definitely won't leave the house without this on!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried other finishing powders, which is really what these are, and had always been "meh" about them. This stuff however is in my "use every day" drawer. I picked this one based on the description that it "reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity." I have uneven skin so that sounded appealing to me, and this is one product I didn't actually test in Sephora because I knew I'd need to play with it and figured I'd just take it back if I didn't like it (they have a GREAT return policy). I also bought the ambient lighting brush, which is a meh product, it's so soft and feels wonderful but I don't get any different results with my $6 ELF Kabuki brush when I play with application techniques.

To use I usually do use the brush just because I paid for it, and I will swirl it in the pan (the powder is very soft, one swirl is usually enough and then i can just brush it over the loose bits if I need more) and brush it lightly all over my face. Then my 2nd pace I do the areas that I've highlighed with Touche Eclat- top of cheekbones, brow bones, etc- and it looks like I have nothing on. I think a lot of bad reviews stem from this. The thing is, my skin looks beautiful and radiant, especially nice if foundation leaves you with a matte look. People won't think you are wearing makeup with this product but they will tell you your skin looks amazing. Worth every penny. I want it in more shades now to play with.

As for the staying power, earlier I was crying and dabbing my cheeks with a tissue. I had Dermablend Cover Cream, then Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion, and then this powder over the top. There was no makeup on my tissue. Not even the blush. This is a great finishing powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No