Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.5

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 2/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is a beautiful powder. It's very finely milled so you'll never get a powdery look, no matter how much you apply. It helps blur imperfections and lends a refined, softened look to skin.

It's a very pale yellow-tinted powder with no visible shimmer. I apply with a large duo fiber brush and buff it in softly. It also works well at toning down enthusiastic blush application.

The drawbacks: it is very expensive. It does not control oil at all as it is a finishing powder, not a setting powder.

I said I'd repurchase, but actually am undecided. I love how it makes my skin look, but it doesn't seem like an essential item for me. If you're on a budget, this is definitely a splurge rather than a staple product.

on 1/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've gone through one of these under a year. HOW, I do not know. I must have been excessive. I purchased this with the intent of having a 'glow', and of course, people say that this is the least shimmery of them all on the skin, which makes one wonder, 'did it have that sheen that you were looking for?'

It was perfect for an all-over powder, but I suppose for that purpose alone, I could purchase easily cheaper powders. I did not also garner any 'blurring' effect that everyone speaks of, but I also do have extensive large pores, and that may not be saved by any cosmetics at all.

But still, I adored the light glow it gave to my skin that is naturally dehydrated and a little barren looking. I also applied another layer or two on my cheekbones and where I highlighted, so I did use Diffused Light for two purposes. That alone, is the reason why I realized I finished through the powder so fast. I used it every single day and that is worthy investment enough than the other powders that laid ignored in my stash.

I have repurchased this, though I've also acquired the palette and ethereal light in the meantime, therefore I do not think I will eat through it quite as quickly, which makes me happy. I do love these powders terribly.

on 12/13/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I held out on the Ambient Lighting Powders for so long because of the price. I own this one as well as Ethereal Light. They are both pretty similar once they are on the skin. These powders provide such a beautiful glow to the skin without being glittery or too shimmery. They don't accentuate my pores at all. I feel like it helps to blur a little bit of the redness in my skin. Overall I feel like this is a must have in my collection going forward!

on 11/23/2014 9:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It is a very pale yellow powder that comes with very very fine shimmer, that you can barely detect even on the back of your hand. It comes in a handy and secure plastic compact that looks like metal. It is complete fragrance-less, which I really like. It sets makeup fine, but it offers no prolongation of foundation and no oil control, which is fine, as Hourglass did not promise such things. When I bought this, I also bought the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 Clair. And between the two, this one is definitely heavier on the face. People can definitely tell you are wearing makeup, but in a good way. Even though it looks heavy, in pictures, it gives the most gorgeous plastic glow. Like your skin but - all bumps and blemishes + a surreal glow. I highly recommend this product. Below I have posted a video for the review and comparison between this one and the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 clair. I know when I was torn between these two I had a hard time deciding. So I decided to do a comparison myself. Feel free to check it out!

on 10/31/2014 10:37:00 PM

This powder gives an airbrushed finish to my oily skin. The texture is light, not chalky. This color is nice for NC/NW 10-15 colors and is housed in a burnished bronze-colored case. It's pricy at $30+ dollars but a definite keeper.

on 9/25/2014 11:16:00 PM

There is definitely something magical about this powder. I use it as a finishing powder over my setting powder to ensure oil control and this stuff makes my makeup look brighter more soft focused, its very sheer and silky and leaves no shimmer just better looking skin, also it makes skin look awesome in pictures. I love that it is talc free so it is not drying or chalky feeling. One Con i can think of is that you will be addicted and want to try more colors. Diffused light i think universally would look good on anyone.

on 9/24/2014 7:40:00 PM

Love love love. I don't know how or why this works but it gives my face a subtle healthy looking glow. It's superfine, goes on nicely with a Stila 24 brush and doesn't clump or clog. I've only had it a week or so but it's shaping up as an HG for me

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

on 9/15/2014 9:09:00 PM

I am 54 and have been on the quest for foundation and powder for my slightly dry and slight rosacea face with some pore enlargement. I have been at this one year now and finally found foundation (Armani Designer Lift Smoothing) that does not settle in my pores or wrinkles. Problem now was finding a setting powder that did not look caked or accentuate my wrinkles. I was using LM translucent setting powder but, it was accentuating my lines. Powder should not defeat the purpose of a lifting, glowy, moisturizing foundation.I wanted dewy finish but ,lasting all day power. Therefore, needed new setting powder. Tried Meteorites and no lasting power. I read about Hourglass Ambient powders and was surprised about the overwhelming positive reviews despite the price tag. Finally got to try the colors of Hourglass Ambient powders at Sephora, and settled on Diffused light for my complexion (light skinned latina with yellow undertones and red cheeks). It was amazing how well it blurred large pores and the redness is gone. Lasts all day without anymore than a light touch up over my nose at lunch. It really gives you beautiful skin without settling into lines with a nice glow. Controls a little oil over the nose without clinging to dry patches. I finally found a foundation setting powder combination that works for me. Really need to give this a try if you are on the fence.

on 8/21/2014 1:17:00 AM

For reference i'm NC42 skintone. I was worried that this would be too light for me. But it works beautifully on my skin. I use it as an all over powder. The yellowness of the powder really helps because my skin is super yellow toned and I didn't want a white cast.

This gives me a really soft blurred all over look. I also own Radiant light and this powder is much less glowy. It lives up to it's name - diffused light. It's looks like the light you'd get if you just woke up and were under the blankets with sun coming through. It's truly a diffused light. Love these powders to bits.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Splurge? Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powders and Blushes! by MrKongsMom

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom

Recommended for Normal Skin