Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.4

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 4/12/2015 5:08:00 AM

This is one of my most terrifying purchases because if it didn’t work, if it didn’t do anything for me, I would’ve wasted so much money on a finishing powder. It's a non-essential item. But if you're seriously looking for a product to elevate an already great make-up look, I am happy to report that it's worth getting!

I could see a difference - my pores were further blurred and I seemed to look luminous. My cheeks were glowing that I kept touching them to check if they were oily. They weren’t!! They were just looking really smooth and dewy. And more importantly, someone else noticed too! A friend told me she especially liked how I looked that day but she couldn't put her finger on what was different. Also! I usually have to run my selfies through a smoothening filter but that's no longer the case with this powder. I’m ecstatic that Diffused Light does what it’s supposed to do - for me at least. But if you're looking for something obvious, this might not be for you.

I wish it could be cheaper because it's pricey for a finishing powder. However, there's relatively a ton of product in a compact so it'll last a while. Considering that, it's not too bad.

on 3/25/2015 9:51:00 AM

I am not a fan of this product. It photographs terrible. I attended three weddings over the past 6 months and was disappointed all 3 times that I used this. I was inclined to give it a 2nd and 3rd try, but my disappointment level was consistent. It goes on well and looks great -- in person, but the second I took a picture, my face looked terrible. So cakey and unflattering. I am a fan of Hourglass, but def NOT this product.

on 2/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is a beautiful powder. It's very finely milled so you'll never get a powdery look, no matter how much you apply. It helps blur imperfections and lends a refined, softened look to skin.

It's a very pale yellow-tinted powder with no visible shimmer. I apply with a large duo fiber brush and buff it in softly. It also works well at toning down enthusiastic blush application.

The drawbacks: it is very expensive. It does not control oil at all as it is a finishing powder, not a setting powder.

I said I'd repurchase, but actually am undecided. I love how it makes my skin look, but it doesn't seem like an essential item for me. If you're on a budget, this is definitely a splurge rather than a staple product.

on 1/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've gone through one of these under a year. HOW, I do not know. I must have been excessive. I purchased this with the intent of having a 'glow', and of course, people say that this is the least shimmery of them all on the skin, which makes one wonder, 'did it have that sheen that you were looking for?'

It was perfect for an all-over powder, but I suppose for that purpose alone, I could purchase easily cheaper powders. I did not also garner any 'blurring' effect that everyone speaks of, but I also do have extensive large pores, and that may not be saved by any cosmetics at all.

But still, I adored the light glow it gave to my skin that is naturally dehydrated and a little barren looking. I also applied another layer or two on my cheekbones and where I highlighted, so I did use Diffused Light for two purposes. That alone, is the reason why I realized I finished through the powder so fast. I used it every single day and that is worthy investment enough than the other powders that laid ignored in my stash.

I have repurchased this, though I've also acquired the palette and ethereal light in the meantime, therefore I do not think I will eat through it quite as quickly, which makes me happy. I do love these powders terribly.

on 12/13/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I held out on the Ambient Lighting Powders for so long because of the price. I own this one as well as Ethereal Light. They are both pretty similar once they are on the skin. These powders provide such a beautiful glow to the skin without being glittery or too shimmery. They don't accentuate my pores at all. I feel like it helps to blur a little bit of the redness in my skin. Overall I feel like this is a must have in my collection going forward!

on 11/23/2014 9:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It is a very pale yellow powder that comes with very very fine shimmer, that you can barely detect even on the back of your hand. It comes in a handy and secure plastic compact that looks like metal. It is complete fragrance-less, which I really like. It sets makeup fine, but it offers no prolongation of foundation and no oil control, which is fine, as Hourglass did not promise such things. When I bought this, I also bought the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 Clair. And between the two, this one is definitely heavier on the face. People can definitely tell you are wearing makeup, but in a good way. Even though it looks heavy, in pictures, it gives the most gorgeous plastic glow. Like your skin but - all bumps and blemishes + a surreal glow. I highly recommend this product. Below I have posted a video for the review and comparison between this one and the Guerlain Meteorites in 02 clair. I know when I was torn between these two I had a hard time deciding. So I decided to do a comparison myself. Feel free to check it out!

on 10/31/2014 10:37:00 PM

This powder gives an airbrushed finish to my oily skin. The texture is light, not chalky. This color is nice for NC/NW 10-15 colors and is housed in a burnished bronze-colored case. It's pricy at $30+ dollars but a definite keeper.

on 9/25/2014 11:16:00 PM

There is definitely something magical about this powder. I use it as a finishing powder over my setting powder to ensure oil control and this stuff makes my makeup look brighter more soft focused, its very sheer and silky and leaves no shimmer just better looking skin, also it makes skin look awesome in pictures. I love that it is talc free so it is not drying or chalky feeling. One Con i can think of is that you will be addicted and want to try more colors. Diffused light i think universally would look good on anyone.

on 9/24/2014 7:40:00 PM

Love love love. I don't know how or why this works but it gives my face a subtle healthy looking glow. It's superfine, goes on nicely with a Stila 24 brush and doesn't clump or clog. I've only had it a week or so but it's shaping up as an HG for me

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Splurge? Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powders and Blushes! by MrKongsMom

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom

Recommended for Normal Skin