Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.4

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Tried this to see what the buzz was about. Buffed on with a brush over foundation, this gives me a very light pearly finish to my skin. I prefer not to do my t zone, but over the cheeks it's very pretty. I think it puts back what time took away!

the hype got me! diffused is a very useful ambient lighting powder. im nc 20 after much reading i decided to buy it as an all over finishing powder(so that i get the most use for the price) and i love it! it is finely milled at first i couldnt see a difference but after a couple of uses i do see the difference- a more diffused, blurred imperfections. it is very subtle but i do see a GLOW.
if u are around nc 20-25 try this out for a few days if u dont see a differnce just return it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I simply love this product. The powder is so finely milled and it gives such a great glow to the face.
I like to use it to set my under-eye concealer, but with a big fluffy brush it looks amazing all over the face.
It seems a little shimmery swatched, but on the face it just look like photoshop :-)

on 5/23/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Diffused Light is a beautiful off-white powder, when swatched on my hand the shimmer is apparent but applied with a fluffy powder brush on my skin it appears to soften without noticeable shimmer. This is a good choice for my light NW15 skin, it is transparent and light, but doesn't appear ashy. I use it on the weekends after applying sunscreen, and at other times as a finishing powder. It's a very subtle effect and I really like it. Beautiful compact with mirror in the lid. Will repurchase.

on 4/27/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I really enjoyed this product as it blurs out my imperfections (pores, blackheads and spots/pimpes).
When i swatched it at Mecca Cosmetica it looked very shimmery on my wrist but I bought 2 weeks later given the great reviews and I regretted not purchasing it sooner. Once applied on the face with a real techniques duo fibre brush/blush brush the shimmer is non-detectable, it just gives a healthy and radiant complexion even in the natural light.
BEWARE not to overuse this as you can end up looking ghostly especially in photos. A light dusting is all you need. However, I felt that this particular powder was abit chalky and I broke out on my forehead (not sure if it was this product or other factors). However, I'm obsessed with the Dim Light Ambient lighting powder as it gave a sun kissed/bronzed look and I just started to hit pan! It is pricey but a little does go a long way and it makes an amazing difference to my complexion.

on 4/12/2015 5:08:00 AM

This is one of my most terrifying purchases because if it didn’t work, if it didn’t do anything for me, I would’ve wasted so much money on a finishing powder. It's a non-essential item. But if you're seriously looking for a product to elevate an already great make-up look, I am happy to report that it's worth getting!

I could see a difference - my pores were further blurred and I seemed to look luminous. My cheeks were glowing that I kept touching them to check if they were oily. They weren’t!! They were just looking really smooth and dewy. And more importantly, someone else noticed too! A friend told me she especially liked how I looked that day but she couldn't put her finger on what was different. Also! I usually have to run my selfies through a smoothening filter but that's no longer the case with this powder. I’m ecstatic that Diffused Light does what it’s supposed to do - for me at least. But if you're looking for something obvious, this might not be for you.

I wish it could be cheaper because it's pricey for a finishing powder. However, there's relatively a ton of product in a compact so it'll last a while. Considering that, it's not too bad.

on 3/25/2015 9:51:00 AM

I am not a fan of this product. It photographs terrible. I attended three weddings over the past 6 months and was disappointed all 3 times that I used this. I was inclined to give it a 2nd and 3rd try, but my disappointment level was consistent. It goes on well and looks great -- in person, but the second I took a picture, my face looked terrible. So cakey and unflattering. I am a fan of Hourglass, but def NOT this product.

on 2/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is a beautiful powder. It's very finely milled so you'll never get a powdery look, no matter how much you apply. It helps blur imperfections and lends a refined, softened look to skin.

It's a very pale yellow-tinted powder with no visible shimmer. I apply with a large duo fiber brush and buff it in softly. It also works well at toning down enthusiastic blush application.

The drawbacks: it is very expensive. It does not control oil at all as it is a finishing powder, not a setting powder.

I said I'd repurchase, but actually am undecided. I love how it makes my skin look, but it doesn't seem like an essential item for me. If you're on a budget, this is definitely a splurge rather than a staple product.

on 1/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

I've gone through one of these under a year. HOW, I do not know. I must have been excessive. I purchased this with the intent of having a 'glow', and of course, people say that this is the least shimmery of them all on the skin, which makes one wonder, 'did it have that sheen that you were looking for?'

It was perfect for an all-over powder, but I suppose for that purpose alone, I could purchase easily cheaper powders. I did not also garner any 'blurring' effect that everyone speaks of, but I also do have extensive large pores, and that may not be saved by any cosmetics at all.

But still, I adored the light glow it gave to my skin that is naturally dehydrated and a little barren looking. I also applied another layer or two on my cheekbones and where I highlighted, so I did use Diffused Light for two purposes. That alone, is the reason why I realized I finished through the powder so fast. I used it every single day and that is worthy investment enough than the other powders that laid ignored in my stash.

I have repurchased this, though I've also acquired the palette and ethereal light in the meantime, therefore I do not think I will eat through it quite as quickly, which makes me happy. I do love these powders terribly.

on 12/13/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I held out on the Ambient Lighting Powders for so long because of the price. I own this one as well as Ethereal Light. They are both pretty similar once they are on the skin. These powders provide such a beautiful glow to the skin without being glittery or too shimmery. They don't accentuate my pores at all. I feel like it helps to blur a little bit of the redness in my skin. Overall I feel like this is a must have in my collection going forward!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Splurge? Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powders and Blushes! by MrKongsMom

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom

Recommended for Normal Skin