Hourglass Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Holy grail setting powder if you want to stay dewy/glowing but need some powder to set areas.

Brilliant under the eyes to brighten in a subtle way. I find it blurs and brings your makeup together, really flattering.

There are the tiniest bits of shimmer in this powder but you can only see it if you are really really up close in the direct light. I think this one is the most natural and least shimmery of all the ambient lighting powders.

I would just note that this is a setting powder and not a highlighter. You can use it as one but it is very subtle. If you want a natural highlighter I would go for becca shimmering skin perfector liquid right after your foundation and use this powder as you would normally use your powders to set your makeup.

I didn't experience the great outcome like most of you did here........i used a big powder brush with a light hand to apply all over my face to set my foundation like i always do with any powder.......but this powder feels so heavy on my skin.....and the sheen makes my face looks so old and not clear....my combination (nc30) just doesn't work well with any baked powder such as the mineralized powder form mac.....i get better result with rimmel stay matte powder.....!

Didn't like it at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely thing to have in your stash of make up but it does not make that much of a difference on me to warrant a repurchase. It is too expensive a product to have if you feel quite indifferent to it. I like the packaging because it is solid without being too heavy, I like the texture because it does not have overt glittery particles in it, and I like the temporary lift it gives to the skin. It is too expensive for what it is though, in my opinion, but others seem to think it is HG. I would suggest trying to get a sample before you splurge out. You might find you can live without it..,or not!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this in Diffused Light!... it gives your skin such a subtle natural glow... I'm very pale and I got the Dim Light that everyone talks about in a palette, but it was way too orangey and dark.. it showed up patchy on my chin..... this is fantastic for all over, it looks so dewy. I use it lastly in my make up routine with a light feathery brush :-)

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ive had this powder since summertime and I really do like it as an undereye setting powder or dusted all over my face as a finishing powder, it gives a nice soft look. However I feel that the price for a simple yellow tinted powder really isn't worth it. Gives a nice blurring effect but it isn't miraculous to me.

So... This is my favorite of all the ambient lighting powders. For reference, I am Filipina with medium skin tone. I am 3W1 (Tawny) in Estée Lauder Double wear and Cut as a bunny Honey in Benefit.

I also own the ambient trio (Radiant, Incandescent and Dim). I initially used the palette as finishing powder, highlighter and bronzer. However, the colors oxidized later during the day and my face looked much darker and shinier. Also, my face looked really aged in photos!

Anyway, back to Diffused Light. This is the perfect finishing powder because it is almost clear and does not impart shine. However, it still blurs out my imperfections and brightens my skin tone without changing the color of my foundation.

This is my Go-To setting powder. I use this or Dim every single day. It looks beautiful on my face no matter what foundation, tinted Moisturizer or cc cream I use under it. Does not cake or settle into fine lines. Love this HG.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ahhhh I'm a sucker for Hourglass ambients after trying the Dim Infusion blush which was just stunning. SO finely milled, velvety, and luminescent, this powder just gives my skin such a natural finish. I'm mega pale so I actually use this almost like a finishing or setting powder - it really does seem to just blur out imperfections and gives such a stunning natural look - no glitter, no shine. My skin is super dry and I've been pleased that this does not come off chalky on my skin, nor do I look oily as the day goes on, however I have noticed that I need to apply strategically on particularly humid days as it can come off just a little too "glowy" in those circumstances.

As I said in my review for Dim Infusion, I do have a couple of (purely aesthetic) qualms:
Packaging - I'm not wild about it. It looks sleek, the clasp is secure, but it's plastic and (to me) it feels a bit light and cheap... I'd expect the packaging to somewhat reflect the price, and I don't feel like it does. Also, I don't like how the powder is deeply recessed into the pan - I feel like when I get close to finishing it off it's going to be a pain to use...
Price wise, it's not cheap, but not extortionate when you consider that you don't actually need to use much at a time - I can see this lasting me quite a while even with daily use. Overall I absolutely love this powder though, and will definitely repurchase!

Finally, a pressed powder that actually makes older skin glowy. The shade is a pale yellow neutral, but you won't look like a taxi cab. The glowy part is really nice, with no sparkles or glitter. This sets makeup and is buildable. You don't look dry, chalky, or cakey. The texture is light and gossamer. It doesn't feel sandy or gritty. The factor that steps this up to HG? The glow lasts and lasts. Ten hours later I still look luminous.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom

Worth The Splurge? Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powders and Blushes! by MrKongsMom

Recommended for Normal Skin