April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Pressed Powders - Chantecaille - HD Perfecting Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't reviewed anything for ages, but felt I ought to do so for this product to prevent anyone else wasting their dosh on it. I have mature-ish combi skin which is British and very pale. This gives me such a white cast that I look like I need embalming. It settles instantly into pores and lines making the whole effect very much more ageing than using no makeup at all (and after all..isn't makeup supposed to make us look better?).

I get a far better result from my years-long Fav from Clinique at rather considerably less strain on the pocket.

I understand the design of the compact has won awards but whilst pretty is annoying in that without my specs (yes I'm now that age!) it's hard to find the opening part of it..which is frustrating as I use a magnifying mirror to do my maquillage not my specs!

All in all a huge waste of money..it has no perfecting 'HD' quality at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed at all. For the price I expected a stand out product and this doesn't come close. It's just a simple pressed powder. That's it. You can find better at the drugstore. Honest

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by anotherinnocentgirl

Bought this in my hunt for the holy grail of face powder. Packaging was nice enough though not nice enough to justify the price. In terms of its promise to 'perfect' it does'nt really deliver either. It's quite pale but the colour did go on very translucently so did'nt leave me looking like a ghost-however I should add that I'm naturally quite fair with cool undertones. I can't say it would be as translucent on darker skins. The translucency also meant it did'nt really 'perfect' my skin any more than my primer/foundation/concealer. You could see the powder sitting on my base and by lunchtime I was looking shiny. It does'nt look any different to my usual base in photographs either. I think it would be best suited to normal, flawless skin. Certainly is'nt ideal for setting make up or controlling shine. I personally wo'nt be repurchasing this as it is'nt suited to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dehydrated/sensitive skin an have a very light skin tone.
This powder is lovely and non drying and has some good ingredients. Goes on very smooth and evens the complexion nicely. Although it is stated as transluscent it might be a little white for medium or darker complexions, but best try and see.
A little minus is that it does not have a brush included, so it means you have to carry and extra with you.
I cannot comment exactly on how it photographs, but once I do, I will post an update.
Not sure if I would rebuy this yet as there are one or two transluscent powders that I like more and which leave a more "silkier/glowy" and less matte look.