December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

BB Cream - Chi Chi - Super BB Cream - Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really liked this when I first got this last year. It has one of the best scents for any BB cream/foundation that I own and it is incredibly moisturising. It leaves a gorgeous dewy healthy finish and has a plethora of good skincare ingredients such as:

> hyaluronic acid - humectant that can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water
> caviar extract - a moisturising antioxidant
> collguard - anti wrinkle collagen
> white mulberry tree extract: brightens the skin and has anti-ageing properties
> green tea extract - an anti-flammotory antioxidant that neutralises free radicals
> SPF 30 - a must-have in Korean BB creams

It's important to keep in mind that BB cream is not skincare but makeup. I do appreciate that Chi Chi has been faithful to the original purpose of BB creams as "makeup meets skincare". The shade "Light" matches my light neutral-leaning-yellow undertones really well and it doesn't oxidise or break me out. What I don't like about this BB cream is that it is dissimlar to Korean BB creams because it doesn't provide good coverage. It's like a really light foundation with just a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. I can only use it on my "better skin days" and if you have painful blind pimples, excess redness and moderate acne it will not be sufficient for you. If you have good skin, then this will be great for you. However I don't really think this can be called a "true" BB cream as the coverage is just too light. I normally have to use around 2 pumps and a bit for my entire face. Again, with Korean BB creams, I only have to use the tiniest bit.

Another thing is the lasting power. Due to its moisturising qualities, this product slides around my face after 3-4 hours in summer when set with powder. At the end of the day I can see that my makeup is gone on my nose (but then, my nose is absurdly oily and no face makeup has been able to stay the whole day on it), has broken up on my oily T-zone and my dry-ish cheeks. It doesn't cover blemishes well and blemishes will be visible if you don't use concealer because the BB cream fades away. The last thing I want to mention is the price. It used to retail for $20 a year ago (August 2013) but now Chi Chi has realised that this fills a niche in the Australian drugstore to mid-end market and increased it to $22.95 this year. A lot of Korean BB creams are far cheaper than this, such as Holika Holika, Etude House, Skin Food, The Face Shop.

This isn't a bad BB cream by any means and is definitely one of the better Western ones. However I probably won't repurchase this again because I prefer my Korean ones a bit more for coverage, price and longevity.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by stephaniedubbioso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the shade 'light' and I'm really happy with it so far! I didn't want to keep wasting my Estée Lauder foundation for daily wear, and usually within an hour, other BB creams I have purchased either slide off/oxidise/lose the tiny bit of coverage they gave me. I know BB creams aren't supposed to have super coverage but this one felt so moisturising when I applied it, concealed most of my red cheeks without completely covering them which made my skin tone more even, brought life to my face and gave me the prettiest glow which is great because it's winter and my skin is looking a bit flat. The colour matches me perfectly and it's been almost two hours now and it's stayed on fine, definitely repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

I love this stuff!! BUT not on it's own! I mix this in shade medium with my Estée Lauder double wear maximum cover in shade creamy vanilla and it's the perfect shade and finish. The bb cream on its own is super dewy and oily looking and sticky, and the Estée Lauder on its own is wayyyy to matte and thick, but mix them together and you have a beautiful Demi matte super glowy radiant skin that stays put all day :) If you own this bb cream already and don't like it, try mixing it with your foundation :) ya might be surprised!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by carolinexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this BB cream after reading some great reviews but definitely wouldn't purchase this product again.

Cons: didn't last more than two hours, needed a powder to set, slid off around my nose and chin, became very oily very quickly.

Pros: great colour (purchased in medium), easy to apply, didn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

This BB cream actually surprised me with how good it is!
I have tried a selection of BB creams including Garnier and Mabelline and I was just never too impressed. I picked up the Chi Chi Super BB cream in light and medium (I like to alternate and mix for when I am fake tanned). I did use a little powder to set, however I found the coverage and wearing time to be fantastic for a BB cream and I will definitely be using this instead of my foundation more often!
Also, at only $20ish, I find this to be very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by katelle66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just purchased my second tube of this, and I have tried quite a few different BB creams on the market. I am very much one for the minimal makeup look, however I like to wear BB cream to go out as it just evens out your skin tone a bit and makes you appear more put-together.
I would say that this product is perfect for someone with the same approach to makeup as me. It is not too thick, (which I find with a lot of BB creams I've tried), which suits the hot climate I live in, as it gives a sheer coverage that doesn't look like I am wearing makeup, however covers up any red spots or imperfections in a very natural-looking way. As it is quite liquid-y it also gives a dewy look, which I think always looks nice and fresh, it really livens up your face.

The packaging is really nice too, I love the pump, it disposes just the right amount, and the colour and design is very cool. It also smells nice too!

So overall, I would definitely recommend this product to someone who is just looking for a natural-looking coverup to liven up their complexion a bit for going out. It doesn't make you break out, and is reasonably affordable, and worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am on my third tube of this stuff and WOW!! I have tried mac, garner, Clinique and a lot of other bb creams but this by far is the best! The consistency is beautiful it's not too runny and not heavy or thick. The coverage is amazing, covers all my acne scars and my eczema without irritating my sensitive skin. In regards to the skincare factor, I haven't noticed a dramatic difference but am definitely repurchasing on the product quality alone. Well done chi chi fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: it gives nice, light coverage, easily blendable, lasts quite well throughout the day

Cons: I'm not sure it really lives up to its skincare claims

I think it's a great product but I probably wouldn't buy it again because I have other foundations and bb creams I want to try.

A great buy for anyone whose looking for an inexpensive bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by emmawwwong

Packaging - The packaging is fabulous for a bb cream, the body of the tube is a soft, black with pink writing on it, very attractive and modern looking. The fact that there is a pump is great on many levels. It's sanitary, you can pump your desired amount and it doesn't spill. The lid was quite spontaneous as it was clear but the only downside is the product tends to make contact with the lid, leaving marks on it.

Application - The application is easily applied with fingers, I tend to stay away from brushes. It smoothes over your skin and glides over anything, doesn't ball up which is good for dry skin (which I occasionally have). I applied moisturises beforehand.

The texture was a bit oily on my normal skin but within a few minutes, the oil seems to just evaporate and die down leaving a dewy finish which I love. The longevity lasts me around 4 hours until it seems to thin down and start to dry out. It does lock in moisture but only for a short while until you have to touch up again.

All in all I'd say this is quite a decent product because of it's sheer coverage and dewy finish. I would definitely buy it again. Close tot he HG bb cream but not nearly. Thanks Chi Chi :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've given this product multiple chances but each time I use it I end up wiping it off and going for another brand. I have a few spots and a slightly oily T Zone, overall pretty easy skin to work with. This BB cream clings to dry spots and slides off oily areas. It is so orange, regardless of whether I use it on its own, with primer, setting powder etc. there is no way I can work with this colour - and I have quite tan skin. It has barely any coverage, no more than a tinted moisturizer would. It's quite expensive for a BB cream but the worst I've tried by far. The packaging makes no sense - it's in a squeeze tube yet it comes with a pump so you can't get the leftover product out when it's nearly empty. I won't bother using this again, it will be going in the trash.