Lancome Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

3.5

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is an okay product. Got it as a sample used for a 1 month and 1/2. I feel that it is far overpriced and the claims are over hyped. It leaves the skin nicely & lightly moisturized, but I really haven't noticed a great deal of difference with age spots, softens the skin so that it minimizes the "appearance" of fine lines and wrinkles but does not get rid of them. However, I found a far better & similar product , better than EL night repair imho, at a fraction of the cost. Missha New Science Night Repair Ampule, and it came as a set for $60 with two full size products and two travel products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The first time I tried this product was around Dec.2009 when it first came out. Lancome reformulate this serum around 2014. The differences is very minimal though. This product remind me of Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair serum. They both feature some type of friendly yeast extract from our body digest system. (Bifida Ferment Lysate) The differences is Lancome's serum contain strong denatured alcohol while Lauder's is alcohol free. Lancome's serum formulation is much simpler relatively speaking. Sometimes simple isn't a bad thing... especially with sensitive skin, an over complicated formulate can potentially trigger allergy reaction. However, with the amount of money and the alcohol content, plus that "crazy marketing talk from this serum"... I'd expect a bit more helpful ingredients from Lancome.

Pros:
-It's very moisture. (Aside from Bifida, the Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone and Glycerin help too!)
-Contain Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside)
-Smell good... (although it's from Parfum/Fragrance.)
Cons:
-Alcohol Denatured present in 4th ingredient list... meaning high in %, while this might work as preservative and solvent. Long-term use might dry up your skin (ironically isn't it?)
-Perhaps due to the higher alcohol content and fragrance... it cause cosmetic acne sometimes. (It's actually getting better then it's predecessor)
-Extremely expensive for what we get.

I don't use the big regular bottle anymore. However I still use them on and off whenever I receive small advance genifique sample bottles. It's really not a miracle product, it does feel smooth and hydrated, but so with many other cheaper alternative. The previous version somehow contain even stronger alcohol content, but good news is they tone down the alcohol in their "advance" version.

I would really advice people ignored the crazy marketing talk. (Seriously? Unlock the new youth equation? Repair 10 sign of aging?) If you read the short ingredient list, a lot of them are common cosmetic ingredients in other toner/cream/eye-cream etc. There are slip agent, moisturize agent, thickner, alcohol, fragrance. Bifida Ferment Lystate doesn't have real science proof to backup the "repair" claim, but from my personal experiences with Lauder's Night Repair, it seem to be working, you can argue because Lauder included 10x times more helpful yeast/peptide/vitamin Es to fight sign of aging.... while Lancome only have Vitamin C and Adenosine as major anti-aging properties.

I like Lancome as a brand, they are glamorous and alluring. But if I have to pay 129$ for 50ml. I would invest Lauder's serum instead. (more helpful ingredients, no fragrance, no alcohol, a bit less money). This serum is "okay"... not as bad if your skin is alcohol tolerant, if not I would suggest you to look elsewhere.

Ok, I'll admit it. This product is alluring. It has this aura of mystique surrounding it and its claims seem almost to good to be true. Well, after a long time using it (6 months, and as directed) and also researching the ingredients, I can tell you that those claims are most certainly too good to be true. It does nothing. At all. It is also quite disconcerting that there is so much alcohol in this product, an ingredient which is known to cause cell damage and actually accelerate aging. Aside from the alcohol, it contains Bifida Lysaye Ferment, an ingredient which Lancôme (nor anyone else) has no clinical research to support. Basically, I want others to be aware that this product is an enormous waste of money. What is being sold is crafty, clever marketing with zero actual skincare benefits.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this every which way for over a year - alone, several times a day, at night only, morning only under makeup, and combined with other products. It always feels good putting it on with the dropper. I love the slight stickiness that absorbs and leaves the skin with a glow. But does it do anything lasting for the skin? I can't see it. I always feel it is going to transform my skin and I'll probably keep using it because it just feels so good. It's just a very lovely serum. I will never buy the full size bottle because it is well over $100 and I cannot justify that. I will keep buying the Lancome gift bags to get little samples of this and Visionnaire because I like them. But don't be fooled - it doesn't do anything. It's just that it doesn't irritate the skin, and it does contain good ingredients, and it's very pleasant to use.

I bought a 2.7oz bottle and have been using it for weeks. The automatic dropper is very nice and helps one drop just enough amount to cover face & neck.
The product is very moisturizing and brightens my skin, though I haven't seen any anti-aging effects. I really dislike the amount of alcohol in this since it makes my non-sensitive skin turn red. I use it under BB cream in the mornings and under moisturizer in the evenings. It improves how my BB cream looks since the serum keeps my face moisturized. The Lancome salesperson recommended that I use this serum under Lancome's Dreamtone serum to improve the effects from the Dreamtone serum. Seems from what she said, this is a serum to layer under another Lancome serum rather than to be used on its own.

This is the first serum I have ever bought. But lately some creams made my skin oily, and gave me larger pores so I wanted a very light product for night time and daytime when I am at home (or under a sunscreen). This is a brilliant serum! In a few days using ONLY this day and night, my skin is so happy! It looks healthier, much more even, smooth, radiant. Not the fake glow but just healthy looking skin. I had those 11 lines between the eyebrows and those are smoothed out quite a lot now too. It doesn`t irritate my skin at all and that is a BIG deal because I can get red or have breakouts easily. For the nigh time all I do is wash my face with a nice cleanser and put this on, and I ALWAYS wake up with beautiful, even, young looking skin! I still have to try it under a sunsceree but I don't think it would be a problem. I will repurchase this serum 100%, even though is expensive. It made a visible difference in my skin in like 3 days, so I know it works. :-) Oh and the packaging is so beautiful, classy, and the dropper is a nice touch, I don`t even use a full dropper amount so I think it will last me a few month. Well worth it. :-))))

Very pleasantly surprised. I rarely see any noticeable effects from serums but I did seem to see that this product made my skin better - smoother, more even toned, and generally healthier. I don't know if there's any effect to "gene" structure or what not, but I think this is one of the best serums I have ever used. I used it twice a day underneath an SKII moisturizer and I could see the difference. I actually look like I have pretty good skin now, which I couldn't say before using this product. Also, it does not break me out. If a product has a potential to break me out I will break out. So that's saying a lot for me. Packaging is beautiful and high class, and I love the dispenser which gives precisely the right amount of product for face and neck every time. Love it!

So far, I am liking this product! I use it every morning after washing my face, and I am seeing some nice results. I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles yet, but this serum has made my complexion brighter and more even toned. I have not experienced any breakouts, and I find this also helps with hydration. The bottle and dropper are so pretty looking, and the texture of the serum is smooth and sinks in immediately! Will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a full sized bottle of this from a Lancome training school a few months ago, and I'm so glad that I did. It's definitely not a cheap product at just under $100(CAD) for a 30ml bottle. I wasn't overly excited when I got the opportunity to try it because I"m only 20 and not hugely concerned about fine lines and wrinkles yet. However, I can say that after using this product 1-2 times daily after toning, the texture of my skin has become a lot smoother. It also seemed to calm it down in terms of breakouts. Something that many people are not aware of, is that this product is one of the only 'serums' that can be used in conjunction with another serum as the Advanced Genifique is designed to improve the efficacy of other products applied after it. I was obviously a little skeptical after learning that, but I honestly do feel that my other products not only absorb faster when used after this, but they also work better. The texture of this is an absolute dream. I work in the beauty industry for a number of luxury brands and have had the opportunity to try many serums, but this just knocks them all out of the park. It is the thinnest formula and you honestly need the smallest amount. definitely less than the amount that comes out in one pump of the dropper. My only complaints about this product are the price, because it's going to kill me when I have to shell out my own money to repurchase this, and the alcohol content, as it dries out my skin. So to break things down:

PROS:
- luxurious, practical packaging
- a tiny bit goes a LONG way
- can be used in conjunction with other serums
- improves the efficacy of other products
- evens out skin texture
- light, pleasent fragrance

CONS:
- quite expensive
- high alcohol content

All in all, great product. AND as long as this keeps my skin happy, I definitely think it is worth the investment, but definitely try and get ahold of a sample if possible to give it a try before making the investment.

I never fell into the hype of the normal genifique and for years didn't understand what was so great about it. I tried sample after sample but could never justify the expense and found it to be really unimpressive. After they came out with the advanced formula I thought I would try it out. While I do think this formula is better than the first one, I was still not entirely amazed by it. When I first used it, it had a texture that was almost exact as the original serum, with a similar weird feel and no distinct smell. When I woke up my skin looked more radiant, but other than that, there was nothing else to it. No reduction in fine lines (although I don't have many), no evenness in skintone or clarity, or the litany of other claims about the products efficacy. While it is better than the original, I still don't understand the appeal.