July 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mirabellac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pleasantly surprised. I rarely see any noticeable effects from serums but I did seem to see that this product made my skin better - smoother, more even toned, and generally healthier. I don't know if there's any effect to "gene" structure or what not, but I think this is one of the best serums I have ever used. I used it twice a day underneath an SKII moisturizer and I could see the difference. I actually look like I have pretty good skin now, which I couldn't say before using this product. Also, it does not break me out. If a product has a potential to break me out I will break out. So that's saying a lot for me. Packaging is beautiful and high class, and I love the dispenser which gives precisely the right amount of product for face and neck every time. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

So far, I am liking this product! I use it every morning after washing my face, and I am seeing some nice results. I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles yet, but this serum has made my complexion brighter and more even toned. I have not experienced any breakouts, and I find this also helps with hydration. The bottle and dropper are so pretty looking, and the texture of the serum is smooth and sinks in immediately! Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

I received a full sized bottle of this from a Lancome training school a few months ago, and I'm so glad that I did. It's definitely not a cheap product at just under $100(CAD) for a 30ml bottle. I wasn't overly excited when I got the opportunity to try it because I"m only 20 and not hugely concerned about fine lines and wrinkles yet. However, I can say that after using this product 1-2 times daily after toning, the texture of my skin has become a lot smoother. It also seemed to calm it down in terms of breakouts. Something that many people are not aware of, is that this product is one of the only 'serums' that can be used in conjunction with another serum as the Advanced Genifique is designed to improve the efficacy of other products applied after it. I was obviously a little skeptical after learning that, but I honestly do feel that my other products not only absorb faster when used after this, but they also work better. The texture of this is an absolute dream. I work in the beauty industry for a number of luxury brands and have had the opportunity to try many serums, but this just knocks them all out of the park. It is the thinnest formula and you honestly need the smallest amount. definitely less than the amount that comes out in one pump of the dropper. My only complaints about this product are the price, because it's going to kill me when I have to shell out my own money to repurchase this, and the alcohol content, as it dries out my skin. So to break things down:

PROS:
- luxurious, practical packaging
- a tiny bit goes a LONG way
- can be used in conjunction with other serums
- improves the efficacy of other products
- evens out skin texture
- light, pleasent fragrance

CONS:
- quite expensive
- high alcohol content

All in all, great product. AND as long as this keeps my skin happy, I definitely think it is worth the investment, but definitely try and get ahold of a sample if possible to give it a try before making the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I never fell into the hype of the normal genifique and for years didn't understand what was so great about it. I tried sample after sample but could never justify the expense and found it to be really unimpressive. After they came out with the advanced formula I thought I would try it out. While I do think this formula is better than the first one, I was still not entirely amazed by it. When I first used it, it had a texture that was almost exact as the original serum, with a similar weird feel and no distinct smell. When I woke up my skin looked more radiant, but other than that, there was nothing else to it. No reduction in fine lines (although I don't have many), no evenness in skintone or clarity, or the litany of other claims about the products efficacy. While it is better than the original, I still don't understand the appeal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must admit I was already tempted to buy the first Genifique version already but didn t do it as I still had an another product to finish. So months later when I ve seen Lancome was offering a beauty case if you purchase 1 Genifique Advanced + any other skin care, I just couldn’t resist anymore. I was literally dreaming of going to the Lancome counter and buying it! Total madness, I know. Anyway, the dream came true and I rushed to the bathroom to remove the make-up and apply my shiny new toys. (I actually have bought Hydra Zen Neurocalm Gel Hydratant as well so was extremely excited.) As I think I kind of exaggerated with the scrub and left it too long on my skin, my first experience was a rather irritated, red and burning skin on my cheeks (no problem with the T-zone). The burning sensation increased when I applied the Hydra Zen Neurocalm. It disappeared in a couple of minutes ago I was hoping that it was only the first time. I was right… Nevertheless the morning after I woke-up with a nice radiant and glowing skin, repeated the procedure only without the scrub and was very happy there was no more burning or itching. So far it’s been a month since I bought it and I’m still glad with the results: even skin tone, clarity, radiance, smaller pores, better and firm skin texture. As I don t have yet many wrinkles, can’t say if it really works in this domain. Regarding the package I found absolutely no difficulty using the dropper but you have to act quickly once you put it on the back of your hand as the product is really runny/watery. It doesn’t have any particular scent, in fact haven’t noticed any odor at all. Can t really find any negative facets except for probably the burning/irritating part but that was partially my fault. In the overall, I was quite satisfied with this product and would repurchase it again unless I find something better, of course.