July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30 - Very Light

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by nouchaline

I was given this product as a gift in the right shade and I was super excited to use it. Honestly though... it does nothing. It very very very slightly "color corrects", but the amount of effort that goes to actually correcting the things it didn't correct makes it so not worth it...
I feel bad not using it though, so I'm using it for pool/beach days because it has SPF 30 and ever so so so soooo sliiiighttly "improves" my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Very Light" is lighter than any of Clinique's BB creams and regular foundations, around NC12 -15. Clinique say they put a tiny bit of lavender into the cream to do the color correcting. I think it does work, as I noticed less redness, and a slightly brighter look. I think its slightly yellow toned, but not like Bobbi Brown or Estee Lauder yellow. I liked this product due to the way it made my skin look and the fact there aren't many color options for very light skin that aren't orange.

Coverage is sheer, dewy-powder and gives a natural glow without shimmer particles. Wear is very good, it doesn't break down on oily skin, doesn't shift into pores or wrinkles. I think its one of the most natural and "skin-like" finish I've ever seen in a foundation or tinted moisturiser. Its a thin veil that blurs flaws but does not mask. Skin is looks more perfected yet remains real. I think its a good choice for people who want one step to look more finished but without all the touch-ups and investment regular requires.

The texture is initially thick and takes time to spread and rub in but once worked in it disappears and feels almost weightless. Its somewhat moisturising, probably will suit combination to slightly oily skin. Its quite a"grippy" cream which on my slightly oily skin is a good thing. I want my sunscreen to stay put and not melt into my eyes or shift into wrinkles. It does not have "slip" as there aren't any silicones so I don't think it would work as a makeup primer.

Fragrance free so it lessens the chance of irritation. The active sun ingredients are half natural barrier and half chemical. For most skins except very sensitive this is the best of both worlds. However I have very sensitive skin and found it slightly irritated my skin, especially the thinner skin around my eyes. If you are very sensitive I recommend you test first.

As which any sunscreen product, a good cleansing routine at night is a must. This is to avoid sensitivity reactions over time as well as to prevent breakouts. Sunscreen ingredients can be sensitising and pore clogging so its good to completely remove them to keep skin from building up a reaction over time. One option the SA recommended is a foaming one like the one Clinique make. She said the gentle cream cleanser wouldn't do it. If you have sensitive skin, or are prone to breakouts and want to be really sure its totally removed or can't use foaming cleansers then perhaps try pre-cleanse with an oil cleaner, then follow with your regular gentle cleanser.

A few last comments on what some other people have said so far. Its doesn't have a suncreen scent, as all Clinique products are fragrance-free. I didn't detect a scent and I am fairly picky. Paula's choice rated this product as "average".

INGREDIENTS LIST:
Octinoxate, octisalate, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, water, squalane, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, propanediol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcohol, peg-40 stearate, polyglyceryl-10 pentastearate, aloe, termus thermophillus ferment, trehalose, caffeine, glycerin, linoleic acid, lecithin, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, sorbitol, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tocopheryl acetate, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium hyaluronate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, isospropyl titanium triisostearate, synthetic fluorophlogopite, xanthan gum, silica, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, tin oxide, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: mica, titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI 77499, CI77491, CI 77492.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As cc creams go this isn't bad. The texture seems very heavy and I'm not sure it would suit an oily complexion at all but as colour matches go I thought it was excellent. I have this in light and it's a very close match to my skin colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by goldenrose2

This CC cream has good coverage, in between that of a foundation and a tinted moisturiser. However I have issues with the texture. It is very thick and not able to be spread or blended very effectively. I have very dry skin and was hoping that this would help, but even if I use this after moisturising I still have dry patches. This product lasted well for about 5 hours on me. In terms of the shade, very light, I found that it wasn't quite light enough for me, and I have NW10 skin. This would work on NC/NW 15 to 20 skin. I will still use this product for days when I don't want to wear makeup as it helps to even the skin tone somewhat, but due to the fact that the shade is not quite right for me, and I don't find the texture easy to work with, I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Joann3

I was going to get the LM tinted moistuzer and SA recommend me this CC cream. It even out my skin doesnt feel heavy or cakey at all. It comes with 4 shades if not mistaken. Definately recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an NC15 in Mac (very fair with neutral undertones) and the shade "Very Light" in the Clinique CC cream is PERFECT for me. I read about this product on my favourite beauty blogs, and I held out buying the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in "Porcelain" (which I found to be just meh from trying samples) and waited and waited for the Clinique CC cream to arrive in Canada. This product was a month late hitting the shelves here, but I finally got my hands on it and wow, it was absolutely worth the wait. It smells like sunscreen, which I love, and the SPF of 30 is wonderful as I already use Clarin's face sunscreen which has an SPF of 40. The coverage of the CC cream is so neat..I have some redness in my cheeks, chin and nose and just a light amount of this product buffed into my skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush really does the trick!! It's quite dewy so I dust a bit of my Mac blotting powder over it to set it after adding some concealer where I need it. This lasts all day, and it covers the redness extremely well. What a cool product! I will re-buy this always, and I like it better than any tinted moisturizer or BB cream that I have tried (Dior BB, Clinique BB, Mac BB, Laura Mercier TM, Nars TM, Sephora CC, etc etc). This is miraculous!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this to replace my beloved city block which I could not get in a high enough spf. The colour is great on my pale skin and the texture non oily. I have taken one lippie off because I do not see any colour correction. I have not worn in under MU yet but I think that under an ordinary foundation it would be too heavy. I would however, try it as a primer under a powder foundation. It has no coverage but what it does have is an sfp of 30 and it feels nice on my skin.