December 20, 2014 | 1766 users online

Hair - Redken - curvaceous shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by puggy1234

This stuff not not lather. AT ALL. It is pricey and you have to use a lot to wash your hair.
The smell is ok. The bottle is small. And seriously....it does nothing. My hair is soft....but in that kind of way like I didn't wash all my shampoo out. YUCK. DO NOT BUY.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by abluesgirl

I have long blond highlighted hair and I HATED this product. I had to use double what I would normally use for other shampoos. It didn't lather at all. I've tried better sulphate free shampoos (Davines).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mtlz

LOVE this shampoo! Low lather but still spreads easily around hair and washes out clean but leaves your hair feeling soft and moisturised. It also really helps if you leave this shampoo in your hair for an extra few minutes, it definitely is more conditioning the longer you leave it in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this surprisingly more than the matching conditioner. It has a beachy, green coconut like smell to my nose that is strong initially, but fades once my hair is finished air drying. It has a low lather, but my hair is still left feeling clean and my curls are able to maintain bounce and texture. I would classify this as a gentle shampoo. I am kicking myself for not getting the liter when it was on sale at Ulta. It isn't drying and it is light enough to use daily. I use follow it with one of my favorite conditioners or treatments with no problems. Overall, I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn on this shampoo. It's ultra-moisturizing. My hair looks great afterwards. But the scent is very overwhelming. Some days I'm okay with that. Other times I feel like people will think I'm wearing men's cologne. It's a bit much. I do use this with the conditioner and will post a separate review. I have fine, highlighted, blonde 3a-b ringlets.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using the s/c combo in rotation for a month or so I picked up litres at Ulta's sale. It's that good, and the conditioner makes a fantastic slippy leave-in. Use the s/c and Ringlet and I dare you to have a bad hair day. While the scent is very men's cologne-ish (like Chi, so you'll love it or hate it) it's grown on me.

This is easily the best version of curly products (imho of course) that Redken has done. And I LOVED Fresh Curls, for the record. I'm a fine but dense 3a/Botticelli just below collarbone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. I totally disagree with the reviewer who said it doesn't lather it all. Obviously it doesn't lather as much as a sulfate-based shampoo. It is advertised as LOW LATHER and in my opinion, it is. If you aren't getting any lather try adding a bit of water and massaging more. That usually solves the issue.

First off... I love the smell of this. Yes, it's strong and perfume-y but I find it pleasant. If you aren't into heavily fragranced stuff this probably isn't for you. The smell does linger (especially if you use the matching conditioner).

I have thick, color treated waves and this seems to do a good job of cleansing without over stripping and it doesn't seem to fade my color. Overall, it's nice daily shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this cream shampoo and am still loving it. My hair is curly and coarse and I have always had a hard time getting it clean without stripping it. This is the only hair cleanser I have found that gets my hair really clean, yet still leaves it feeling silky. I can go 3 or more days without shampooing and never get an itchy scalp - that is incredible for me! It is such an awesome find that I don't mind spending $18 for 10oz, and one bottle lasts me about a month and a half. I have not tried the conditioner as I am reluctant to spend $36 dollars a pop when I find that just using the shampoo and a little bit of any conditioner works so well.

Also, I have always suffered from seborrheic dermatitis, where my scalp gets itchy and flaky, and the flakes cause my eyelids to get red, swell, and itch. This shampoo has completely stopped that! I don't know what ingredient my scalp was reacting to with other shampoos, but it's very happy with this one. My scalp does still flake a little, but the dermatitis is almost completely gone.

I think if you have a sensitive scalp and curly hair, you should give this stuff a try.

P.S. - it also smells GREAT!

I saw the previous review where the user could not get it to lather. I have to say I have not had that problem. The first application will not lather MUCH. But the second application lathers very well for me. At any rate, cream shampoos are not intended to lather a lot, if any, so I was prepared for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Ok so i gave this a bad review the first time I tried it but after knowing how to use it I just adore it. You need to use a lot more product that you would other shampoos. And you have to make sure your hair is super wet. It foams gently and yet cleans perfectly.My waves look great and I know alot of people complain about the smell being masculine but i love it. I have not tried the conditioner yet. Do buy if you want a low sud shampoo that cleans, foams a bit and keeps you red hair color.