July 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Catwalk Sleek Mystique Haute Iron Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm not as much of a fan of this flat iron spray as the other reviewers are. It's not that this is a bad product, because it isn't by any means, it just didn't impress me a lot.
Pros:
- makes hair shiny
- does reduce frizz and some damage from heat styling

Cons:
- the aerosol nozzle is inconsistent (Sometimes I get a fine mist, while other times it over-sprays, and the nozzle is not clogged so I have no idea why that happens.)
- can leave hair oily if too much is applied (can be a problem for thin and/or fine-textured hair)
- difficult to use on second-day hair because it can cause greasiness (This is annoying to me because I don't wash my hair every day.)
- can decrease volume if over-sprayed (also a problem for those with less coarse and/or thick hair)

Overall this is a good heat protecting spray in the sense that when applied in appropriate amount, the results are nice and noticeable. I use this both ways the manufacturer recommends; on damp hair before blow drying and dry hair before straightening. I feel this would work best for those with thicker and/or dryer and/or coarser hair, or for those who wash every day because it can be a little too much for me at times with my fine-textured, dry hair that doesn't need daily washing. I have the sleek mystique blow out balm from this line and I really like it, but this spray was a little less effective for me. The TIGI Catwalk Sleek Mystique line is good quality and I would recommend to others, but I probably won't be repurchasing this particular flat iron spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I like this spray, and would buy it again because I love that it smoothes and adds shine. However, I use this more as an "after straightening spray" where I wash my hair, put in the Tigi Sleek Mystique blow out balm and let it air dry (I dont actually blow it out) and then I flat iron my hair and then use this as a finisher at the very end. I do a light mist, and then run over it with my flat iron and it smoothes everything really nicely. I think it would be too greasy to coat strands and flat iron my entire head. As others have said, a little goes a long way. I personally love the smell, its kind of a warm, vanilla smell to me. Although my husband wasnt a fan. The smell didnt stay long on my hair though, even though I didnt mind it at all. I would recommend this product. Try the blow out balm if you haven't!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Mewamw

This is the best heat protector out there especially for dry damages hair. It will not only protect it, but leave it shiny and silky soft! It's absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by beecky

This is the best heat protectant I've ever used. I was looking or something that did more than protect my hair, and this is it. it makes hair unbelievably shiny and silly smooth ! I was shocked when I first used it. I've used every heat protectant in existence and this is by far the best. My hair has never felt this smooth and silly from a product. Use sparingly, however, or is will be greasy. Comes out in aerosol form, so it's a very fine mist that coats hair perfectly and distributes it evenly. HG heat protectant !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I love this product, the scent is nice (although nothing like the shampoo and conditioner from this line) and does its job well. It protects the hair, helps it look shiny and sleek, and makes it feel silky and easier to straighten hair. Just don't spray too much though, your hair will look and feel pretty greasy! Do not spray directly on the scalp, spray from midshaft to the tip, then brush through to make sure the protectant is evenly distributed. As long as you don't overdo it you should be fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This is one of the best heat protector sprays I have ever used. It makes my hair very shiny and smooth, It protects hair up to 200 degrees and it smells lovely. I will be repurchasing.