October 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Lipstick - Sonia Kashuk - Shine Luxe Lip Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have seen these reviewed on YouTube and have been interested but the price puts me off a bit. I found Sheer Fuchsia on clearance at my local Target for around $7 and figured the time was right. I have to say, I really like this! The color is fantastic, exactly the type of shade that I like. Bright and pretty but not over the top, the sheerness is actually very flattering. It does have a bit of shimmer but that doesn't translate much on the lips. I also like that the color of the lipstick is clearly shown on the packaging. I do find these to be a bit sticky, which is strange but they wear decently and don't have a smell that I can discern. I'm definitely interested in trying other colors, even at the regular price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are FANTASTIC to say the very least...

I first found out about these from emilynoel83 (I believe thats her SN) and immediately made a trip to my nearest Target. At the time, the Sonia Kashuk line had just been revamped with the new black packaging and a lot of her old products were discontinued to make room for new goodies including the Shine Luxe line. I initially picked up Sheer Pink Lust and Sheer Berry and immediately fell in love with the latter upon initial application. The closest in my stash that is similar to these are my Revlon LBs but the SL have more of "slip". These lippies really do feel hydrating. Although they're marketed as "sheer", I feel that 2-3 swipes will give me a medium yet comfortable coverage on my lips. They really are medium level tinted lip balms imho. Great shine, wear, and color range. It does come off easily but I love reaplying my lipsticks so that's no biggy. Also, these lippies are easy to reapply( no need to wipe off previous application or use a mirror). The pink lust lippie took me a few tries before I figured out how to prep my lips to make this one look as nice as the berry one but now I love it as much as the berry one. Pink lust is definitely my everyday lippie. Today I was at Target and was browsing the make isle (of course 😝) when I decided to pick up Sheer Melon. Melon looks like a nice corally shade and will look great for summer. Overall...GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I read it was a balm-like lipstick on a blog. I bought Sheer Plum which looks like a dark wine shade on the Target site but is more of a medium mauve purple in reality. The consistency reminds me a lot of a Revlon Lip Butter which for me makes neither drying nor moisturizing. I love how pigmented it is and the packaging does have a little more weight than your average drugstore lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by CommieHamster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

Fantastic texture, finish, and staying power. Easily the nicest drugstore lipstick I've ever worn.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by LenaLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a dud or something with this lipstick, because it's way too soft/mushy to even apply without smearing it all over my face.

I bought the colour Sheer Berry when I took a day trip down to Buffalo to do some shopping. I was really excited to try it because Sonia Kashuk makeup isn't yet sold in the Targets that have opened up in Canada.

The colour is amazing, I love the look of the packaging (although the one I got seemed a bit flimsy and had some damage I didn't notice until after I opened it). But I can't wear it without ruining the lipstick and smearing it all over my face. I tried putting it in the fridge overnight when I got home, but the next morning, after 30 minutes out of the fridge, it was smushy again.

I think I could probably wear it if I put it in the fridge for 20 minutes before applying, and do that every time, but it's kind of a hassle. It sucks, because I love the colour. I can't even return it, either. I might purchase another one when Sonia Kashuk makeup comes to the Targets here, because I also bought one of her tinted lip balms and that one wasn't smushy at all and applies great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purchased this in sheer juicy coral, i am NC42 and i find coral lipsticks to be super flattering against my skin tone. i really love the sleek black hefty case and the color is wonderful, a perfect peachy pink color. the formula though, could be a bit more moisturizing. its a tad bit dry so when applying it gives a bit of a drag across the lips. after the initial swipe it gets better but i think "sheers" should have more slip to them. i would repurchase this though, the pigmentation is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

Sonia Kashuk has always been one of my favorite 'drugstore' cosmetic brands because of the great quality, sleek packaging, & affordable prices. I paid $14 for a Luxe Shine lippie in the shade Pink Lust at Target. That's almost the price of a MAC lipstick, but you've got to keep in mind that it's worth it...& still much cheaper than Chanel, Chantecaille, ect.

I originally learned about these lippies thru MUA's beauty forums. I'm surprised there's so few reviews so far (6/15/2013) because the buzz concerning these is pretty significant. In the past, I've been lured into trendy, overrated products only to be let down. Luxe Shine Lipstick isn't one of them. I actually want to go back & get ALL of the shades.

Pink Lust is a my-lips-but-better shade. I guess you could describe it as a medium warm pink. It looks natural, yet beautiful & refined on my pale skin. The texture is smooth/creamy & glossy. If you have pigmented lips - no worries - these lippies are opaque. I fell asleep with Pink Lust on one night & woke up to my lips feeling as if I had put on my usual chapstick. I love that they are so moisturizing because I usually can't wear lipstick without having that shriveled up, granny look. (Sort of sad/pathetic considering I'm only 22). I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are amazing; they have been called dupes for Chantecaille's Lip Chics for 1/3 the price. You might want to look at the review on sasquatchswatch.com where all shades are swatched. I have Berry & Melon; both are wearable & pretty on me (NC 20 now); they feel fantastic, last several hours without eating or drinking, and are sheer but definitely opaque and creamy and not, as the earlier reviewer said, lipgloss in a tube. The Luxe line has several different lippies (Satin, Sheer, etc.) & these are small square tubes. Berry is my favorite as the Melon is a bit of a blah coral/pink; still pretty but I reach for Berry more; it's a soft neutral rose leaning cool. It could be that in a hot humid climate these will feel more liquid but I can't feel any stickiness or similarity to lipgloss and my hair doesn't stick to my lips when I'm wearing these. They're kind of mistake-proof as I can apply when I'm away from a mirror without creating any faux pas blotches over the lipline yet it's a sophisticated lippie look. I love these, will definitely buy more & stock up. I don't have Lip Chics & can only say that these are closest to Revlon Lip Butters than anything else I have in my stash, but these are a thicker consistency & feel more emollient & last longer by far. A rave!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I am a fan of Sonia Kashuk cosmetics, I've used many, so please forgive this not so great review.

I was quite excited to find there were new lip products in the local Target. I picked this up in Sheer Juicy Coral. I just love sheer lipstick and I am a coral person, it goes well with my coloring. This is a lovely color, it is sheer and it has a lovely shine, that is what is giving this 1 lippy. Basically, if you could take a lipgloss and make it in stick form along with all of it's dreadful stickiness, you can imagine what this product is like. However, it is not smooth nor does it glide easily onto your lips. It is very hard to apply, it drags and pulls the lips. It is extremely tacky and you will feel it every time you press your lips together. Your hair will stick to it.

This was $10.99 for .09ozs, the tube is quite long, about an inch and a half longer than a regular lipstick tube, which makes popping it into a tiny purse difficult. Why all the extra tube for so little product?

Returning this.
PROS:
Pretty glossy sheer color
No fragrance or taste
CONS:
Overpriced
Tiny amount of product
Does not last on lips
Sticky and Tacky!!
Basically a lipgloss
Does not glide onto lips