September 23, 2014 | 1120 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain #13 Rose Tempura

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You get what you pay for and pay for this you shall! Three coats I find is best and I'll only top it up once on a night out, just really to get the shine back. The stain lasts and lasts. You need a good eye makeup remover to get it off. Love this stuff. When I get that lotto win I'll buy it I'm every colour!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Cherie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice product but not ysl's best.
Bought this is red and orange I found the orange is more of a stain its subtle and very wearable for day time or double it up and wear evening time. The red it very bright and over powering which is a shame as its supposed to be just a lip stain. This feels like a lipstick with lipgloss over the too in red but orange colour seems to be thinner. Would buy again but not in red

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't give a better review then the person below. You do have to apply it on twice to get the application right and it stays on pretty well and when it is off, there is a stain left on your lips. This is not a color I would normally wear, but perfect when your skin is darker from tanning or for my skin, the freckles are out. Nice pop of color. I find that the scent can be a bit off, but the texture is great!
Here is the downside, the tip to apply it on is really nice and different because it has a pointy tip to the flat applicator. The wand part with YSL in red comes off, so it looks like the glamour is gone and you don't want to get caught in public with the logo right off. You might think this is not a big deal, but if you want YSL to be luxury high end, they can have their logo to stay on because it really looks good.
UPDATE: I had to come back to update. I've tried other lip glosses that give very good color and I find the texture is better then this one, but YSL does leave a stain on your lips. My decision not to repurchase still stand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic product. Having recently discovered the Rouge Pur Couture lipstick #13 Le Orange ( I made a review), it made me curious to look at their other lip products.
Glossy stain was explained by the SA as a product you can layer. Intrigued by this I tried a few colors but kept going back to Glossy Stain #13 Rose Tempura. It is a raspberry color and differs from the colors I normally wear. The gloss has a sweet scent which fades after applying. I apply one layer and when that is nearly dry I apply the second layer. What I find fascinating is that the actual gloss stays put ALL day as well as the shine of the gloss. This stuff does not move at all. I applied in the morning, drank all day, had lunch, ate dinner and by the end of the day it was still there as bright as I applied in the morning. I literally checked in the mirror during the day to see if it was still there and it was. Unheard !! The price is steep for a gloss Euro 33,- but this will last me forever if I only need 2 coats per day... I am quite pale now and it already looks stunning, so when my skin tone gets darker in the summer it will look even more stunning. The raspberry color is a very warm one which I can see working for many skin tones. So my final verdict is a definite recommendation because it is simply awesome, what a find!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No