October 30, 2014 | 1611 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Suede - Preview

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Jwn254

This lipstick was drying and not very visible and made my lips seem dull and uneven. Very disappointed as most of my makeup regime is colorstay products!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Foxey22

This definitely was not worth the buy. I saw a few tutorials on this lipstick and was like I'll give it a try! Sadly not a good choice. It doesn't go on even, took multiple coats to get the right color, it transfers, and is very drying. My lips were dry after 10minutes. This was not a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Preview is a lovely cool mauve pink. A subtle "my lips but better" shade, I get a pleasent pop of colour that looks natural and understated for daytime. This colour is for looking put together without seeming to have tried too hard, for an an office or jeans and t shirt kind of day. It looks naturally dewy on, without any frosting, sparkle or glossy finish, and I was pleased with the staying power. When it does finally fade, it does not draw attention to its-self plus it is easy and very pleasant to apply. There are no nasty fragrances or flavours either.

There has to be a catch, doesn't there? And there is, for me at least. I really don't like how this feels on the lips. When actually applying it feels very moist, but the moment you've replaced the cap you notice it - a strange almost plasticky sensation, like a thin layer of quick setting vinyl has been applied to the lip. It's not as noticeable as in the absolutely vile Revlon Colorstay ultimate liquid lipsticks, but you are very aware of this lipstick nonetheless and I found that my lips felt both dry and uncomfortably sticky in no time at all. A little vaseline lip product smoothed over the top offers some relief but why should I have to do that to get something that feels acceptable?

This is my first Colorstay Ultimate Suede product, and although I love the colours on offer, the texture of this lipstick leaves me wondering if I will really want to buy more. I look longingly at the beautiful colours, knowing that these lippies look beautiful on. But I enjoy a lipstick that feels moist and comfortable - I'm not interested in suffering any discomfort for my pop of colour.