October 25, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Cream Shadow Sticks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily and hooded eye lids so worst scenario case ever.

I tightline my upper water line every day, and Violet Plum does not smudge on me unlike all the other traditional eyeliners (Milani, UD, TT, Mally, Clinique, and it goes on...). I also like that it's 'fat', which makes it easier for the upper tightlining.

I have not tested to see if it creases as an overall cream eyeshadow or use it as a base for my eyeshadows. For now it's my go to for upper tightlining for a few months now, and for that alone, I'm glad to have found it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this is in the brown shade. With a little highlighting color on the brow bone, this is the easiest daytime subtle smokey eye imaginable. I draw it on my lids (upper and lower) and smudge around. Looks like it took 20 min and it takes 3 min. Have extremely oily lids and don't use primer. Lasts all day lookin nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Newly released for Spring 2013, Bobbi Brown launched these in 8 shades. I chose Forest, which is a beautiful, dark emerald green. I find the colour similar to Urban Decay Loaded, which I adore. But I was eager to try a quick and easy eyeshadow and these new cream shadow sticks seem to fit the bill. And it certainly does. Bobbi Brown claims it is long wearing (hence the name) but I still have to wear a primer underneath (currently Nars) or it creases like crazy on my oily eyelids. What I do is draw a think line over most of my lid, then use a synthetic brush to blend upwards (I use a Real Techniques small shader brush). I then draw another layer over the top, just along the lashline, very lightly blending this time to intensify the colour along the lashes. This gives me an instant smoky eye. So quick and easy and with the aid of the primer I am getting a good days wear from it. Not too difficult to remove either, so I am now researching other colours to buy. I have tried the Laura Mercier version, but have to say I find these a lot creamier and easier to blend. A good product from Bobbi Brown, and one I would highly recommend!

Update: Summer 2013. Its been a hot and sticky few weeks and unless I have industrial strength primer, these crease. So I guess I shall be saving this one for the fall/winter. Which isn't a bad thing as Forest is such a pretty fall/winter colour anyway!