Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 6/20/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is a brilliant, if expensive, cleanser. My skin has never felt so clean! And I'm noticing that it's starting to look a little clearer since using this too.

I use this product after taking my make-up off, usually with a micellar solution, to make sure every last bit of dirt and grime is gone. I wear foundation, blusher etc every day so like to make sure my skin is completely clean before bed - and this really does the trick!

It is very expensive for a cleanser but you don't need a lot of product for each use so it lasts a while. From reading other reviews some people have mentioned things like irritation - personally I haven't experienced that, but I guess different skin types react differently (I'm oily/combination).

Basically, wow - best cleanser I've used. Makes my skin feel soft and clean like nothing else I've used.

One thing I did notice is that the muslin cloth starts to smell a bit weird after a few uses, but I guess you don't always need to use it (a flannel also works) - but maybe give it a wash every now and again.

on 5/18/2015 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this cleanser in the mail today. I already bought this cleanser before but forgot about how good it was, so a week ago I ordered it and fell in love again. This cleanser is seriously HOLY GRAIL. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's soo soft after I washed it with the cloth it comes with (I've bought the starter kit it comes woth a 100ml pump of the cleanse & polish and 2 cloths). I also bought the 'instant boost skin tonic' with the spritzer on it. That combination makes my skin sooo soft, glowy, healthy and at least beautiful without an break outs!

on 5/14/2015 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I know for me having as I said sensitive, acne/prone skin, I tip toe around skin care products and thereís a few things that stick out to me that can be a problem so just be on the look out if you want to try this. Some of these ingredients include irritating plant extracts or fragrances that can be a problem for sensitive skin types. I havenít ran into this problem and Iíve been using this cleansing balm at night for a year now

see my full review where I do a break down of the ingredients at http://daisyalexandria.com/?p=92

on 4/28/2015 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really a great cleanser! I was looking for a cream cleanser that was not irritating my eyes for years and now I found it. This cleanser does everything I want.
It cleanses my skin and (mascara) eyes perfectly, does not irritate my eyes, does not cause dermatitis or acne, is parfum free and does not dry out my skin.
I do not use the muslin cloth anymore, but a regular washcloth, I like that more, it is softer on my skin and somehow exfoliates better.

What I learned about my sensitive skin the last years is not to use foaming cleansers and to exfoliate every day in a mild way (washcloth).
Also to use parfum free product without other irritating ingredients.
I suffered from acne, blefaritis and seborrheic dermatitis my whole life and this keeps everything in control.

I cleanse my skin with the Liz Earl cleanser and a washcloth at night and moisturize with Physiogel.
In the morning wash my skin with water and moisturize with Cicabio from Bioderma.

on 3/15/2015 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" - Yeah, maybe if I couldn't get hold of the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm.

This feels smooth and creamy to apply. It's also economical, as I found I only needed one pump (which doesn't dispense very much) for my whole face, possibly an extra wee half pump more if you're wearing more than just mascara or brow make up. However, much as I liked the fresh, herbal smell, I wonder if it was the cause of the initially pleasant, cold, tingling sensation on my face. While sometimes it made my face feel softer, at times my face was also slightly red and patchy after applying it. I wondered if perhaps my skin was too sensitive to the hot cleanser, but it seems to be OK with its replacement of Clinique TTDOB. Sensitive skins approach with caution maybe.

on 3/5/2015 2:18:00 PM

I will happily I jumped head first onto the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish bandwagon. After reading rave reviews everywhere I went I figured I would give it a shot.

The product itself is a creamy texture and felt nice on the skin, used in conjunction with the muslin cloth it had a nice exfoliating effect and therein lay the problem for me. This product felt quite stripping on my skin and really dried me out. I found that I had a lot more flaky skin and it broke me out on my cheeks where I almost never break out.

Overall I really wanted to love it, especially because it was so expensive, but I ended up donating to a friend who raves about it and will use nothing else. It obviously works for a lot of people so it may be worth giving it a try it just didnt rock my world.

on 2/19/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for my sensitive skin it erases all makeup including waterproof mascara the texture is rich and creamy. My skin is always smooth and clear afterwards without redness or irritation. Its a more gentle alternative to a scrub.

on 2/14/2015 12:28:00 PM

I'm beginning to become addicted to cleansing my face, love this product. Wish it was a little cheaper - its way too expensive for a cleanser.

on 1/20/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mum introduced me to this cleanser when I was about 13 and I have been using it on and off ever since (I'm always trying different cleansers but always end up coming back to this one)! It leaves the skin so soft and is so moisturising. I have acne prone skin and this has not broke me out in fact it has helped sooth my face, It has natural ingredients as well so that is a bonus. It is amazing at removing make up and even stubborn waterpoof mascara. Will definitely continue to buy!

on 1/17/2015 10:54:00 PM

Cleansing balms are kind of a new thing for me and admittedly, I don't have any similar products to compare this to. However, I really like the overall effect that this gives my skin. For those of you who don't know, this cleansing balm does three great things.

1. It gets rid of the crap on your face, including most eye makeup, with little hassle.

2. It doesn't overly dry your face out too much so if you have dry skin, this is quite good.

3. If you get it in your eye, you won't be screaming in agony.

This particular one is also not too expensive compared to a lot of the ones I've seen with a bottle lasting 3 or 4 months with everyday use. The starter kit comes with some clothes that help get even more crap from your face. Plus I'm sure you can find some of the starter kits Birchbox has been giving out if you want to try it.

Honestly, my skin has never felt better since using this kind of cleanser and I always come back to it. If your have dry skin, it's worth a shot.

Popular Face Skincare Products