My mum introduced me to this cleanser when I was about 13 and I have been using it on and off ever since (I'm always trying different cleansers but always end up coming back to this one)! It leaves the skin so soft and is so moisturising. I have acne prone skin and this has not broke me out in fact it has helped sooth my face, It has natural ingredients as well so that is a bonus. It is amazing at removing make up and even stubborn waterpoof mascara. Will definitely continue to buy!
Cleansing balms are kind of a new thing for me and admittedly, I don't have any similar products to compare this to. However, I really like the overall effect that this gives my skin. For those of you who don't know, this cleansing balm does three great things.
1. It gets rid of the crap on your face, including most eye makeup, with little hassle.
2. It doesn't overly dry your face out too much so if you have dry skin, this is quite good.
3. If you get it in your eye, you won't be screaming in agony.
This particular one is also not too expensive compared to a lot of the ones I've seen with a bottle lasting 3 or 4 months with everyday use. The starter kit comes with some clothes that help get even more crap from your face. Plus I'm sure you can find some of the starter kits Birchbox has been giving out if you want to try it.
Honestly, my skin has never felt better since using this kind of cleanser and I always come back to it. If your have dry skin, it's worth a shot.
I was a bit worried about using this product as I have sensitive spot prone skin. I thought the travel size one would be best to try out before I purchased the larger full size cleanser. It removed my makeup very well but did still feel like it left some product on my skin, so I used soap and glory face and clarity afterwards which did get rid of the excess Liz Earle. I then used Liz earls toner and there wasn't any makeup on my cotton wool pad left over. I only use this cleanser in the evening to get rid of my makeup and it does a very good job of this! It cuts through even the long wear foundations. The only thing I hate is the hot cloths you have to use, your makeup stains them on the first use. Even though I rinse them over and over they are still stained and feel like you need to replace them after 2 days. Even in the washing machine the stains are still visible. This can end up being pricy. I have used it without the hot cloths lately and it seems to not make much difference so I may just ditch the cloths altogether. I've been using this for a year now and ow purchase the largest cleanser available.
I wanted so badly to love this but it made my skin break out horribly! I used this consistently for 3 months because it can take a little while for my sensitive skin to adjust to new products, but by the end of the trial period my face was a cystic acne mess and It took months to get my skin back to it's original condition. Really disappointing.
I've been using Liz Earle for a few years now and love the products - especially the hot cloth cleanse and polish. I have oily skin that breaks out regularly so I wear a lot of make up to cover up , this cleanser gets rids of all dirt and make up and isn't too harsh on the skin. My mum also uses this so it's perfect at all ages! I love the packaging, looks nice in my bathroom and it is good value for money. They always send you a free travel size cleanse and polish with purchases direct from the website which are perfect for overnight stays when not at home.
This is the best cleanser I have used. It removes all traces of dirt and makeup whilst maintaining my skins softness. I do still suffer from blemishes however I think that it is hormonal. I will always use this cleanser now as my skin looks a lot more radiant as a result of using this everyday
Liz Earle you have saved me from terrible break outs. Since using this in the morning to wash my face gently my skin is so much better. I know acne is made worse by harsh washing but I couldn't help it because all other cream cleansers left my face just not feeling clean! But this is great! I use a flannel run it under hot water and use it to wipe the cleanser off my face gently. To all those acne sufferers with harsh skincare routines. Less is really more try this in the morning for a month you will see the difference.
Firstly, this product is amazing! I got a sample from John Lewis which was the small 50ml bottle and has lasted me around two weeks morning and evening. I have sensitive skin which means I break out and have extremely dry skin but this cleared both problems up. The creamy cleanser feels moisturising and when removed with the muslim cloth, feels exfoliated. I didn't even have to put my usual heavy duty moisturiser or sensitive skin toner with it! people have also commented on how clear and radiant my skin looks. Seriously recommend if you're looking for a product for sensitive/blemish ridden skin, however my skin does get used to skincare products quickly but this has been nothing but good to my skin.
This product is an HG and I've been using it religiously for a year now. My skin has changed beyond recognition in that time.
It used to be dry with patches of eczema on my forehead and cheeks, some greasiness/blackheads on and around my nose and chin with blotching, uneven skintone. Most annoyingly, I was/still am hypersensitivity to most skin products and the cold. My skin used to flare up when I washed my face with the gentlest of cleansers so (and I now feel totally grossed out thinking about the fact)...I never used to wash my face with anything more than water!! Ever! For years...euck!
My skin was a mess and it was really getting me down. Someone recommended Liz Earle C&P and in my desperation reluctantly (due to the price) I bought it, kind of expecting it would be chucked onto my pile of failed skincare experiments after the second day.
Honestly my first week did not leave me impressed and I thought it really would be another waste. It left me feeling even more congested and like I was breaking out slightly. Determined not to give up so soon due to the cost, I did quite a lot of digging on the web at how to use hot cleansers properly and within two weeks my skin felt completely transformed.
Having used it for a year now, my skin is even, pores seem smaller, I no longer have the dry patches which I have had for YEARS and which usually this time of year start to get really bad again. The greasy areas and blackheads have disappeared. My super-sensitive skin feels so soothed by the creme and supple after cleansing - not tight at all. I genuinely enjoy washing my face before I go to bed (have only missed 1 day in a year). Here are the things I've learnt about how to make this cleanser work to its full potential:
1) I started with a 100ml pump but when that finished I bought the 200ml tube which I massively prefer - doesn't waste product at the end and you can control how much to use. I use a big pea-sized amount (less than a single pump would dispense) and this means a 200ml has lasted 9 months!!!
2) I only cleanse in the evening before going to bed. I figured out my sensitive skin does not benefit from regular 2x a day cleansing, even despite how gentle this stuff is.
3) Use on a DRY face, gently massage the cream in circular movements around the face, concentrate on any areas you get blackheads etc. Really work it on your face and keep going until your fingers stop gliding and it becomes a bit gummy. I let my hot tap run during this to run through the cold water until it's really hot for the next stage (saving the cold water for my plants - don't like water waste!)
4) I prefer just a normal flannel instead of the muslin cloths as they are more gentle and just as effective. Get a CLEAN* flannel and drench with hot water (as hot as you can go without burning your hands). Wring out the cloth so it's dryish but still hot, and with gentle circular motions buff the cream off your skin using a different part of the flannel for each new area on the face.
5) Don't apply loads of pressure, the heat and the buffing is what you need to get it all off. Again, concentrate on any areas that might get blackheads/congestion. When the cloth isn't hot anymore, wet it/wring it out again - I usually do this about 3 times per cleanse.
6) Splash with COLD water. Counterintuitively, this really helps to calm skin after cleansing.
7) follow up with the next step in your routine. I prefer to just pat dry and add my Bioderma lotion for a comfortable and clean face before bed.
* note about cloths: Don't skimp and get at least seven flannels. Then you can use a clean one everyday and wash them at the end of the week. You're thinking this is OTT but it seriously stops recontaminating your face with the bacteria that grows on your flannel next time you cleanse and will stop breakouts.
There you have it - hope that helps you get the most from this amazing cleanser and it does for you what it has done for me :-)
I never got on with this cleanser. Over the years I have regularly tried it out because the reviews have always been so glowing and its cheaper than Eve Lom, but nope, my skin looked and felt awful. Red, raw, greasy, spotty, unclean, generally yuk. But then I had a eureka moment, the instructions say you should splash face with cold water to close the pores afterwards, something I've avoided due to sensitivity and thread veins. But I gave it a go and voila, this cleanser transformed into a HG. My skin, rather immodestly, looks amazing. I went back to avoiding cold water for a week to see if it is this step my skin needs and my skin went back to being a greasy spotty unclean slick. And so far, despite the coldest of water, no thread veins have appeared. Joy.