September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Skincare - Face - Liz Earle - Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by korean

I can see why this is a UK cult product. It works. Very effective at cleansing without stripping. Gets all the makeup and sunscreen off. I use it only at the end of the day and in the shower. Works as well as dhc cleasing oil. This is not a liquid. It is more like a cream/balm. One pump, rubbed all over the face, then use a hot cloth muslim that wipes it all away.

ingredient list has some natural ingredients, but is by no means an all natural product. No parabens. Not scent- free, but no artificial icky smell either. Light herby scent, which does not give me a headache like most products do.

Kinda of a pain to have to always wash the face muslim, but small price to pay for a grt product.

You can purchase it online, free S&H.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Runsius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clogged my skin badly!!!
After washing still could feel product sitting on my skin.((
Not recomend for people with acne prone sensitive skin.
Going back to use Lavera Basic Sensitive clenser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a nice, lightweight cleansing milk which can be buffed away with a muslin cloth. It is not as moisturizing as Ren or Balm Balms cleansing balms, but it washes off with no residue. I like how the cleanse and polish cleans and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I am not a fan of the eucalyptus scent, but it is tolerable. I would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by DieYoungStayPretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

$27.50 for 3.3oz pump, $40 for 6.7oz tube

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

This was my first hot cloth cleanser, so I have a soft spot for it :) Despite what they say, this is not completely natural, it just has some natural essential oils.

Anyway, this is a great cleanser to start with to get you used to using cream cleansers on dry skin and removing with a hot cloth. The starter kits, which are a couple dollars more than just the pump or tube, include some of their muslin cloths (which are useless after a few washes). I prefer to use a regular baby washcloth that you can get in packs of 7 from Target for about $4.99 and last a long time and don't lose their exfoliating ability. I've bought this about 3x and go back to it frequently. I just finished a 6.7oz tube and will try something different just cos I get bored easily and like to try different cream cleansers.

So to use it, you apply about a quarter size dollop and massage it well into your face and remove with the muslin cloth or a cloth of your choice after running it under hand-hot water. You would repeat the process if you are wearing makeup. It feels a bit minty but nothing like the "tingly fresh" burn of Neutrogena or Clean & Clear. I mean, I can take it over your eyes to remove makeup without it hurting. I've used it this way as well as a morning cleanse the same way, without double cleansing with it in the morning.

All in all this is a no frills cleanser, tried and true and loved by many who have MINIMAL TO NO SENSITIVITY TO ESSENTIAL OILS. If you are prone to break outs when using cocoa butter or get irritated by the oils in this, avoid and use Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser found at Target or Ulta as it lacks the essential oils but has the same cocoa butter. For an even more organic version, try the Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm which comes in a jar and is full of organic ingredients such as jojoba, olive oil, rose hip oil, sweet almond oil and shea butter instead of cocoa butter. Both those options are also less costly than Liz Earle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm newly converted to this. I bought it for going on holidays. Taking one bottle is a lot easier than carrying multiple bottles of cleansers, toners, eye makeup removers, exfoliators... Right? This stuff is amazing and I truly believe it does everything I mentioned above. It is soothing to apply, it melts away foundation and eye makeup and the muslin cloth removes everything beautifully without leaving your skin feel either tight and bothered or tacky. My skin has improved since I started using it and I love the convenience of it. It takes a lot to get me excited about a makeup remover, but this is lovely and I would recommend it to most people. A little bit goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ConstructiveCritique

This cleanser was first recommended to me by a colleague in the office who on asking what facial products I used, was dismayed to learn Iíd never heard of Liz Earlís products. She promoted that it did everything from clearing up warts to singing and dancing. To keep her quiet, I went on to the Liz Earl site to read about it for myself; it sounded fab but then any good marketing specialist can make anything look attractive. I compromised by buying the ĎTry meí kit to satisfy my curiosity whilst not breaking the bank.
The cleanser when it arrived was in a small 50 ml pump. It was thick and creamy without being greasy, and smelled of herbs. I tried it with the muslin cloth and was pleasantly surprised at the results: it left my skin feeling clean from the inside, not tight, but best of all, feeling refreshed.

I began using it after that and noticed the change in my skin texture. Iíve had rough skin before due to oily breakouts but these were fading. Also, my skin felt better and certainly looked more even in tone. The best bit was cleaning around the eyebrow area, the muslin cloth got rid of everything which water and cleanser alone never manage.

Eight years on, I still use this cleanser once a day. I have no acne or scars and my skin is an even tone. While itís not the cheapest cleanser out there, it can be made to go further if you buy the 200 ml tube. You know exactly how much is less and it last longer than two bottles of the 100 ml pump.

Itíll be a lie to say itís suitable for all skin types Ė it isnít, but those of my friends who tried it who donít have very sensitive skin have converted to it. One friends skin however didnít take to it, so I advise you to check the ingredients strongly before you buy. Otherwise it can be a costly mistake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

I am mega fussy with the products that I put on my face as I'm very prone to both breakouts and sensitivity. This keeps my skin perfectly clear and balanced and breakout free! I have repurchased this 4 times now so I think that speaks for iteself.
Not tested on animals either, which is a bonus.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Laura41

I started using this cleanser after reacting badly to a Clinique moisturiser. I was looking for something to calm down my skin and get rid of the 10 cystic spots I had developed as a result of the reaction to the moisturiser. I bought the cleanse and polish, spritz toner and normal combination skin repair moisturiser. For the first week or so I loved this product. My skin was definitely glowing more and felt really clean. I was expecting the spots to start disappearing by the second week but I found that more spots were appearing in strange places like around my cheeks where I do not usually have spots. After a month I stopped using the product as the spots were getting worse. It was a shame as the areas which were spot free looked great. Eventually once my skin had cleared up I gave the cleanser another go only to find that it gave me spots again so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Spud35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser for a number of years now. It's the only cleanser that leaves my oily skin feeling perfectly clean without that tight feeling. It removes make up really well too. If your skin is acne prone like mine I would advise using a clean muslin cloth every day to avoid spreading bacteria.I find the scent realy refreshing,though if you don't like the smell of eucalyptus you may want to avoid this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this and immediately fell in love. The scent, the feel of it on my skin - lovely. I massage it into my face (dry) for one minute, also going over my eyes, because this stuff is so gentle and great for removing even super tough masacara. I then take the cleansing cloth, let it soak in some hot water, and rub my face downwards in sections to wipe it off.

The about 1 minute 30 seconds this whole thing takes feels like I am really doing something good and luxurious every night. In the morning I use clarisonic with a Alpha Hydroxy cleanser.

Yes it was love at first pump, but it wasn't until I finished the whole two week sample I knew I was in real trouble. My skin looks SOOOO much better. I have terrible skin - early deep creases, super oily, pores like craters - After starting to use this, now for about 2 months I am amazed at how much improved my skin is. I'm still real oily, but my skin used to look rough and sallow. It is now smoother with a nice glow.

The price is also not bad, because of how amazing the packaging is. I LOVE the pump. I wish everything came in this pump. It looks pretty enough to leave out on a shelf, and one easy pump with one hand and I have the perfect size application. No bacteria getting in, no wasted product getting out. It really does last a long time. I want to say I've had this same pump for two months now and it's going strong.

This is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used.