April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Skincare - Face - Liz Earle - Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

This is the first cleanser in a very long time that didn't leave my skin feeling stripped and tight afterwards! It is a fairly thick cream and feels quite luxurious to put on -maybe because it is quite moisturising and you know its expensive- but it takes quite a lot of effort to remove. The smell is different to other cleansers I have used. Quite herbal. Don't like or dislike the smell. Importantly it is one of the few products that have helped my stubborn spots! I dint know why except I have been told stripping the skin which this does not do causes it to produce more oil. I have bought it again but it will just be too expensive to continue using in the long term unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by beautybash90

This product smells lovley and is very pleasent to use, however i prefer the consistancy of the no7 hot cloth cleanser, the liz earle was not as easy to massage into my skin. it cleaned my skin and left it smooth but other then that i didnt really think it was anything special and for the hefty price tag i highly doubt i would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Poonie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best cleanser by far! Removes absolutely all traces of make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i got this in a beauty box subscription and it was one of my favorite items. i loved to use it in the morning when i'm half awake (night showerer here) because it wasn't a harsh water-splashing WAKEUP! it was gentle and soothing and spalike, but refreshing too, so i was able to start my day on a nice note. it smells nice and i love that it's natural and not tested on animals too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

You apply this cleanser to a dry face and then wet the muslin with hot water and polish off, you don't need to apply much cream to cover the face but I wouldn't recommend using it if you were a lot of mascara.. I tend to wipe my mascara away with a cleansing wipe first.

The results left my skin smooth and fresh, It is a very good product but I think I am using this more for the fact that i love the Face Tonic and Light Moisturiser so like to use them all as a set.

But I think for a stand alone cleanser, the DHC deep cleansing oil is much better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This is a great product. I'm already on my fourth bottle of this creamy face cleanser, so rest assured I definitely recommend this product.

The consistency of the cleanser is luxurious, and it's effectiveness is incredible. It will remove a full face of make-up including waterproof mascara, and it leaves my skin feeling calm and non-aggravated.

Only downside is the packaging - I like to see how much product I have left in a bottle. I don't like to be caught out by surprise when I reach for this product and alas! Don't have any left.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebec

This has been a product that I have come back to time and time again. It is gentle and smells lovely. It removes every bit of make up effectively, even eye make up. The only thing is I think £24 for 200ml is slightly high. But if you want something that is gentle, natural and removed with water this is a great one. Just make sure that you remove every single bit with the cloth.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product by itself, and with the muslin cloth included. I used it every single day for a week, exactly as instructed on the packaging. I don't understand what the fuss is about! As a cleanser on its own, I didn't find it to be effective at all. I've read claims that it gets rid of all traces of makeup, including eye makeup, and that couldn't be any more inaccurate. I was left with a lovely set of raccoon eyes and a greasy film on my skin. Blech! When used with the muslin cloth it manages to leave less of a film, and a streakier version of raccoon eyes. Oh...added bonus is that it made me break out on my cheeks! I haven't broken out on my cheeks since I was a teenager!
I'm going to stick with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tomasvan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and I wanted to love it, especially after reading all of the wonderful reviews about it. I loved the process and how my skin felt after....until I started getting small red pimples on my cheeks (where I never get spots) after the second or third use. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine, so this is the culprit. Not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing bloggers and Youtubers rave about this as well as the sales assistants in my local Boots store I thought it'd be the best cleanser to ever grace this earth; sadly that's not quite the truth!

I bought the 100ml pump starter kit for under £15, not a bad price for such a popular product. I used it all over my face morning and evening for a while with the included muslim cloths, but I did have to stop after about a week's worth of use. Although the polishing cloths work great for gentle exfoliation, the redness in my skin was getting worse with each use and it wasn't as pleasant to use as my cleansers for sensitive skin, so I stopped using it. This product claims to cater for "every age and skin type" but sadly not so for those with sensitive skin, even if you don't normally react to products! I blame the eucalyptus essential oil, which is intended as "cooling" but may be a little drying and irritating for some.

Since I stopped using this and went back to other, more gentle (but sadly more expensive) cleansers, my skin is much happier and more balanced in general. One to avoid if you have sensitive or easily irritated skin.