August 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Polishes - Seche Vite - Collage Overlay

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was wanting to try out some nail polish from Seche now that they have come out with colors. After months of searching, I finally found this lone product at my local Sally's Beauty. I asked but the salesclerk assured me they were not going to stock the colors only this glitter topper. And that was only because it was leftover from the holidays. So not wanting to leave empty handed and being a sucker for glitters, I took this home. Maybe my polish hoarding tendencies had something to do with it too. Now enough backstory, on to the polish itself. With the silver and white color scheme this would pretty much go with any base color. There are short tiny silver holo bar glitters, (yes I said holo as in holographic!) and medium silver holo hexagon glitters (oh yes! more holo) with some larger white hexes suspended in a clear base polish. The brush is a standard small brush and it fans out okay, but the polish really doesn't apply well by regular application. This has to be blopped on and then spread out carefully to get good placement of the glitters. When I tried to apply this with regular strokes all I had on my nails was bar glitter and if any medium or larger hexes stuck they were drug to the free edge by the brush, so you have to sort of plop some of this down in the center of your nail and then work it to the edges to get the best results. The white hexes were the hardest to get to and took some fishing to even get any on the brush. They did require placement. The silver ones were plentiful and with 2 coats I got nice placement on all nails. This is very similar in looks to indie polishes and it is nice to see some off the shelf brands bring out these beautiful glitters in different shapes and sizes. These glitters all laid pretty flat and I didn't put a top coat yet, and they aren't sticking up or catching on things. Most glitters are top coat eaters and this could almost go without. You can feel a little texture but they aren't sticking up. I would still add a quick top coat over it just to pacify my inner perfectionist. One good thing - it doesn't have that horrible room clearing odor that the Seche Vite fast drying top coat does. While this is pretty on, I'll pass on a repurchase of this one and buy an Indie instead. I like it, but it isn't a favorite glitter polish and it takes too much work to fish out the white hexes.