It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

4.1

on 7/30/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been liking this product for the summer months. On the positive side, it's really nice to be able to just apply this product and not have to deal with separate primers and sunscreen, etc. Also, I think that some of the ingredients are actually quite good for the texture of my skin. I do notice that it's a bit heavier than I'd like, which means I have to blot in the summer heat. However, I haven't had problems with breakouts. The coverage is fine for me, now that I've gotten my skin in better condition. I dab the IT Bye Bye Redness on any problem areas before applying this CC cream and I don't have issues with coverage. I like the fact that the tube is designed to sit upside down so the product collects close to the applicator.
I think I would repurchase this. Major downside is the price, in my mind.

on 7/29/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

To me this product is okay, but not worth the money. It's VERY comparable to the Physician's Formula Super BB cream. The Physician's Formula BB cream has a little more coverage, less spf (PF has 30 spf, IT Cosmetics has 50 spf) and is less greasy. I'll save the money and get better quality from the Physician's Formula.

on 7/29/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Guess I must be allergic to this?

I purchased after reading all the glowing reviews. First application, I noticed how heavy it felt on the skin. Initially I was underwhelmed, but was curious to give it a chance. A few hours later I notice my cheeks feel a little warm. I thought maybe I was just flushed. By the end of the day, I notice my lips feel itchy! I wash everything off too late. My face was blotchy and itched like crazy for the next two days.

Pretty strange, because I have no allergies, and have never had any type of reaction to any product before this.

I am surprised no one mentioned the smell when I read reviews. It smells very strong, and the scent lasts all day long.

on 7/20/2015 9:51:00 PM

I've using this product for almost a year now. I use it everyday and I love it! It's so lightweight, I use it with the Smashbox Photo Loving primer and a damp beauty blender. I smooth it out with my fingers and then press the beauty blender so the product is still there. The SPF is awesome as well and it makes my skin wonderful. I have NEVER gotten acne because of this. It is light to medium coverage but the coverage is buildable. In love with this product!

on 7/18/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really do love this product! I'm in my 40's, and at first thought this cream was the cause of my breakouts. Turns out it's my hormones....I went 1 month without this cream, and still broke out in weird areas on my face. I have pretty bad rosacea. This covers it all, and lasts all day. I haven't had to put powder on afterwards, and at the end of the day, my face is still not red. It even lasts through playing racquetball and sweating buckets....after being on all day. With that said, it does take some time to wash off my face. But the coverage and sun protection make it worthwhile. I dab just a little more on when getting ready to cover any acne and dark spots. This is also gentle enough for my very, very sensitive skin. I use this product every day, and have rec'd lots of compliments on it. it's my HG foundation!

on 7/14/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to like this SO bad because of the high SPF, packaging and overall concept of this CC cream. But, like other reviewers have said, this product made me break out like crazzzzy. I, too, blamed it on being hormonal at first. I gave this product product a break, my skin cleared up and then I tried it again only to break out again in pimples all over my cheeks (a place I normally never break out) and forehead. The packaging is really cute and the formula is ok, but unfortunately this product just did not work for me.

on 7/14/2015 10:52:00 AM

I wanted to love this!!! I loved the dewy look and the spf barrier, the coverage was awesome ...but it broke me out like never before. Im 53 so breakouts like this one just don't happen. Discontinued use and skin cleared up. Back to Ulta it went. So disappointed.

on 7/13/2015 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Straight to the point - this product broke me out.

I first tried it a few weeks ago but I was trying out a bunch of new products at the time and didn't know which product was breaking me out. I was also hormonal at the time so I figured it could have been anything or everything. I finally got my skin to calm down and my face was a happy camper - so clear and smooth that I was dousing myself in highlighter and getting compliments left and right! Well unfortunately for me,i decided to give IT Cosmetics CC Cream another try and boy oh boy... After barely 2 hours of wearing it (with all other products that I normally use, nothing new ...my face is RIDDLED with bumps and newly forming pimples. Awesome. They're also the same type of breakout I had when I first tried it so there's not a doubt in my mind this is the culprit. Ugh.

For the record, I also didn't like the coverage - it applied really patchy and chalky on me, especially crusty around my nose (I tried with a flat brush, beauty blender and my hands - nada). It also ceased everywhere, like places I didn't know I even had lines.

So bummed this was such a failure on me :( gave it a lippie for packaging!

on 6/25/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I may be the oldest living reader/reviewer, but I still am concerned about my skin, about sun protection and about looking as youthful as I can. And for that I have always turned to Chantecaille for makeup despite its horrendous prices, and recently switched to Asian skin care which is gentle and extremely hydrating. That said, the enthusiasm for this product here on MUA, plus the sun protection this CC cream offers, made me curious enough to try it.

I ordered Light, which looked a bit greyish when I first squeezed a tiny drop on my wrist. Ugh, another ashy cream I thought. And it was thick, almost concealer thick. I dotted it on my face, blended it with a foundation brush and was surprised that it looked like ---my skin! The color was perfect, the product undetectable. This was/is the best CC cream yet. And I am depending on it now for daily life. It does not have Chantecaille's light elegance, but it is amazing in its ability to give you an absolutely natural look, not emphasize lines, even out tone, protect from sun, and last all day. I would certainly bring sunscreen going to the beach, but ordinarily it does a good job and stays put. For that, I turn to it most days; I do not think I can do better and am about to order a second tube.

I would suggest that if you decide to try it, go easy, use very little, dotting it sparingly as they say, as otherwise it might disappoint. I use a slightly damp foundation brush which works well.

on 6/23/2015 9:25:00 PM

I have struggled to find the right foundation for my 40-something skin, and I think this is it. It is not quite full coverage like a liquid or cream foundation but has much more coverage than other CC creams or tinted moisturizers I have tried. Fullest coverage I have found with lightest texture; I hate feeling like I have heavy makeup on even though I need decent coverage for evening out weird textures and redness. I had a bad problem with dry skin patches sometimes, and it does not cling to and highlight flakiness like some other makeups have. It feels very soft when touching my face, not goopy or sticky like a thick foundation. Wearability is okay -- would love it to last a whole day, but I touch my face too much so I probably can't blame the makeup. I especially love the packaging and pump design -- it is very easy to dispense with little to no mess. I have better results when I really mash it in to the skin, not just swoop it gently on top, and it layers well for extra coverage in difficult spots like by the side of my nose . It really does help even out my skin color and is now my go-to everyday foundation. I actually tried the Illumination version first, but I have switched to the original and love it. The Illumination version is just a bit too sparkly for me for everyday wear, but I really like the original.