April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

BB Cream - It Cosmetics - Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by MavWagg

I have been on an never ending quest for a HG foundation and while this is AMAZING I can't exactly say the search is over. The color range is limited, I purchased the color medium, I'm in between and NC 25-30. The color match could be better but it works on me, adapts well to my skin. Coverage is impeccable, and the feel of this CC is hydrating and virtually undetectable. The High SPF doesn't make this foundation ideal for photography because of the flashback but other than that I have no complaints. This is the perfect everyday makeup base

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by xmakeupaddictx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Great full coverage CC cream. I've used drugstore BB creams in the past, and decided to try this CC cream at the recommendation of one of the women at Ulta. I have very fair dry sensitive skin that breaks out occasionally, and this cream has not caused any irritation or flare-ups. It is surprisingly full coverage, more so than many of the foundations I've used. While the color of the "Fair" product is quite light at first, it gets darker after setting and leaves more of a matte effect. My face looks more radiant and even since using this cream. Ultimately, this cream is a great alternative to foundation, especially if you don't want to spend the time applying primer and SPF in the morning. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by mhusley

I love this CC cream! I have combination skin and it is perfect for me. I don't get oily in the middle of the day with this product and it stays on until I get home from work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I walked into the store to purchase a light foundation to mix with the one I had been matched with which was too dark. I told the associate to excuse the flaking caused by my retinol product. She came back with a bottle of the It primer serum and the flakes were instantly gone. Then she used the CC Cream on top. I did not expect much. I looked amazing and it took a few years off my face.
The coverage was good enough to cover or diminish the look of a couple of age spots.
Apparently my other primer and foundation products were just to drying for my skin. After I left, I ran my errands and kept checking my face. There was no dryness and no pilling. Using these two products is so easy than applying four as I had to do previously.
The thrill of it all was that the associate was not an It rep. so she did not try to promote additional product.
I am 58 with skin on the dryer side and am fighting wrinkles. If your skin is like mine, sample it and expect to be pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This really seems to be a "love it or hate it" product. I'm in the "love it" group. Got this as part of a Showstopper and it came with a flat paddle-type brush for applying it. I find I get really lovely results using the brush and one pump of the product. I have this in "Light" and the shade is perfect and looks natural. Sometimes, I have to be really careful just where my cheeks meet my nose or else foundations and similar products can settle into "dots" in my pores but that doesn't seem to happen with this. After applying with the brush, I use the flats of my hands to sort of "press" the CC cream into my face. I like that this isn't a totally matte product (unlike my Smashbox CC, which I use in summer, when it's humid and I appreciate a more matte finish). Some concealer on my under-eye circles and my skin looks perfect.

Interestingly, in Canada, this makes no claims about SPF and a sticker has been added to cover the "SPF 50" on the tube. On the tv promo, Jamie Kern had a bunch of labelled jars to represent all the products this CC replaces in her presentation but the one jar had to be labelled "titanium dioxide and zinc oxide" rather than SPF because this has not passed the Canadian testing for products making claims about sun protection (ditto Tarte BB Cream and now my beloved Clarins eye cream with SPF has been pulled from the market temporarily while it is tested to ensure it meets its claims).

Anyway, I like everything about this CC cream though I might find it a bit heavy for summer. Because I got this in a "Showstopper", the price was quite reasonable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

As a general rule I like BB and CC creams because my skin is dry and they provide a light layer of coverage, that I usually top with a light layer of a hydrating powder foundation. But this crap, no matter how I wore it; I tried several different primers, and several different finishing powders, would accentuate and create flakes I never even knew I had. I've never had any BB or CC cream or for that matter any liquid foundation do that. I am not even secure enough to try this again, the result was so bad that this is going straight back. Especially for the price, this is a big disappointment!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the kit from QVC and promptly sent it back. I am looking for a foundation that by the end of the day doesn't make my look cakey and dry. My skin is combo, maybe just because it's winter my skin is drier than usual. With any foundation, I have to top it with a powder, or else my T zone will be an oily mess. This did not last all day and I got cakey by the end of the day...sigh...I much prefer Garnier's BB Cream the combination skin formula, which is better than this and far less expensive.
I got it in fair and it was way too light for me. I am between an NC 15 to a 20. The next shade up which is light, is far too yellow for me. I know they say it adjusts a bit to your skin tone, but it did not do that for me.
I would say get a sample first. It feels great going on and looks glowy when you first apply it, it just didn't last through an entire workday. The hunt continues....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by DaBeedo

I really like this cc cream. I have acne-prone skin and almost everything breaks me out, this doesn't though. It's hydrating as well, I have dry skin from using acne face products and it glides over them. The ingredients are a little odd, snail secretions?? Ew... If you can get past that it's a great product. The only cons are that I find it does make me look oily after a few hours and does settle in to some lines around my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this contains the -siloxanes that cause cystic outbreaks in so many, me included.
The Light shade was better than Medium but it still appeared ashy and just sat on top of my skin.
Not really complete coverage, more like light coverage.
Nice glowy finish and decent UV protection but cant use something that makes my skin a hot mess like this one did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Me: NC20, dry skin, some redness in cheeks and nose, mildly sensitive skin (esp. on cheeks)

SHORT REVIEW: Great foundation for someone wanting FULL coverage IF you can find a color match (good luck!).

LONG REVIEW...

Coverage: This is true FULL coverage. Much fuller than I expected - I know the name says full but I didn't believe it. I can sheer it out to about medium coverage but still sometimes get too much between eyebrows and it can look cakey. It is thick and VERY pigmented and somewhat tricky to work with. Best method I've found is using fingers then finish with beauty blender. After application because it is full coverage, sometimes I look too "all one color" and "one note" for my preference, and I *have* to highlight and contour to give myself some dimension. There is definitely some green in the product to help cancel redness which is a HUGE plus.

Finish: I would call this a satin finish but I do set it *lightly* with powder. Would be dewier without the powder. Looks dewier throughout day as powder wear off and oil comes through - which is fine with me. May be shiny on oily skin.

Color match: I am a little lighter than NC20. The light is a *little* too dark for me. I'm afraid the "fair" shade will be too light though. Looks OK on my face but definately the dreaded line where face meets neck. I normally wouldn't "knock" a product for not having "my" color but since this is a full coverage product - color match is essential. Four colors is just too limited. I'm writing this review at the very end of winter at my "peak paleness". I'm hoping this will look better this summer.

Lasts: Unlike several reviewers here, I was actually impressed with the staying power. But I do think it kind of "breaks down" instead of just fades away when it does start to wear - that only happens at the END of the day - like nighttime.

Hydration: I have dryskin. Usually lack of hydration and/or emphasizing flaziness is my #1 reason for me nixing a product. I found this with a decent level of hydration. I'm a little drier on my chin lately so I put a little moisturizer under that area. Really pleasantly surprised! Some days by the VERY end of the day, I do FEEL a bit dry but don't look it. If I have flakes, this does make them look worse (most foundations do though - flakes suck!)

Irritation/Scent: I was VERY nervous about the potentially irritating citrus oils in this product. Beautypedia (who I take with grain of salt) slammed this product with a "poor" rating. I have experienced NO sensitivity/irritation. I'm not overly fond of the scent but it goes away very quickly - by the time I have completed my m/u. I have to agree with other review that I can't understand what purpose these ingredients serve in this product marketed to sensitive skin women??? Uber sensitive women beware!

Packaging: I think a pump on a tube is STUPID! Either give me a tube so I can squeeze out every drop or give me a pump on a bottle so I can then turn bottle upside down, remove pump to get every last drop.

Price: Not bad IMO at all since it is an "all-in-one type product. IT site has frequent sales and promotions (sign up for emails). Correction to another review... this tube is 1.08 NOT 1.8 fl oz. Big difference there!

Repurchase??? I'm not sure... I was wanting an all-in one product for quick days and casual days. This IS a great all-in-one product (even has physical s/s which I LOVE!) but... it ISN'T casual since it's full coverage and it really ISN'T quick since I feel the need to highlight and contour to add some dimension to it. I feel like my PC All Bases Covered looks better on me (more skin-like and MUCH better color match) than this CC cream - and is about half the price. I do think this CC has slightly better longevity and isn't quite as moisturizing which could be a plus this summer.

EDIT: I ended up returning. :-(