February 1, 2015 | 2073 users online

BB Cream - It Cosmetics - Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2015 4:24:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation often but decided to give this one a try because the It Cosmetics line is on point. Their eyeliner and concealer and mascara have all impressed me. The foundation applied nicely and looked good but I couldn't get past the lime in the ingredients list: what's the point of having a foundation with SPF if you include something that accelerates the sun damage process? For somebody that wants a good foundation, this is worth a shot, but I just couldn't deal with the citrus. The packaging, however, was great! Very convenient pump tube. I will stick to their Bye Bye Undereye concealer to cover spots and dark circles instead. Also: just because a foundation has SPF in it does not mean you can forego real sunscreen.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2015 3:14:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

Well, I'm glad I tried this in the compact with the one day CC kit from QVC. At first I didn't like this, in the original packing, because the pump distributes too much product & the finish was coming off as way too heavy & mask like. The compact distributes a much smaller amount & two clicks is plenty, which would equal like a quarter amount of the amount that the pump packaging gives out. Alas, the compact only gives about half the amount of full size pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jodiej

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product offers better coverage than most BB and CC creams. My complaint relates to the shade selection. The medium is too light for my warm olive skin and the tan is too dark. I bought it in tan on the recommendation of an Ulta makeup artist. Next time I'll re-purchase Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in ochre, which is a much better match for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lilymariefowler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad that I tried this product! I have very fair, very dry skin and most everything clings to it making me look older and well... bad. I put a lot of thought into purchasing this product because it is the first CC cream I had ever purchased - and I like a full coverage. I have a lot of redness and a bit of acne scarring, so when I finally picked up the product, I was please to find that it covers redness beautifully and minimized the look of my acne scarring with a thin layer. I can go in with extra product or a concealer depending on the coverage I am going for that day. I get a good 8 hours of wear with this product after setting with a SLIGHT dusting of powder to preserve its dewy, luminous finish and then sprayed a setting spray over the top. One of my favorite things about this product is the packaging - a tube (keeps it sanitary) and a pump! All in all, I feel like this is a product you can truly get ANY level of coverage with - you can sheer it out for a light coverage, or you can build it up for a medium-full coverage without looking like a frosted cake. It does not mask the skin whatsoever. When I want a super full coverage, I mix this with a little bit of Estee Lauder Double Wear and it makes it so much more wearable for a dry skinned girl! I do NOT recommend this for oily skins solely due to the truly luminous, moisturizing formula (although I have heard it works well for some with oily skin). Great every day product if you have the money to spend - the only downside to this product in my book. I spent $38 at Ulta, and although it was painful, so far it is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 5:13:00 AM More reviews by susanv3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I plan to keep this one in my makeup routine-- the coverage is medium to full but not cakey, minimizes the look of pores, very light scent and does not irritate my sensitive skin. The color is very natural and the product is loaded with beneficial ingredients. Best of all, the SPF is physical and not chemical which is perfect for my melasma prone skin--it protects while not increasing my brown patches. I can justify the price as one little pump covers my whole face--I absolutely love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using this for over a year now, I've decided to do a new review as I have finished almost 2 tubes of this product.

FIRST OFF: This product is great and has a lot of benefits. What drew me in was the moisturizing effects (snail secretion - very often used in skincare for South Korea). I have dry combination skin so I am interested in things that won't emphasize my dry skin. The UVB *and* UVA protection with SPF50 also drew me in. Awesome!

Now let's get down to it...

This product is great but I would only recommend it for people who have dry/dehydrated skin. The snail secretion makes my skin look glowy and healthy after I apply it, but my friends with super oily skin CANNOT use it. As someone with sensitive skin, this did not break me out despite the light fragrance.

Even with dry skin, this does get a little oily and starts to wipe off during the day, especially in humid/hot weather. I find that using less will prevent that and also setting it. After using this CC cream, a setting powder of some sort is a *must*. I find that with a good powder, I don't need to touch up for 6 hours which is amazing.

I recommend using this CC Cream with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and start with a small layer. This CC cream is great coverage. I have rosacea and this covers all the redness. The coverage is buildable and this brush allows even and thin layers to spread. In fact, I use this as a daily foundation since the coverage is so good with the added SPF benefits.

The pump and the cover makes this CC cream travel-friendly and hygienic. You can control how much you want out which is awesome!

Overall, I remove lippies for the following reasons:
- It is pricey. $38 for one tube, but I have gotten it for cheaper w/ coupons. One tube has however lasted me 5+ months with almost daily use, HOWEVER...
- The color selection sucks. There are 5 colors but none of them work for me. In the winter, "Medium" works well for me (but can be a little light), and in the summer "tan" works well for me (but can be a little dark). The colors jump drastically from one to another. I've combined medium and tan and work from there, but I don't like working with 2 tubes and mixing it for the "right" color.

I recommend, if possible, sampling this first or keep the receipt. This is a very heavy and rich CC cream in terms of moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 8:25:00 PM More reviews by GymGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a month now and I can honestly say my skin has never looked better! My skin has definitely improved in tone and texture. It even looks better when I'm not wearing the CC cream! Absolutely no breakouts from this (and I am super acne prone with very sensitive skin)! I wear Medium shade because I self tan and it blends perfectly with my skin. The coverage is between full and medium. I am 41 and it does NOT settle into my wrinkles. In fact, I've gotten so many complements on my skin since using the CC cream. I LOVE this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jemaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My initial impression after using this for the first time -- the first thing you notice is the smell. Like another reviewer pointed out, the product has a distinct lemony odor. It isn't pleasant, but it doesn't smell horrible either. If you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you. The cream itself had a slightly sticky consistency when I applied it, if that makes sense. I'm used to BB creams that are smooth and apply easily. That being said, the stickiness went away after blending it into my skin. It looks and feels great on my skin now and I like the end result.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 9:35:00 AM More reviews by LBooz16

I REALLY wanted to love this but I didn't:( once applied I could see it everywhere on my face making it very obvious I was wearing makeup. I was just getting over a cold and my nose was a little dry I thought this would help but it made it worse! It did give my skin a little glow but not enough to justify keeping the tube because I already have skincare that does that for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Lakelynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using the IT Cosmetics IT-O2 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen Foundation (what a mouthful! haha) and I love it! However, I felt like I needed a bit more coverage and decided to take a chance on this CC cream. While I can understand the hype about it, I felt like the sunscreen was very irritating for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. The formula is very thick yet blendable and because of this you need to get the right color that matches your skin perfectly. Otherwise it is obvious you are wearing make-up. This product can look natural, but you will need to mix colors, if like me, your skin color changes with the seasons. Overall this CC cream is great for mature or oily/combination skin types and hides discoloration or rosacea very well, but I do not recommend for sensitive skin.