It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

4.1

on 4/29/2015 10:49:00 PM

I have a XL tube (a qvc buy) a regular size tube and I bought a deluxe sample. Needless to say I love this stuff. I travel a bit that's why I have so many tubes of this. It's my go-to when I don't want layer a lot of products. For me it's my moisturizer, sun screen and med cover foundation all in one. However because of the sun screen it doesn't photograph well. It's not super long wearing, about 6-8 hrs, then it kinda breaks up. I can just blend it back with my fingers and the coverage goes back to normal. I'm a NC25-30 in MAC and I wear Medium in this. When I'm lighter this is perfect and if I tan use bronzer to warm it up. Tan was a little unnatural and dark, I couldn't make it work.

on 4/29/2015 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this off and on for about 6 months. Now that the weather is warmer and I'm outside more I've been reaching for it more frequently, mostly because of the sunscreen. But you know what? Darn it-- I really love this stuff. I can slap it on-- and my skin looks good! I have large pores, wrinkles, rosacea, dark spots-- and it gives me decent coverage without caking or looking like a mask. Just glowy enough, and I set it with a translucent setting powder-- very lightly. I'm nw20 and the Light shade works very well.

on 4/29/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love how this product makes my aging dehydrated skin look. Stunning.

on 4/21/2015 8:41:00 PM

I repurchased this a couple of times and I really liked it for the time being. However, it wasn't my HG by any means. It had really great coverage and the color match was decent. It didn't oxidize, which I sometimes struggle with (even when using a primer). However, this often accentuated dry patches and was sometimes hard to apply. It isn't worth it for the price, it's expensive.

on 4/14/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I love this. I originally got is as part of a kit on QVC or HSN (I forget which one). The BB Cream is my favorite item out of the set. I reordered it when I ran out directly from the It Cosmetics site. I don't wear this all the time, but I use it a lot and it is perfect for those days when I want a shortened beauty routine and a nature look (with a little glow). I can skip sunscreen and just use this. This has good SPF in it, but when I'm going to be outside more, I prefer to wear a sunscreen with a separate foundation over it. This is such an easy product to use. I apply it all over my face and on my neck and top it off with loose powder or sometimes a powder foundation depending on the coverage I want. I've tried a good number of BB creams (I'm more of a foundation person), and this is by far my favorite. I'm very fair with drier skin (drier as I've gotten deeper into my 40s), and this works really well for me in the fair shade. Highly recommended.

on 4/9/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this so much!! The coverage is AMAZING. it applies so well (I pat onto face with my hands) but it broke me out 😞

on 4/4/2015 2:20:00 PM

I bought this knowing it would give me a more natural looking face. It does that but what I wasn't expecting was that it made me so shiny and dewy I looked greasy. The color was nice. It had a nice scent to it. But I couldn't take the grease face! I tried setting it with matte powders and it just didn't work. I returned this to ulta. I think it has little bits of glitter in it to make a shimmer effect. I can't imagine how greasy the new illuminating one would make a girl!! You could cook some eggs on someone's face with this!!

on 3/30/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It very very heavy!

on 3/20/2015 11:55:00 AM

I decided to try this based on user reviews and also the advice of a consultant at Ulta. I am so glad I tried this! It is definitely the best product I have found to put on my skin that does not feel like makeup or foundation.

I hate wearing foundation and I think it makes most peoples complexions look worse whether young or old. I like real skin to be visible. This product is amazing, it looks like a foundation in your hand but smooths on beautifully and feels so wonderful on your face. I love how it really does look like your skin but better!

I read a review of this on Beautypedia, Paula Begoun's website and was shocked at the poor rating and review. I usually agree with her and respect her advice but I have to disagree with her on this one! I purchased a couple of CC or BB creams she recommends and I thought they were horrible!

Oh well, thankfully I have found this and will continue to use it. I do not find it irritating at all and my skin is sensitive. Interestingly, some of the products recommended by Begoun have irritated my skin, so I am realizing that everybody is different and what may irritate one person's skin just might be fine for someone else.

I have used this for many months now and my skin is feeling great! the sunscreen is awesome; I use and love Paula's Resist Super-Light Daily Defense (Which I absolutely love and will never stop using!) and this product goes over it beautifully and I am assured that I am getting very good sun protection with these two products. They work together so well and result in a matte, true skin-like finish that resists oil all day yet keeps skin hydrated and moisturized at the same time! Awesome!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had been trying out samples of different CC & BB creams with higher SPF since I wanted some built-in protection for spring and summer. I decided, without sampling, to go ahead and get this one after hearing so many good things. The fact that it's SPF 50 also really appeals to me, as that's the highest SPF in a BB or CC cream I've ever come across.
I'm very, very pale and the lightest shade is a pretty decent color match for me. It's fairly neutral, not too pink, not too yellow, which I appreciate.
It blends very easily. Personally, I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend this in. It has a very smooth texture.
Right now, the temperature where I live has been ranging from below the 30s to the high 40s, so I don't get too oily with this, but I have yet to see how it will fare when we have warmer weather.
My only qualm is the smell - it has sort of this rotten, floral scent to it. I have sensitive skin, but the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin, so I can get past it.
The coverage is great. I'm lucky to have good skin at the moment so I prefer a lighter coverage, and I would say this is a light-leaning-toward-medium coverage on me.
I would absolutely repurchase this.