It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

on 5/14/2015 3:23:00 PM

This product (the original, non-illuminating version) has gotten so much hype that I was almost afraid to try it. If I loved it, I would kick myself for taking so long to try it. If I hated it, then I'd wonder what is wrong with me? Yes, I realize I sound like a teenager trying to fit in at a new school. But the verdict is, I think it is nothing special. I got it in Fair, which seems fine, possibly a tad too light, for my N/NW10-15 skin. I bought the travel size, which is TINY. It is .4 oz. for $15.

PROS: The citrusy, fresh fragrance. This has been a negative for some people, but I really like it, and the SPF50+. This is very important to me. I am in the process of moving to Tampa, but I have been fearful of the sun's damaging effects for a long time.

CONS: Doesn't cover redness, blur lines or minimize pores, no oil control, looks too "made up" (i.e. not really natural looking).

So I'm glad I only committed to the travel size. However, I am interested in trying the illuminating version. That might address some of my concerns with the original version.

on 5/14/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I recently purchased the CC+ Illumination in medium looking for a higher end, light, fresh coverage for spring/summer and I remember seeing some great reviews for it. I have very oily skin but I'm not a fan of the thick/matte look that most products leave me with. This product went on great with amazing coverage for a CC cream! There's a bit of a fragrance to it but it's not terrible. It definitely blended in and covered my flaws very well and with some setting powder and occasional blots, it left me with a beautiful glow-y and healthy looking without looking like I smeared lard all over my face. HOWEVER, the only thing that broke the deal was that my skin has a very yellow undertone and their shades are quite cool toned so needless to say, although I thought the product was amazing, my this product and my face will no longer be working together. Dry to normal skin with cool undertones: have at it and enjoy! Warm undertone people: best of luck looking for another product!

on 5/13/2015 3:22:00 PM

I have acne prone skin, and as someone who is very insecure about these breakouts as an adult, I gravitate heavily towards full coverage liquid foundations. After trying a slew of them (Clinque, Tarte), I decided to try this one completely on a whim.

It's great. The coverage and color correcting rather remarkable. It goes on dew-y, so I usually have to use a setting powder over it. I love how it makes my skin look, and the before and after would be reason enough for you all to go out an buy it.

Because I am so acne prone, I was also very, very impressed with the fact that it didn't make breakouts any worse than they already are (which Tarte's Amazonian Clay did BIG time).

Biggest drawback is that it does not stay all day. If I pull my phone away from my face (after powder and Urban Decay's setting spray), I still have a foundation smudge. I'm relatively newish to the makeup game, so perhaps I need to try a different power (Neutragena's).

It's a great product. I would buy again. However, it's stay power is what causes me to hesitate a tad.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really wanted this to work for me. No matter how hard I tried or what I did, I couldn't get this to consistently look good on my face. The lightest color available is surprisingly dark, and looks unnatural on me. In addition to that it likes to grab on to dry patches and looks scaly if I haven't moisturized enough, but manages to wiggle into the pores on my nose after a few hours if I do moisturize really well. I tried to mix it with a BB cream (Covergirl CG smoothers) to lighten up the color and help keep dryness at bay, but then it didn't last as long but the color was perfect. Then I tried mixing the two and adding a setting powder, and I looked scaly again. The list goes on and on and on, I literally tried for months to get it to work. Reason being, I love that it has so much SPF, the texture feels really nice and light, perfect amount of coverage for me, and the packaging is great. The price is decent because although the tube looks small a little product goes a long way and it lasts ages. Buuuut it just didn't look good consistently. I think this would be a great choice with medium toned normal skin, if you're thinking about buying it I would try in store first.

on 5/12/2015 10:33:00 AM

I love this stuff. Full coverage, one step, lasts all day... and I work outside in the sun so I need and appreciate the physical sunscreen. I have to finish it with powder but I have to do that with everything. It makes any redness disappear and brightens up the under eye area unbelievably! Fair is a perfect match for me.

on 4/29/2015 10:49:00 PM

I have a XL tube (a qvc buy) a regular size tube and I bought a deluxe sample. Needless to say I love this stuff. I travel a bit that's why I have so many tubes of this. It's my go-to when I don't want layer a lot of products. For me it's my moisturizer, sun screen and med cover foundation all in one. However because of the sun screen it doesn't photograph well. It's not super long wearing, about 6-8 hrs, then it kinda breaks up. I can just blend it back with my fingers and the coverage goes back to normal. I'm a NC25-30 in MAC and I wear Medium in this. When I'm lighter this is perfect and if I tan use bronzer to warm it up. Tan was a little unnatural and dark, I couldn't make it work.

on 4/29/2015 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this off and on for about 6 months. Now that the weather is warmer and I'm outside more I've been reaching for it more frequently, mostly because of the sunscreen. But you know what? Darn it-- I really love this stuff. I can slap it on-- and my skin looks good! I have large pores, wrinkles, rosacea, dark spots-- and it gives me decent coverage without caking or looking like a mask. Just glowy enough, and I set it with a translucent setting powder-- very lightly. I'm nw20 and the Light shade works very well.

on 4/29/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love how this product makes my aging dehydrated skin look. Stunning.

on 4/21/2015 8:41:00 PM

I repurchased this a couple of times and I really liked it for the time being. However, it wasn't my HG by any means. It had really great coverage and the color match was decent. It didn't oxidize, which I sometimes struggle with (even when using a primer). However, this often accentuated dry patches and was sometimes hard to apply. It isn't worth it for the price, it's expensive.

on 4/14/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I love this. I originally got is as part of a kit on QVC or HSN (I forget which one). The BB Cream is my favorite item out of the set. I reordered it when I ran out directly from the It Cosmetics site. I don't wear this all the time, but I use it a lot and it is perfect for those days when I want a shortened beauty routine and a nature look (with a little glow). I can skip sunscreen and just use this. This has good SPF in it, but when I'm going to be outside more, I prefer to wear a sunscreen with a separate foundation over it. This is such an easy product to use. I apply it all over my face and on my neck and top it off with loose powder or sometimes a powder foundation depending on the coverage I want. I've tried a good number of BB creams (I'm more of a foundation person), and this is by far my favorite. I'm very fair with drier skin (drier as I've gotten deeper into my 40s), and this works really well for me in the fair shade. Highly recommended.