April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Pore Minimiser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

This is a bit like a serum in texture. It leaves my skin which is spotty and bumpy smooth. However, its not serum like enough to be one, and although its a bit moisturising its not moisturising enough to be good at that either. Did not help my spots or minimise my pores but feels quite nice on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know why so many people don't like this?!

I use it as a primer, and it does it's job really really good!
My skin is combinated, so my T-zone gets slightly oily and are prone to breakouts.

Normally when I get home from school (about 8-9 hours wear), my foundation and concealer seems not to be there anymore. However when I use this, it's deffintly a lot better.
Even tho my skin isn't the most oily, I can get oily (as I said) in my t-zone, but this primer keeps my face really mat.

I love this, and will deffintly recommend!

- btw. my skin is extremely sensitive, and no breakouts from using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this as a primer. I use tea tree oil on my skin anyway, and this feels fresh and clean when I put in on before my makeup. It does reduce pores a little bit, but mostly I like the fresh feeling it leaves on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really hate myself for buying this it was SO expensive (around $38NZD) and it does hardly anything.

DO NOT BUY

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The price is not worth the product. It is meant to be a primer but I feel that it does not do its job at all. When I apply this I feel my face slightly burning, maybe that is the tea tree oil. This comes in a squeeze out tube which is hygienic and all but the product (gel consistency) is not really working for me.

I used this when I had bad cystic acne back then and thought that this would help because I rather use products that will help my acne and not apply some other primers that are of chemicals and such. However this product is just an average product for me. It doesn't really do anything.

It has the smell of tea tree. Does not irritate me at all but sometimes I find that the scent is too strong. It does fade away after you apply foundation or BB cream on top of it. However do not put this primer near your eye area! It will burn because it has tea tree oil! I was taught the hard way because I forgot that this has tea tree.

Does not prolong my makeup in any way. Does not make me oily. Just a regular product which I do not mind skipping for my foundation routine.

Will not repurchase because I feel that there are better products out there like CC creams to use as a makeup base.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Umm well so far it seems to be a bit affective. Not a huge difference but I like how my skin feels after I use it. It doesn't necessarily do what it says but I still like it a lot and recommend everyone to try it and see If it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me. I felt it had absolutely no effect on my face or pores. I gave it away to my friend since she wanted to try it and seemed to be the only person who enjoys it. The price tag is pretty pricey for such a small tube so I definitely recommend on getting this on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by yellowpanda372

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me. I have pretty oily skin and this did not control my oil at all. It was basically the same. It also did not minimize the appearance of pores also. The product did however apply smoothly, with a nice herbal scent. I felt it was also moisturizing. The packaging was nice and hygienic, as it comes in a tube that you have to squirt out. Overall I felt the product did nothing at all, will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

Got exactly the same comments as calooza below.

Not effective in minimizing pores, contain alcohol and silicon, and does not control oil at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by calooza

This is supposed to be a treatment and a primer.
It claims to minimise the appearence of pores, matifying the skin and control the oils. It also claims to be an ideal base for makeup.

It has a silicon consistency, as most primers have. it has a strong scent of tea tree, but i find it quite pleasant.
It feels really nice on the skin, it spreads easily and gives a matte finish.

The reason i gave it just one lippie it's because of it's lack of efectiveness... it doesn't minimise the appearence of pores what so ever, unless you have almost invisible pores already. Also, it doesn't control the oils. So i don't see a point of using it, because it doesn't add anything to me... So i wasted 12 euros on this stuff.

For the price, there are so much better options out there, even cheaper..

It didn't break me out, but the amount of tea tree in this product will not give you prevention or treatment to your blemishes. It's too low...

Also, it has alcohol, and it's in second on the ingredients list, which is a lot... So, definitely not recommended for sensitive skin types. Even for oily skin, alcohol irritates the skin, makes it produce more oil, and can make large pores worse. so be carefull

Overall, it doesn't worth the investment..at all. I can't really understand all the hype about this product...