April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

BB Cream - Supergoop! - Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

A brief background on my skin: sensitive, acne-prone, recovering from a horrible breakout that was cystic, dark complexioned (equivalent to NW46 or 47 give or take), oily comb skin. I had a coupon for Ulta and I was on a search for the Vichy or LRP mineral sunscreen. I know that mineral sunscreen is not recommended for my skin type because it leaves a white cast but frankly my skin cannot tolerate chemical based sunscreen at all. No matter who makes it, my skin breaks out regardless. Unfortunately the Ulta location I went to ran out of both (how odd) so I picked this one up. I picked the darkest shade and even that was a joke on my face. It still left a white cast on my face but I covered it up by using a face powder that was bismuth-free powder. It never adjusted to my skin tone, even after an hour. This cream contains mica but it didn't make my face look greasy or highlight the bad texture of my skin. What I liked about this sunscreen/CC cream is that it actually helps dry out any active acne I have on my face. Makes sense since zinc oxide does the same for a diaper rash. It doesn't make me itch or break out. It does make my face dry but it will come in handy when summer comes around when I am a grease pit. I would purchase again. Recommending it, that is another question.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

20% ZINC OXIDE. 2% TITANIUM DIOXIDE. That's all I needed to read to be SOLD.

Ladies. If you are into sun protection, you need this. Physical sunblock is the best and you cannot beat the zinc oxide content.

Coverage is buildable so you can do both light and heavy looks with this. I blend mine with a beauty blender sponge.

My only gripe is the shade. I have olive undertones, and the light shade is too dark. To fix this I mix it with a zinc based sunblock. This lightens it to match my skin.

Studies have shown that chemical SPF can actually age your skin. So if you are using chemical based sunblocks you need to switch to physical sunblock - aka titanium dioxide and zinc. Also you would have to apply 16x more foundation to get the desired SPF. So do not use this alone. (Use it to enhance your SPF coverage). I apply Shieshedo SPF 50 Face sunblock underneath this (it has 19% zinc). If you need a cheaper drugstore alternative - Coppertone Sensitive Skin faces has a similar product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by shoedivas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product because I love the spray on sunscreen, but this was a disaster for my face! I purchased this for use during a 2 week vacation to an island. The color was fine and adjusted to my skin color (I got the darker color), texture was fine...its a bit thick so a little goes a long way. Coverage was very good. I loved everything about it and especially that it is waterproof. BUT, after using it for a week my face was broken out all over! I normally never get break outs on my forehead, but this product broke out my entire face. I immediately stop using it and my face did clear up quickly. I'll have to study the ingredients to see if I can figure out the irritant and avoid it. I have never had a product break out my entire face. If it doesn't break you out and clog your pores, it can be a great product for some. This is going back to Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though i gave this three lippies, i really like this CC cream. i have light-medium skin and this does go on dark but once smoothed in it adjusts to my skin color perfectly, if not even lighter than my natural skin, so i like it. i have terrible oily yet dehydrated skin with large pores, and when i wear this people think im not wearing makeup or they comment on how even and clear my skin looks. it is not moisturizing at all though so if you have dry skin i dont think i would recommend it. the first time i used it i thought it was such a dry formula. but i have become thankful for that as i dont get as oily during the day, i personally rarely need to use moisturizer underneath, only in the fall when the weather cools and my skin flakes like crazy. it is very easy to blend and only at the end of my sample (i had two generous samples which i used for like two months), did i need to worry about blending, because the end of it was kind of a thicker consistency. but hey it was a small thing not the full size packaging so i dont know how it will behave in there. anyway as much as i love it, i cant rate it higher because i am not sure if it clogs my pores or dries my skin out or not. the last month i have been stressed and sleeping very badly and my skin has been breaking out, but i go through these phases every once in a while so im never completely sure what the issue is or whats to blame. my forehead though has gotten very bumpy and they arent pimples, i assume they are clogged pores or something, its a new problem which i dont think ive ever had, so basically i imagine its coincidence or the cc cream was gradually clogging or maybe drying my skin so it clogs easier. my skin is the type that needs daily exfoliation in order to feel smooth and i also stopped using my favorite exfoliator tatcha gentle enzymes and tried another well rated one called vasanti brighten up enzymatic face rejuvenator which also could have clogged my skin so i stopped using that and went back to tatcha. i ran out of my cc samples so its hard to say, but when i get a discount to buy it (this is expensive) and my skin has cleared sufficiently of these clogs, i will update this review. at the end of the day i think anyone with normal to oily skin should give it a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by blp1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Okay so this is my first review ever for any make-up. I know how new CC creams are pretty new to the US market and I wanted to say that I sampled 3 different brands. Hands down Supergoop tops these 3 high end CC creams. I have oily T-Zone and do not like anything on my face that makes it look shiny or feel oily. Well I tried Juice Beauty and leaves my faces greasy and shiny. The smell is great and that's about it. But it has some great ingredients in it. Also I have tried PeterThomasRoth CC Cream and its okay, has some okay coverage, but leaves a very sticky almost tacky feel to my face and only lasts about 3-4 hours if that. Don't like that at all. Even if you don't have my skin type, I really think that this CC Cream from Supergoop is all around and I'm so happy I bought trial in everything to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I bought the trials off of Ebay and would highly suggest this. Supergoop is pricey as well as the others, but going by the ingrediants. The better of all 3 again is Supergoop.
SUPERGOOP is the best. I tried these products with trial size samples for about 2 weeks just to make sure. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best tinted moisturizer/foundation/BB/CC I've ever used! The light/medium is perfect for my NC25 skin. It's about the same as nars TM in Alaska, but more neutral/less yellow. The website says they're adding a lighter shade before the holidays. The coverage on this is about the same as nars, which I would consider light in foundation terms. It is matte with just enough shine to look non-powdery ( not much!). I can't imagine anyone needing powder with this, and it lasts well for me. But, it hasn't dried my combo skin out at all (like revlon's nearly naked did over time). I have tendency towards flakey skin and this hasn't emphasized that for me like foundations do. This has a primer-like finish that does an amazing job smoothing over pores and wrinkles (this is major for me as my skin is less than perfect!). It feels velvety to the touch. You hardly have blend it at all-I dab it on with a sponge in a beautyblender fashion. Removal is easy at the end of the day. The best part is the non-chemical spf 35 which is hard to find in a product that doesn't look pastey. No breakouts or irritation for me and I have touchy skin. It's not cheap, but you are getting 1.6 oz as opposed to the normal 1 oz amount of other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, too dark and orangey for my nc20 skin tone. When I first pat it on it seems like the color will be ok but it immediately starts to oxidize. I use LRP Tinted Mineral which is actually pretty close to this in color, but I think I can get away with the LRP because it is much more sheer and doesn't turn darker once on the skin. Supergoop CC is much thicker and opaque than the tinted mineral sunscreens I'm used to, thus it gives a lot more coverage. Contains 'xane' cones if that's a problem for you. They really need to make a 'fair' shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so wanted this to work because I really loved this one...sadly the lightest shade was still too dark (this only comes in two shades). I thought maybe I could get away with it for the summer until my daughter asked me in the car why my face was darker than the rest of me..lol. I'm about an NC20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I had received a sample of this several months ago from Birchbox. I had been searching for the right formula BB cream for me but to no avail. Along comes this CC cream and it is PERFECT for my dry skin. Although it doesnt moisturize my skin it works well after letting my moisturizer set in. It is thick but it blends easily and adjusts to my skin tone perfectly like it says it will do. I have light skin (MAC NC25) and the color I use is "Light to Medium self adjusting shade". I have been using this all summer because of the decent SPF of 35. I love that it is paraben & fragrance free. Overall this is an outstanding medium coverage foundation that I will be a loyal user of as long as they make it. Supergoop! is awesome. Check them out. (I think it's $32 by the way...not a bad price at all. Ive been dishing out $55 for Chanel and it only has an spf of 10)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this CC cream, but the light shade is not a good color match for my fair/light skin. I will write my review based on everything but the color, because if you can get a match, I would recommend this product.

This CC cream goes on matte and stays matte all day, even on my combo-oily skin. I have patches on my chin which get red and flaky easily and this CC cream did not exacerbate the issue, as many products do. It covered up my redness well and generally did not emphasize my dry spots, though on days where I had flakiness, it did show. I wore this on days with high humidity and days where it was 105 out and it stayed in place without melting or getting splotchy. Most days I smoothed it on with my fingers, but it also worked well with a brush. (I like the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush.) It does not moisturize and I wore it over a moisturizer on days when I needed moisture. It's a little stiff and doesn't blend quickly, but it does blend well.

I'm disappointed in the color range and the fact that the light shade was a touch too dark for my fair/light skin. If it had been a better match, this would be my summer foundation for sure.