September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Hair Color - Kao Liese - Chiffon Beige

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE
Couldn't take this colour for more than 3 weeks before recolouring my hair. The colour was just...ugly. I recoloured my hair with Liese's Ash Brown, and very happy with that - it feels good to have my almost natural colour again and being able to wear more makeup and still look good. I was afraid of getting a green tinge in my hair, but I seem to not have one.
The yellow colour just looked... not fresh, if you know what I mean. It kinda reminds me of dried grass + lighter hair has a tendency to not look as shiny as darker. Anyway: back to my own colour, my hair feels nice, although I've coloured it approximately 3 times the last 4 months. Will continue to use Liese :)
END OF UPDATE
It's the second time colouring my hair With Liese Bubble Dye. What I love about it is that it doesn't give a lot of damage - my hair still feels silky and all. The only thing you feel a little is that right after colouring, if you touch your hair against the direction it grows, it catches up on your finger a little easier - it's because the cuticles of the hair aren't lying fully flat (because of ammonia). Usually, on me this disappears over time. I like that my hair doesn't feel dehydrated or frizzy though, which is kinda strange. I have had hair dyes that make my hair very dry after a while - this does, for some reason, not seem to do that... Else, the dye is very easy touseand colours my hair very evenly and the regrowth doesn't show at all. I hold the dye in for the maximum recommended time: 45 minutes, although the RECOMMENDED time is 20-30 minutes. I just absolutely want to make sure my hair is evenly coloured. One package of this dye is enough for hair that is about 30 cm long from the neck, medium thickness.
The smell of this is... whoa. You better colour your hair somewhere with good ventilation because the ammonia in this will smell up the whole room and make it a little difficult to breathe. I would recommend doin a skin patch test first (although I didn't, as I know I haven't had problems with similar products) - not everyone can handle ammonia well - some get bad side effects from it.
Why I gave this hair colour a 4 is because of the colour itself. It's, unfortunately, very true to the colour on the box, which in itself is good, but the colour is... not pretty. It's a blend between yellow, orange and light brown. It's not patchy - it's the same colour all over - it's just a slightly ugly colour. Seriously, if you're wondering about buying this because it's the lightest colour Liese offers, you might want to think twice.
If you think "I might be able to pull it of...?". Stop right there! You need to WANT to have orangy browny yellow hair - else you might dislike the colour outcome of this. As this colour is quite yellow, it will wash out most people and it's more difficult to choose the right makeup for your face too when you have such a hair colour. You better have neutral, NOT very yellow, NOT pink skin undertone. If you have very yellow skin, your whole face + hair will be yellow-toned, and it will look like you have a yellow lamp shining on you. If your skin is pink, this colour might nok look very flattering. Also, you better not have bad blue/green undereye circles, because when your hair colour gets so close to your skin colour as this does, dark circles will be more prominent.
If you decide to choose this colour anyway you have several choices:
1) having dark hair and not keeping this in for very long - like 20-25 minutes might lighten your hair without giving you the strange orange-yellow colour
2) have another hair colour ready in case anything goes wrong / you hate this colour
3) have a purple shampoo and conditioner ready to turn this into a cool light brown colour
4) just be OK with whatever hair colour you have / like this colour / wait a few days and get used to it
All of this doesn't mean that no one will manage to look good with this hair colour - Emma Watson has had such a hair colour quite a lot of the time.
I will include some pictures of other people here that got the same hair colour as me after using this - the colour looks different in different lighting. If you have any questions about dying your hair with Liese hair colour, you can message me - I'm on MUA every day :]