September 17, 2014 | 2133 users online

Styling Products - Marc Anthony - Dream Wave Beach Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Overall this is a great product. It holds waves in your hair the whole day. It smells amazing, like coconuts. The price is fair I got mine for $12. The packaging is effective and pretty. To use I take a shower before I go to bed and then do two French braids, in the morning just spray the product in.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by skeletalremains

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate it. My hair is fine and straight and I like using a 'beach spray' to give it some texture and just to mess it up. This made it limp and flat and unwashed looking. The overwhelming fake coconut smell is my second most hated scent (my first, if you're curious, is that rotting melon smell perfumers were so big on in the '90's) and that didn't help. I suppose because I hate the scent it just keeps lingering, and lingering and I can't escape it now. Anyway, for me, all downside, no upside.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dream Waves Beach Spray by Marc Anthony is a spray in hair product designed to give you a tousled sexy wavy beach hair look without the harsh wind, sun, and salt water. I received this in my Ipsy Glam Bag in a generous sample size (travel sized 45 ml.) The full size is 125 ml for $8.99. This has the most wonderful tropical coconut scent when you apply it. It can be used on damp or dry hair, SImply spray, scrunch, and let it set for a sexy beachy bouncy wavy loose hairdo. This really did work as it claimed to. I used this on damp hair and let it dry. This did give my straight fine hair volume and waves. They didn't hold as well as I wanted them to though and it relaxed into just barely wavy hair within a couple of hours. I resprayed and rescrunched to boost it back into shape. A couple of hours later it still lost a lot of the waves and body. The one thing it did do was give my hair crazy texture. I could have attempted any style and it would have held as this was some major texturizer for my baby fine hair. On the downside of that, it felt dry and like straw and it looked dry and lifeless too as it lost it's bounce and swing with the texture. I will use this up for the rest of the summer but I don't think this is something I will be purchasing. I think for some people with a different hair texture than mine this is going to be a wonderful can't live without it product. I really loved the coconut scent, which was only present in the wet spray, once it dried there was no residual coconut or tropical scent at all. I would have liked to have had some residual scent left though. This product was really good and did what it claims to but it didn't hold for long so only 3 lippies for that. Sorry this simply isn't for me. I have friends that love this product and it works great for them and we all agreed we love the scent - it definitely screams OH YES IT'S SUMMERTIME!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by madorno81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved it i have wavy and curly hair and i spritz on my wet hair let it air dry and its pretty good w the waves and curls i had def will purchase :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by gblancha

HORRIBLE. This product was SO disappointing. I have very straight, semi thick, colored hair, and this did absolutely nothing to my hair. It says right on the box "created for straight or wavy hair types" so I thought this would give my hair some nice waves without the curling iron. After the shower, I sprayed this all over like the box suggested and used a diffuser to dry it. First impression was that I loved the smell, and as I was using the diffuser it seemed to be working. However, the more my hair dried, the more it fell straight. By the time my hair was completely dry, it was back to pin straight. I'm disappointed, I've always had very very straight hair and have always wanted that beachy wave curl. Will be returning this product to try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by RosieLouMelon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. For reference, I have thick, coarse, dry, wavy hair. I spray this liberally allover my just washed hair and scrunch up a few times here or there while my hair dries. My hair has bounce and style as though I just ran a thick barreled curling iron through it. Some parts of my hair are a bit flyaway, so I do have to apply a wax/texture balm over it, but that's about it. It saves me A LOT of styling time for everyday, and the best part about it...the curls last until the next day...looks like sexy just out of bed curls. LOVE IT! I only started using it a few days ago, so not sure how drying it is, but so far...I'm hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kcallz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I actually really liked this product! It works well on my hair and gives me nice waves. I have thick, coarse and dry hair that has some curl to it and I used it right after I showered and just scrunched my hair a bit and let it air dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had a few decades of using beach wave sprays and this is the worst for what it costs. I have blonde fine hair with slight wave....average volume and this does NOTHING....NADA. The only good thing about it is the smell which doesn't last either. I've tried it a number of ways and it just does not work. False promises at their best. Total waste of money. Got2B Beach Trippin' is far better for less than half the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by outtasteam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN PRODUCT

I usually like Marc Anthony products but this one was a joke. I have thick, coarse, heavy, dense layers. I used the product as advised. I spritzed it in wet hair and let it air dry. What a joke? My hair had only a tint of a wave, but I can achieve the same effects with other styling products for about half the cost of this.
I am returning the product and will never purchase this again

Sorry, this was a bummer product at $9.00.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by krstnl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about this product was that it smelled good &it gave me a bit of volume.. Otherwise, it was a total bust. I have pretty thick, straight, asian hair so I know that it would be hard for me to find a sea salt spray that would work well for me, but I was so disappointed in this. I've tried using this with my hair dry &towel dried/still wet. I literally had to spray this into my hair 20 times for some small, barely there waves to show up &the texture of my hair turned disgusting &uncomfortable. This was also expensive even though I got in on sale &I don't recommend this to anyone unless you want hair that smells good.