Marc Anthony Dream Wave Beach Spray

2.7

on 5/1/2015 10:17:00 PM

I'm always looking for a new beach wave spray. I have some natural waves overall and love not having to dry my hair in the some time so a good spray followed by scrunching gives me the tousled look I love.

It works well overall but I don't love the smell, it's a chemical coconut smell that doesn't wow me. I have half a bottle left then I'll be searching for something new.

Ok but I'm sure there's better out there that smells great.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received this in a subscription box and felt it was great for summertime, "get out of the shower and go" hair. The scent is so yummy, very beach-y and coconut-ish. I wouldn't use this product alone to create a "beach-wave" effect, but rather in conjunction with a few other products to help achieve the effect. I was surprised this is so inexpensive ($7ish?) for a decent sized bottle. I am definitely planning on repurchasing!

on 1/27/2015 1:07:00 AM

Was absolutely a waste of money I followed the instructions on the box and my hair was straight, crispy texture as like the feeling of hair spray would not recommend.

on 1/9/2015 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have 2B hair, I was hoping to achieve a more wavy tousled hair. This product is a complete waste of money. It makes my hair flat and limp.

on 10/20/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this on my daughter's thick, wavy hair. I've used better products and this seemed average, but the only reason I would purchase this again is because of the smell. It captures the perfect pina colada scent!! I like to just barely spritz this over my hair (not enough to use it as a product) just for the scent alone. My girls say, "Mom, Pina Colada me!" Then they go off to school with sweet smelling hair.

on 10/14/2014 9:03:00 PM

The only thing that works for my hair, just don't overdo it!! I have fine wavy hair that curls easily, this really enhances my hair and smells awesome! Do not comb wet wavy or curly hair, finger comb in shower and let hair clump up! Spray a Leave in at the bottom, beach waves all over and scrunch w a microfiber towel. Do not touch your hair until fully dry!! At that point you can scrunch out any stiffness and fluff at the scalp/tease. That's jut what works for me!

on 9/24/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was not impressed with this beach spray. I felt as though it didn't dry completely in my hair and made it feel muddy and coarse. Maybe I didn't dry it enough, but the rest of my hair felt completely dry. I have 1b, straight hair and I used beach sprays for volume and texture. I can't say that it gave me as much volume, or at least lasting volume, like others have. It also made my hair look really dull compared to other beach sprays I've used. I'll stick to my Sexy Hair Soy Renewal spray.

on 8/13/2014 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Overall this is a great product. It holds waves in your hair the whole day. It smells amazing, like coconuts. The price is fair I got mine for $12. The packaging is effective and pretty. To use I take a shower before I go to bed and then do two French braids, in the morning just spray the product in.

Hate it. My hair is fine and straight and I like using a 'beach spray' to give it some texture and just to mess it up. This made it limp and flat and unwashed looking. The overwhelming fake coconut smell is my second most hated scent (my first, if you're curious, is that rotting melon smell perfumers were so big on in the '90's) and that didn't help. I suppose because I hate the scent it just keeps lingering, and lingering and I can't escape it now. Anyway, for me, all downside, no upside.

on 7/5/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Dream Waves Beach Spray by Marc Anthony is a spray in hair product designed to give you a tousled sexy wavy beach hair look without the harsh wind, sun, and salt water. I received this in my Ipsy Glam Bag in a generous sample size (travel sized 45 ml.) The full size is 125 ml for $8.99. This has the most wonderful tropical coconut scent when you apply it. It can be used on damp or dry hair, SImply spray, scrunch, and let it set for a sexy beachy bouncy wavy loose hairdo. This really did work as it claimed to. I used this on damp hair and let it dry. This did give my straight fine hair volume and waves. They didn't hold as well as I wanted them to though and it relaxed into just barely wavy hair within a couple of hours. I resprayed and rescrunched to boost it back into shape. A couple of hours later it still lost a lot of the waves and body. The one thing it did do was give my hair crazy texture. I could have attempted any style and it would have held as this was some major texturizer for my baby fine hair. On the downside of that, it felt dry and like straw and it looked dry and lifeless too as it lost it's bounce and swing with the texture. I will use this up for the rest of the summer but I don't think this is something I will be purchasing. I think for some people with a different hair texture than mine this is going to be a wonderful can't live without it product. I really loved the coconut scent, which was only present in the wet spray, once it dried there was no residual coconut or tropical scent at all. I would have liked to have had some residual scent left though. This product was really good and did what it claims to but it didn't hold for long so only 3 lippies for that. Sorry this simply isn't for me. I have friends that love this product and it works great for them and we all agreed we love the scent - it definitely screams OH YES IT'S SUMMERTIME!