April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar-Night

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by rhbrand

Ok, I've tried Philosophy products a couple times before and usually I've not been to impressed. But my skin has started to change now that I'm in my 40s, so I thought, what the heck. People I know gave this a good review, and I was looking for a good night cream, so I tried it.
Its pretty good. Leaves my face feeling pretty moisturised in the morning. No, I don't see any changes in my skin, but at least its not gotten worse.
I'm not sure I will get it again. Maybe, but I'm not sure. I'll probably keep on the lookout for the perfect skin care line for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am sensitive to 98% of creams/lotions on the martket (for face)... Prior to this I was using a Korean brand called MIZON, snail mucus...

I was apprehensive about using this night cream at first. I did not want to wake up oily, greasy and filled with pimples. Fortunately, this cream is AMAZING. It absorbs quickly, it smells like nothing, it is SUPER amazing to say the least. People always find some shit to complain about regardless but this review is coming from someone who is so sensitive, the wrong cream will set a bunch of breakouts.

My face has no acne on it but if I were to put something greasy on, it'll formulate quickly. This stuff is smooth and has a goey texture which kinda scared me at first... thick consistency!

I love this stuff and because of hope in a jar oil-free, I have become a fan of Philosophy. I love it so much a week after receiving my first hope in a jar, I hoarded and got 6 more for backup!

Definitely give this product a try and you will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this after using up a deluxe sample from Sephora. For reference I have normal/combo aging skin with fine lines, breakout prone, and very sensitive. I was very hesitant about using this since I have never been able to use an AHA without a bad reaction, but I use it every other night (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night on the other nights) with no issues. I have used it for 2 months and have had no breakouts and in fact my breakouts and clogged pores have been greatly reduced. Not sure that it has taken away any fine lines, but my face is much smoother. I have normal/combo oily skin and this is moisturizing enough for a night cream. Kind of waxy feeling going on, but soaks in rapidly. Slight tingle and redness, but only for about 5 minutes. Cost is outrageous for what it is, but it takes only a pea size so the 2 oz jar should last about 5 months. Not happy about the jar packaging, and would prefer that it came in a tube like my deluxe sample. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MaigeAda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me the Philosophy skin care gift set for Christmas that included HIAJ Day and Night cream, Purity cleanser, Microdelivery Exfoliating wash, and the "resurfacing kit" - a peptide micropeel duo. So far (haven't tied the resurfacing kit yet) HIAJ Night cream is my least favorite of the set.

I've only used the cream two or three times, but I find it way too heavy. I wouldn't recommend for oily skin. It doesn't seem like the cream absorbs into my skin very well - when I wash my face in the morning, I can feel a gel-like film wash off of my face. I'm not really sure if this intended of the cream or if it's a good thing because it makes me question if the cream is actually moisturizing my skin. I also don't really like the idea of a film just laying on my face throughout the night.

I gave the packaging a 4 because I do like having the jar container. I like the control I have over how much/little cream I want to use. Being able to scrape out the "left-overs" at the end of the jar is a plus too :) Unfortunately, I don't think that will be happening with this cream, not to mention it's pretty expensive for a broke twenty-something :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Has a stingy feeling when first applied, but that goes away within 5 mins

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this. I've had a deluxe sample that I'm still not finished after a couple of months, and after using it every other day, my skin feels as if its letting my foundation apply smoother. I feel as if it has worked in helping my complexion even out a bit, but I've already been looking at full size (not in Australia since its so expensive) but its made me definitely want to get more than a deluxe sample.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nope, didn't do it for me right now. I can't really say anything about the claims Philosophy makes as I only used two generous samples, but I just don't like it enough at the moment to buy a full size. Well, at least during the harsh autumn/winter months. When the weather is cold and/or wet I like my nightcreams to be creamy and full, this just sinks in and that's it. It doesn't suck, far from it, I just don't think this is best suited for dry skin in cold weather. Maybe in spring/summer!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MonBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Sephora when I was looking to replace my old night cream. I have not had any luck with philosophy products so I don't know what possessed me to try again. But I did, I bought this. (I uploaded a picture - that's my hand wearing metallic brown nail polish)

First, I hate the way this smells. I actually thought something was wrong with it because it has such a chemical smell. I should have opened the tester while in the store - I would have passed on purchasing this based on scent alone. YUCK

Second, I don't like the texture. It's thick and I feel like it sits on top of my face. In the morning when I go to wash my face I can feel the stuff melting off. I don't use a lot at all, I've had this jar for 6 months now and it's not even half empty yet.

Next the packaging....the lid had a disc in it that was supposed to seal the product air tight when closed. That was constantly falling out. I need up just throwing the stupid thing out. Annoying.

Lastly, it doesn't do anything great. My skin is still dry. It hasn't changed or improved anything. I think many of the products sold in drug stores or Target are better than this. I'm not the kind of person to return stuff, I will eventually use this up - I will NOT be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by nosilad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It is quite thick so a little goes a long way and I didn't find it's smell unpleasant . My skin looks great, breakouts are much reduced and it looks and feels smoother. This is going on my list of must-have products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I had a sample size of this which I have been using as my sole night time moisturizer. It is a very thick cream which didn't really moisturize my skin at all, and instead I woke up with skin much drier. And the scent of this cream wasn't pleasant either. Over the course of use I started to get flaky patches (which I presume is due to the ingredients which are supposed to "retexturize" the skin) which have been problematic for me to get rid of. I never noticed the "well rested appearance" that the literature for this product promised and instead I had more skin problems. Wouldn't purchase this product and I am tired of Philosophy's products promising the world and being a skin-stripping disappointment for me every time.