December 22, 2014 | 1407 users online

Eyes - Rimmel - Trio Eye Shadow - Orion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by flautenmusik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to eyeshadow trio. I've honestly been using it for several years, and I have repurchased it at least a dozen times. Sure, I wear other colors, but if I'm in a hurry, I grab this trio and I'm ready in a flash.

The colors are moderately pigmented. I use the light brown all over my lid. I then use the off-white to highlight under my brows. This color is a matte, and it is the perfect highlighter. If I want to look more awake, I'll also apply it in the inner corner. The dark brown is a perfect companion. I like to pack it on in the outer corner and then use a blending brush to bring it all together. I little brown eyeliner and some mascara, and I'm ready to go.

There is no fallout, so you don't have to worry about making a mess. The colors last all day long too. I would highly recommend this trio if you're looking for an easy-to-wear brown eyeshadow look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A goregous daily eyeshadow trio neutralish toned but more warm in my opinion- not overly pigmented (a benefit for quick application hard to mess up) and with a slight sheen but no glitter this product is a great staple for an affordable price. Pair with some black or dark brown liner and mascara and you are done! no fussing around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this trio! The white is a soft, satiny highlight color ..... Not frosty or icey or overly white. Just a nice soft, luminous highlight. Very pretty.

The large medium beige color is very pretty and universal. I use it as alone as all over wash, and also just on the lid when I am using other colors. It is a very soft and pretty neutral color.

The small dark brown color goes on as a milk chocolate color but can be layered for a darker brown color. Great for contouring and also using as an eyeliner.

Overall, this Orion Trio is a huge winner. Great colors, great soft texture, great luminous neutral finish, and great staying power. Will repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first Rimmel product I have ever bought, and I'm pretty impressed! I would say this trio is one of the best drugstore eyeshadows on the market. The colors glide on and blend impeccably, and are fairly pigmented.
The lid color is a medium brown that I find has a little bit of pink undertones to it. It's nice to wear on it's own or with the full trio to amp it up. The only problem I have with this color is that if I've had a long night (or an emotional one) and my eye lids are red the next morning, the color will translate into a orange-y beige, even with primer.
The darkest color is a plum brown that is so pigmented, it's almost ridiculous! I only put a tiny bit on my brush and blend this into my crease, and the job is done.
I have no problems with the white highlight. It's matte and does the trick. No complaints.
So yes, overall this trio is definitely worth purchasing, especially for the money. It's just the right colors of neutrals that it will look good on almost everybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Ski4Life

I bought this product at walgreens for under 3$, and wasn't expecting it to be very good, seeing how cheap it was. WOW, was I wrong! I love this eyeshadow trio! It's extrememely versatile, non chalky and the colors are very pigmented and long lasting especially under a primer. I really love the white in this trio, it's my go to browbone highlight for any look that I do, it's just the perfect highlight! The lighter brown is also a great everyday lid color and also can be used in the crease, while i mainly use the dark brown as liner and in the outer corner! Even if this trio cost 20$, I would still buy it over and over again, because the colors are just so perfect for that natural, everyday eye look which I love to wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Purplexoxo

I love this trio! Whenever I need a nude eye, this is my go-to palette! It never creases on me, it's not chalky, its pigmented, and lasts the whole day. It's cheap drugstore eyeshadow trio that would complement anyone. Seriously... It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice neutral trio. If you have blue eyes like me, pair it with the Deep Ocean Exaggerate Liner. Cheap and lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A very nice cooler brown neutral trio. The colors go very well together, easy to blend, pigmented, not chalky, and no fall out. I have had no problem with fading over primer. A great choice for an everyday shadow, very wearable, not a lot of shimmer, and would go with almost any outfit. You can do a very easy smoky eye, or more traditional with the darker color in the crease. The packaging was fine, there is plenty of room to get your brushes in the colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really am glad that Rimmel upgraded their products esp their shadows. i have the older quads which i liked but wasnt impressed w/ them. the new "GLAM EYES" collection of shadows are really great!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Rimmel Glam Eyes Trios can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, as well as mass stores like Walmart & Target. Availability & price will vary depending on your location as well as sales/discounts. The trios run around $3. which is a fair price, even for a cheapo like me! Rimmel also offers some coupons in the US in some of the Sunday papers.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Rimmel Glam Eyes Trio in "Orion" reminds me alot of the quad called "Smokey Brun" in the way it seems like they are the same shadows just minus one shadow. but ORION is a great neutral toned trio that can make many great daytime looks! It has 3 shadows- which are triangular in shape, you get
the biggest triangle/shadow- this is a great basic brown bronze champagne, this is meant to be worn as a wash all over the lid. when u swatch this, in a certain angle, it looks a tiny bit lit a pinky bronze shade.this is great for that. or even in the crease for a more natural look. it does have a metallic sheen finish. a basic but still very pretty shadow
second biggest triangle/shadow- this is a great matte skin tone color which does make a great natural browbone highlight or great blending color. its great all over the lid as well for a wash. isnt it nice the d/s companies are finally giving us matte shadows?! um heck ya!
smallest triangle/shadow- this is a great matte milk chocolate brown. its great for adding depth into the crease or outer v or smoking out liners. Its dark enough but can also be blended for a less dramatic look.
All the glam eyes shadows are very soft, almost butter smooth & can be applied easily as well as blended nicely. they are far better than they once were. They are all smooth, no chunks, no fall out that i can see! they dont need a bunch of layers to show up! they are very nice shadows & these wear great as well. As i always suggests, with any shadow, esp drugstore & if you have oily skin, always use an eye primer & if you prefer, a cream base. This will make the shadows last a lot longer. with primer, these will last at least 7-8 hrs with little to no fading or creasing, on their own, id say about 5 hrs or so which really is good for d/s shadows. ORION is a great neutral trio that i think everyone will enjoy. its one of the no fuss trios that you dont have to think out beforehand or worry about techniques, it will look good no matter what you do! the colors are great together or added to looks. i really do enjoy this!
=PACKAGING=
The Rimmel Glam Eyes trios come in the same packaging as the trios. its def better than it used to be. These come in a square glossy black compact. There is a see thru window so you can see which shadows are inside. its great if you have more than one of these. on the back is labeling/info & also a diagram of how to & where to apply these. most drugstores are doing this now which is great for beginners but dont let it limit you. inside is the shadows. these are pretty easy to open & shut havent had any issues. the shadow are shaped in triangluar pans. all 3 are different sizes which i dont mind since i may use one more than the other. they give you most of the lid color, second most of the brow, & smallest of the defining color which i guess is right in size. The packaging is simple, compact & keeps the shadows safe! simple & it works, cant ask for much more!
Overall, if you havent tried the new Glam Eyes formula of shadows from Rimmel, i suggests you do so! Orion is great for anyone & everyone since we all love a simple trio for no fuss days & Orion is beautiful! Def better than it was before. This trio is reached for often in my day to day makeup routine! I LOVE all the shadows, their great to add to any collection!
-i forgot to add, if you already have Smokey Brun, you probably could skip this & vice versa but i am a neutral shadow lover so i had to have them both of course!
Overall,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the colors, very neutral and gives a polish look. not as pigmented as i wanted them to be, but i would repurchase. I dont know why they changed the packaging, it used to give a giant amount of product comparing to the 2nd packaging!