August 1, 2014 | 1798 users online

Shampoo - Kiehl's - Tea Tree Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by liselorebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this shampoo once a week in combination with the Kiehls amino acid conditioner. On other days I used the Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil shampoo. I like the Teatree one for cleansing and really getting rid of my oily roots.

Due to an instoppable need to constantly want to try new things, I have since switched to another shampoo, but I'm going to go back to this again. I just feel like my hair isn't getting clean enough, which makes me having to wash my hair more often. Something I want to avoid. So it's a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by theauroragirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great clarifying shampoo,do not forget to apply conditioner to avoid you from dry, coarse hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

My HG shampoo for dry scalp and hair. Every seasonal change wreaks havoc upon my hair and creates terrible dandruff that appears a day after I wash my hair. I even had to use an awful prescription strength shampoo that made my hair feel like straw even when the dandruff was relieved. Enter this shampoo. Expensive? Yes. But now I no longer have even a hint of dandruff and my hair stays oil free even 3 days after washing. I don't like to shampoo often because my hair is color treated to be blonde. The packaging is simple, cute, and best of all doesn't waste any product.

The smell is rather...herbal...but it never stays in my hair. It smells like my pantene conditioner instead. It's mild, though, and isn't unpleasant. It's almost minty and invigorating especially when I shower in the morning. No strange scalp tingles though or gross mint smell, which is good.

It closes easily and water never leaks in like my other shampoos. Plus, it's mild and my hair is never stripped of color. I'm naturally a dark brown and now my hair is super clean, soft, and healthy even when processed. Aamazingggg. Will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

This shampoo didn't work for me, it made the lengths of my hair dry and my roots stayed oily. Also, my hair started shedding. If you have problems with your hair because of oily roots, and this didn't work for you, I would recommend you try: (1) Kerastase has a shampoo called Bain Divalent for oily roots and sensible lengths that works great, but it's more expensive than the Kiehl's; (2) Head and Shoulders, is great for this problem as well and is much cheaper and easier to find (at least in my area) than Kiehls. Since I stopped using this product and went for Kerastase and Head and Sholders, my hair feels smoother, cleaner (not oily), less tangled, and it stopped falling as much as before. If you are interested in trying this shampoo, before buying try a sample and see how it works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

This shampoo is quite nice because of the cleaning effects it has. My scalp will not get oily easily throughout the day (in climate condition). I love the smell of tea tree and the cleaning effect, but i cant see any improvement on my hair ( it should be conditioner's job lol). I use with Kiehls amino conditioner. The cons would be it is too expensive and i would not buy again because of the value. But my mum found that this shampoo (work together with the amino conditioner) made her thin and limp hair becoming 'bouncier' (her hair always 'stick to the scalp and she hates it)..well it up to people.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hannahdlc

I've been using this for a while as before my roots always got greasy really quickly. Since using this I've been able to wash my hair every other day instead of every day and it really gets rid of all the oiliness without drying out my ends. I like the slightly herbal smell and despite it being expensive it is great value for money because it lasts so long! I got my first bottle at around Christmas time and it lasted me until July! I repurchased as soon as I ran out!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by princessw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like it for its unobstrusive smell but it doesn't really make my scalp less oiler.. my scalp is still oily at the end of the day even with daily washing. but 1 thing good about using this is i notice i've dropped less hair in the shower after using this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

This and the herbal protein one are total crap!

I got this as exchange for their herbal protein, which I returned. I color my hair only with pure grade henna and indigo so it is glossy and healthy except for the roots which tend to get oily if I do not wash every 24 hours everyday. I can't comb my hair with this shampoo and I am shedding seriously. My scalp felt dry and my hair is limpy and matte!!

For the life of me, I would never ever recommend this shampoo. Try the sample first before diving in.

I put 1 lippy on top as it is the lowest grading here but I am not giving any lippy to this baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Metztlia

I really like how this shampoo cleans my hair. My hair, especially my bangs, get oily from my oily scalp and face about half way through the day but this shampoo helps from doing that. I don't like that it strips my hair color because I have such a hard time keeping my color anyway. But would I rather have good color or clean hair? I decided that clean, non greasy hair was a better choice. I also really hate that his product is so expensive so I try not to use it every day so it lasts longer. I've looked for alternative tea tree shampoo products but none of them work as well. I thought the paul mitchell brand cleaned well but I could not stand that it made my scalp tingle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am LOVING this shampoo for my oily roots. I tend to have the problem of my roots getting greasy & flat, but my ends staying dry from dying my hair & heat styling. I just use a SMALL quarter size dollop of this in my roots ONLY, and then I use the Lecithin shampoo on my ends and my hair keeps getting better with each washing. I follow this with the Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing conditioner. I'm able to go 2-3 days between washings without super greasy roots and my ends aren't getting dry from over washing.
My hair is long and medium thickness, with a lot of body and slight wave that often looks more like bedhead. Now that I've used this shampoo a few times, my hair has dried naturally into pretty soft waves with no need of heat styling.
I'm thrilled that I've found a shampoo that enhances my natural texture.
The only reason I haven't given it 5 lipsticks is that it is expensive. I do only use a little at a time, and so I am hoping it will last me awhile. The packaging is functional but nothing special. The smell is a very, very subtle & fresh herbal scent.