August 27, 2014 | 1801 users online

Blush - NARS - Boys Don't Cry

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by littlebluediamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this blush. I purchased it without seeing it live, just the swatches in about 30 blogs. And it always lokked differentbut gorgeus so I decided to get it because I have nothing compareable. After receiving it I have to say that the color in the pan is not like the color on the photos. It is better. I would describe it as a grapefruit red, because it is red and seems to have orange undertones but on skin they look rather like a mix of pink and orange. But I think this depends on your own skin tone (I'm very fair, mac nc10 if it would exist Nc15 is too dark).
It is really pigmented but I have no problem with getting just the right amount on my skin for a super fresh look. I love this blush together with See Sheer from MAC, or with Melodieuse or Sonate from Chanel.
The price is heavy but you get 0.45 Oz instead of the usual 0.13 soseen this way it is nearly cheap for a Nars blush ;)

I would not recommend it if you have too many redness in your skin, because like any redish blush it can draw attention to them. I have a few rednesses but thats okay for me. I just love this color! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have an insane amount of blushes and after having this for about two months I can honestly say that it's my favorite blush ever.

The color suits my fair skin so well. It's crazy pigmented, very smooth, matte, and it lasts ALL day. When most of my makeup is gone this is still left glowing on my face.

I was so close to giving up on nars. I purged most of my nars blushes. This has restored my faith. Wish is wasn't LE.

P.S. A perfect lip with this blush is Nars Short Circuit. (Also an amazing product)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I shouldn't post a review based on a swatch i had in the store but... omg... its gorgeous! I kept looking at the swatch and think to myself how lovely it is. Its very pigmented, a bright coral juicy red. But i think its a wearable red. A lovely flush of red cheeks comes to mind.

I want it so much but its so expensive. Normal Nars blushes are US$29, this is US$41!!! And it huge...I've never even hit pan with a normal Nars blush, this will last forever. I wonder if they'll make this permanant? Cross fingers.

A dupe of this is Canmake's pw30 powder blush. This is slightly more orangely with a heavy swatch but applied on cheeks i don't think the difference is noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blushy perfection. Seriously. This is everything I love about Exhibit A, without that overt red tone. This leans a bit more coral, a bit more sunburnt, a bit more flushed excitement. I think the gold stamping was a silly and unnecessary touch, since you will only get it for the first few applications. Other than that....love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by julilynmashy

I love this blush.. stays on the whole day, highly pigmented and very pretty on my skin! I've been using this almost everyday eversince I got it,I feel super confident and happy with this blush on my face. It is priced higher than the usual NARS blush but it is value for money as the pan is larger in size than the usual one. As it is highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and you have to blend it in or else you'll look like a clown.. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into sephora with the intention of either buying this or tarte amazonian clay natural beauty. I had the associate try this on me first, and was absolutely blown away by how gorgeous it made me look. I literally could not stop checking myself out in the mirror- it brightened up my whole face! One thing that scared me off from it initially the gold on top. I only wear matte blushes, or very low shimmer. Thanks to another online review I found out this was only a over spray, it was just perfect on me. When applying you certainly need the right brush. My own personal suggestion is either the mac 116 or 129. The price is quite costly (48 canadian, versus 33 for a regular nars blush) however I highly doubt I'll ever hit pan on this, so it works out in the long run. Ultimately, for me, a brown haired, brown eyed nc15 skin girl, this is my absolute ultimate HG blush. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by JMehl

Colour: gorgeous! It's almost a watermelon pink with a gold overlay, that is In the shape of Pierre Hardys signature cubic pattern. With the first sweep of the brush the overlay however, disappears.

Pigment: stunning! You literally need to tap the blush and you'll have enough product for both cheeks. This is the most pigmented blush I have ever used. It also lasts ALL day even without a setting spray.

Packaging: as per usual, this NARS blush comes in the signature black packaging. However, it is a larger size blush and is the same size as the NARS bronzers and highlighters. This product will literally last forever because not much is needed to get a high pigmentation on the skin.

Price: I paid $48 Canadian. Expensive, but like I said will literally last forever, whereas I'd pay $10 anyway for a drug store blush that would hit the lab in 3 months tops.

Overall: I'm in love. I'm very fair and the colour just looks gorgeous on me for a natural look. For night, obviously I add more product. It's a matte blush so it's not over the too and it lasts all day without needing to do the slightest touch ups. I HIGHLY recommend this product. It's the best blush I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Just bought this gorgeous blush and I love it! Its much larger than the normal Nars blushes with the gold pattern that quickly disappears after usage. Its a beautiful highly pigmented coral pink color. Unlike other reviewers, theres no problem with it being too pigmented and going on too bright. I am nc20 and it looks great and gives a natural look. This will last a very very long time! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I received this blush in a swap and had only seen pictures of the blush on-line, not in person. The color is stunning in the pan. Its truly unlike any other blush I own or have come across. Its almost a watermelon color with a hint of coral. Its VERY pigmented. As in, the most pigmented blush I've used other than Exhibit A probably.

As the previous reviewer stated there is a light wash of gold imprinted in the design which disappears with a few brush sweeps. The blush is the size of a Laguna bronzer I think will quite literally last forever!

I have yet to wear this blush in public. I have experimented with it a couple of times trying to find the right way to wear it. As previously mentioned, it is VERY pigmented and VERY bright. Its pulls really bright pink/coral on me even with the lightest hand. I misplaced my skunk brush months ago so I was using a regular blush brush which didn't make it any easier to get a "subtle" pop of this color. I am not sure if this is going to work for me being so bright. I rarely say this, but I wish I had a professional NARS artist to help me figure out how to wear it without looking like A. a clown or B. I have a fever. Could also use some help in the lippie department for what to wear with. If I keep this I was thinking about crushing some of the blush into some clear lipgloss to make a matching lippie. That could be the answer for me.

All in all its a gorgeous, unique color that would probably look good on many skin tones. (though I can see that it would be easier to wear if you were darker as the previous reviewer mentioned). I took off one lippie because of the "advanced" nature of this blush. meaning, I feel like you need a lesson in how to apply and wear it because it is such an intense, bright and pigmented color. As with other NARS blushes it is very soft, finely milled and very high quality.

For reference I am warm-toned NC-30-NC-35 and can get extremely tan. I have a light tan right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I saw the initial press images for the NARS collaboration with Pierre Hardy. The blushes looked amazingly beautiful and I simply could not wait to get my hands on them.

Boys Don't Cry is a beautiful coral shade that leans towards more red than pink. The color is absolutely rich and vibrant in the pan, and has a very light gold over spray in a cubic pattern. The over spray dissolves with one light brush stroke, and isn't at all missed when it's gone.

I applied with a small blush brush, and really one tap into the pan will do. This blush is really a stand out product and is immensely pigmented. I am very deep (NARS Tortuga/NW50) and it took a tiny amount of product to show up on my cheeks. I would recommend that fairer women use a stippling brush for application since it's THAT pigmented.

The finish is matte, and the blush lasted about 10 hours with minimal fading. This color just seems as though it'd be universally flattering.

The blush comes in the standard rubberized NARS case, however it is huge! It's about twice the size of normal NARS blushes, and the price does reflect that.

I would definitely buy this again, and would really recommend it as a 'must have' for women of color.