October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Taylor - White Diamonds

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

This stuff lasts easily 12 hours and has moderate-to-major sillage (depending upon how much you apply). I just wish I liked the scent. It is okay on some people but not on me. I would describe it as a powdery white floral.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by hottahitilover

I was in cvs and there were fragrance samples out so I sprayed this out of curiosity and I really liked it so I bought it I can't describe it other than it smells classic and a lil powdery it reminds me of the chanel perfumes the two older ones #5 and coco its along those lines like a perfumy smell not sweet but I am really diggin this I never paid this any attention before but I'm glad I sampled it otherwise id have never purchased this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WD generally gets respectable reviews by fragrance bloggers (Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez call it a "soft bouquet" worthy of 3/5 stars), but I find it appalling. I have never liked that intensely fecal edge on certain white flowers like jasmine and narcissus, particularly when they are used by perfumers in a heavy-handed way. Unfortunately, to my nose, WD features a smorgasbord of fecal florals, all set off by distinct notes of gas-station urinal cake/pine disinfectant.

I do like the fizzy aldehyde opening, Chanel No. 5-ish in nature, but that is but a fleeting part of the WD experience. Too bad. The bottle is lovely and, in theory, I support big bodacious '80s-'90s power scents. This one just absolutely reminds me of public toilets.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hubby gave this to me a few years back and initially I didn't go for it, but it's grown on me. It has quite a 'mature' scent to it I think, is very strong initially, but has super-staying power and becomes quite a bit less strong as time goes on. It's quite a nice fragrance that I would probably re-purchase. Plus the bottle is very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love perfume of all types and styles even very heavy vintage styles like this one. This is quite a strong and heavy scent, much better suited for mature women. For young women this is far to overwhelming. I can't say I love this scent, a better description is I can "appreciate" it. But one small whiff hurts my head. Won't be using in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds and Rubies is one of my favorite perfumes of all time, one I've worn for years, yet I'd never tried White Diamonds. When I did, purely by accident, I wished I never had.

The bottle, you see, was sitting on the shelf at the drugstore, uncapped, for reasons unknown. I was reaching for a bottle of nail polish, and somehow managed to brush the sprayer with my sleeve, thus spraying this on my shirtsleeve, and worse still, my watchband.

Heaven help me. The shirt's been washed twice now, and the watchband -- metal, mind you -- has been all but Cloroxed, and I can still smell the acrid, awful scent of this perfume on both. It's like I'm dragging every old lady at church along with me everywhere I go each time I wear the watch, and it's very possible that the shirt's headed for the nearest Goodwill. Words cannot describe how badly I hate this perfume. It's so bad, in fact, that I don't even know how to describe the perfume at all. The closest I can come is floral air freshener sprayed in a stinky litter box.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

White Diamonds fragrance by Elizabeth Taylor is one of my favorite fragrances for several reasons: the scent lasts, the price is very reasonable, it is accessible (you can buy it at any drugstore) and I always receive compliments when I wear it. I know that this is always touted as an old lady's fragrance...but it reminds me of the classy, sophisticated perfumes of the past...you can just imagine Madmen's Betty Draper wearing this with her cupcake dresses or better yet, Joan, from the Madmen office...as she drifts by looking gorgeous, this beautiful scent just captivates all the men! I know that sounds silly but that is what perfume is supposed to do...make you feel gorgeous and sexy right?! Don't be turned off by the strong scent on the first spray b/c you will be overwhelmed by it...but as it wears down...it's just lovely...it lasts and lasts. There is a reason this is still the top-selling celebrity fragrance of all time. Give it a try, I guarantee you will be hooked.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I believe the low rating for White Diamonds can be ascribed to two things: 1) A bias against floral fragrances as the fruity and aquatic scents have dominated the last 12 years or so, and; 2) A snobbery toward celebrity scents. While White Diamonds isn't one of my personal favorites (I go for woody scents), it is a lovely, feminine, well-blended floral with decent staying power. Why this floral fragrance should be considered "down market" while the Chanels retain their glamour is beyond me -- well, actually, it isn't, because it's simply due to marketing, isn't it? And the price is reasonable too (although doubtless the snobs consider this another strike against White Diamonds!).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by BigBeauty

My signature scent. Very classy, elegant, rich, and seductive. I'm 21, and get many compliments when I wear this -- The scent lingers on my skin and lasts all day. You are never truly dressed without a little perfume. Stepping out with WD, I feel sexy, confident, and absolutely beautiful.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This perfume in my opinion smells like something a more mature women would wear, I personally do not think it suits younger women or even women in their 30's. I would say someone in their 50's would enjoy this scent. To me white diamonds is a very powdery scent which tends to remind me of baby powder. I don't know about you but baby powder is not something i want to smell like. This perfume is not at all my thing I don't' like it on me or on anyone else.