August 22, 2014 | 1900 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holkia Luminious Silk BB Cream in Shade 1

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I sit here writing yet another BB cream review! This BB cream hoarding of mine must stop!

I had high hopes for this product, unfortunately this time Holika Holika has not delivered. The lightest colour manages to be a tad too dark for me. While I can still wear this BB despite it being too dark, I don't like how it makes my overall complexion seem ruddy. It somehow manages to be too ruddy and too pink based at the same time. I have the notorious grey toned SKIN79 Hot Pink and VIP Gold BBs and somehow their greyness leaves me more please with my completion than this product. This dries to a matte finish, not too matte to the point where the skin looks parched ala Cover Girl's Outlast foundation, but matte none the less. Given the colouring, and its medium to heavy coverage it is very apparent I am wearing a product as it seems to highlight any rough skin texture and it does not look at all natural in my eyes. I like to look like I have naturally healthy skin and I cant get that look using this product. One would not expect a matte finish from a product with Luminious in the title, I expected a bit of a glow.

I will commend this product on being moisturizing, something I like given my dry skin. Having dry skin however, this product clings to dry patches more than most which means I have yet another BB I cant use to just slap on and run out the door. Lasting power of this product is debatable, I dont have oily skin but it is getting hotter out and that means I tend to sweat. I find this product lasts through the day for me. I can put it on at eight in the morning and it is still there at three. However, if you wipe your face the product will come off and residue is left on your cell phone after use. It is my guess that this product would wear away quickly on oily skin or in hotter temperatures. On the plus side, this product comes off easily at the end of the day,

Overall, this is not a terrible BB cream if you want medium to heavy coverage, a matte finish, some moisturization and happen to have smooth skin that is not overly dry. If you have this combination however, why on earth are you covering up with a BB, you lucky thing! The packaging is just lovely and the smell is not overpowering.

I am giving this product 2/5 stars because it seems pretty lackluster compared to other BBs I have tried. This product is too dark, too matte, too cakey and transfers too easily for my liking.