Essie First Timer

4.2

on 1/11/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I don't like the colour. I wanted a more mint colour and this is as the other reviews say, a grassy, vibrant green.

The formula is great, I have two coats on and it's perfect, no dents or uneven spots. I've also been wearing it for two days now and it hasn't chipped yet which for me is unheard of.

This is my second Essie nail polish and they are quickly replacing Opi as my favourite brand!

on 4/27/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Color is an amazing green. It looks more yellowy indoors, but outdoors it is the most amazing blue-toned almost-minty green. I usually don't wear greens but this polish makes me question myself LOL. Formula was decent. It was a bit thick but nothing that can't be fixed with a nice thinner (and even if you don't thin it out, it's still very easy to work with.)

I deducted a lippie because the color changed ever-so-slightly more yellow with Seche Vite :( It doesn't change it a LOT but it changes enough for you to notice it and freak out right after application (me LOL). But it's okay First Timer, you're still gorg and I still love you.

on 3/14/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First Timer is a really pretty grass green creme polish that came out last year. I had this in my untrieds and pulled it out for a St. Patrick's Day manicure. This is a gorgeous creamy mid toned green. This is a soft pastel color and almost mint green but more grassy and a bit more vibrant and it's a really great color for spring. It reminds me of a candy color. My husband even mentioned how nice the color is and he really doesn't notice my nail polish much. The formula is really nice and it goes on smoothly and fairly evenly. It had minimal streaking and evened out with 2 coats of polish. Some green polishes can be cold and harsh but this one really looks great on my fair skin and instead of giving me lobster hands this one makes my skin look creamy and milky and it's a cool refreshing green but not a cold color at all. This is soo pretty and it's just a good green for any collection. This is going to be great for summer use as well with the nice cool fresh color. This is such a refreshing color. I'm loving it.

on 8/30/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another excellent light green from Essie. Really fun for spring, summer, and fans of the color green. It's more whited out than Essie's Mojito Madness, and it manages to be a cool pastel that's soft, but bright at the same time. The formula's pretty good and I find it to be opaque in two coats. The only problem I've had is that I'm unable to use a clear coat over it if I want it to be the same color it is in the bottle - it changes to more of a lime-oriented shade with topcoat. I'm unsure of whether this is caused by my specific choice of topcoat or not. Beware of that, I guess.

I love this nail polish. It's one of the prettiest green nail colors. I just don't like the price, it's pretty expensive for being 6 or 7 dollars. But the formula is really good and it dries so fast.

on 6/19/2013 12:15:00 AM

I always tend to love essie polishes and this is no exception. I felt like this looked more minty in the bottle whereas on my nails it was a bit more bright/grassy green (and less blue toned). Still, I find this color very wearable and a definite fave for spring/summer.

on 5/30/2013 6:04:00 PM

Love this minty bright green for summer/spring! It's between a neon and a pastel. As usual Essie's formula is great, no streaks, opaque in 2 coats.

on 5/30/2013 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this green. It's bright but has a softness added to it. Like other recent blues and greens from Essie, it DOESN'T STAIN!! Big plus for blue and green lovers I bet. It's so summery and I just can't stop staring at my nails when it's on me. I'm not so sure if it's too in your face kind of bright, but hey it's summer :P I wasn't sure if I love it on me but I just don't want to take it off everytime I wear it... (I usually grow tired of a color in a couple or three days... top...) It's almost a one coater, dried pretty fast and shinny, and it's self leveling :)

One lippie off as the color changes to a more yellow and neon toned green with a top coat, which I don't like as much. I have to wear it without top coat to keep it as the minty blue toned green color I felt for, which no doubt leads to worsen off durability, smoothness and shine :(

on 5/25/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this Essie Nail polish. It is a gorgeous turquoise minty pastel green that is very pigmented. It is wonderful and one of my favorites. Highly recommended. I bought it from Target for about $8.00.

on 5/16/2013 11:25:00 AM

I've never gotten as many compliments on a nail color as I have when wearing this one. First Timer is a flat, pastel, minty green that's eye-catching without being distracting. It's part of the Resort 2013 collection, which has several fun colors.

Popular Polishes