Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Brazen Berry

4.3

on 4/23/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought this on a whim with another color in this line and I find myself grabbing these more than my high end lippies.

This color in particular has amazing pigmentation and doesn't come off too purple. I prefer it when my skin is tanned a bit so that it doesn't come across too harsh. I chose this color because they discontinued my favorite shade, violet chiffon, and this has been an excellent replacement.

on 1/10/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my fourth Vivid and I love them all. I don't know why I passed on this color before, maybe I thought it was too purple or because I already had Cover Girl Divine. Well, Divine is discontinued and impossible to find and that was majorly disappointing me, until I decided to give this a try.

I had gotten pretty addicted to purple lipsticks lately, so while I tried a lot of them, most seemed too dark or too magenta. While this and Divine both have magenta tones, I find it makes them flattering and wearable while still being a purple enough shade.

I wouldn't call this a dupe for Heroine at all. Milani Matte Glam is way closer. This is really similar to Divine as I mentioned, but Divine is a cream. I was worried this would be sheerer but it's not. It's opaque and creamy and luscious. I also don't think it's too bright, I think Too Faced Melted Violet is brighter. But I'm super happy with this, and got a great price. I might look for a back up as well.

Really love this color for when I'm in the mood to wear brighter lipstick. The formula on Maybelline lipsticks is very nice, creamy and opaque and doesn't have a bad taste or smell. Don't think I would repurchase this color though. It's a bit bright for my taste.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this lipstick and I tried it on today and it was gorgeous. I have very pale skin because I live up north and don't get a lot of sun. But this color stood out and it looked beautiful. I just started getting into lipstick. I only have 3. But this is one I would definitely get again. I didn't put a lot on today so it looked slightly more pink than purple,but it still was just perfect. I would definitely recommend this lipstick for anyone who is into purple lipstick

on 9/13/2014 2:04:00 AM

Eh, this product is a maybe for me. It honestly depends on whether I prime my lips first, and if I have the proper lighting. In certain lighting, it can look like just a lip color that has a purplish tint too it, in flouresent lighting it can be very bold and beautiful. I wish this would have made a lipstick with the same color pay off and the same purple tone in the Elixir's. I don't care for those because of the stickiness. It isn't a bad product however, I would def repurchase. Just need to make sure I know where I am going and what the lighting will be like.

on 8/31/2014 5:55:00 PM

I love purple lipstick, and this shade did not let me down. Brazen Berry is such a vibrant purple. It isn't super long-lasting but it does provide full coverage. I fell asleep with it on, and when I woke up it was still smooth on my lips (that is, it hadn't dried out). It smudges very easily though. It's definitely not a dupe for MAC Heroine but it is very similar (similar enough for me!)

on 8/17/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this shade! I love that this lipstick has a light fragrance and a tint that stays on my lips once the lipstick is gone. This shade has more purple than 900 Hot Plum. I love both of these shades but I think the 905 Brazen Berry is best looking for me. At first I thought this lipstick might be a matte shade but it does have a bit of glisten and is ever so creamy feeling on my lips. I am very pleased with an over the counter product that has great quality!

on 6/23/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on the hunt for a purple/orchid lipstick that wouldn't clash with my coloring for a long time and I have finally found it! Brazen Berry is a cool toned blue based purple that surprisingly looks really good on my warm complexion. For years I have stayed away from cool colors, fearing they would look bad on me, so it was really a leap for me to buy this shade. I love everything about the product itself, it's very pigmented, has a nice finish that isn't matte but isn't super glossy, lasts for several hours and leaves a nice stain behind, it isn't drying, I can apply it right from the bullet and don't worry about bleeding or feathering. The texture feels nice on my lips, has a little bit of slip but not too much. There is really only one aspect of this product I don't like and that is the packaging. It looks and feels a bit cheap, I really wish Maybelline would update the packaging design to look a little more "high end". I will be buying this again and a few more of the shades in the Vivids range. If you are looking for an intensly pigmented, bright lip color I highly recommend Brazen Berry.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this color! It's my go-to purple and pulls a very cool-toned purple against my tan skin. It makes my teeth look very white and it stands out without looking crazy. It isn't drying (even on my lips, and dryness is a BIG issue for me with most lippies), and while it isn't smudgeproof or super long-lasting, it does leave a bit of a stain behind so i don't look crazy when it wears off. If I'm not feeling adventurous enough to go for the full-on purple i get with a few swipes, i can just dab it on lightly over lip balm and it pulls a more purpley pink on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Can I just say, I love lipstick. I never got into lipstick until about a year ago. This color is so great, you can only have so many pinks. The brighter the better for me. For reference I'm an nc15 and this color is fantastic. It's pretty sheer at first but I build it up to a fairly bright purpley pink awesome color. It doesn't feel drying, quite tacky but not sticky glossy gross or thick feeling. Lasts a good amount of time, doesn't dry out on your lips. Overall, I'd like to get every color in this line!

Popular Lipsticks