April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Brazen Berry

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can I just say, I love lipstick. I never got into lipstick until about a year ago. This color is so great, you can only have so many pinks. The brighter the better for me. For reference I'm an nc15 and this color is fantastic. It's pretty sheer at first but I build it up to a fairly bright purpley pink awesome color. It doesn't feel drying, quite tacky but not sticky glossy gross or thick feeling. Lasts a good amount of time, doesn't dry out on your lips. Overall, I'd like to get every color in this line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color. On myself (lite neutral tone) I get a light Orchid pigment that leans a little more blue toned. I bought this along with Pink Pop because I was in need of a winter pick me up after the holiday. This color will run right into the summer for me.

The formula for me was a little dry so I needed to add a bit of balm. It went on pretty creamy and the wear time is about average for one of the brighter colors. I did not get the berry tone others claimed when it wore off however, I have pretty pigmented lips so it may blend in with my coloring.

The color isn't what I would call a true matte but it does give pretty full coverage. Because of that you can't have flakey lips or this one will show it. It's one to exfoliate and balm before wearing especially in the dryer/colder months.

I like the packaging for the fact the product goes all the way down in the tube and doesn't get up in the cover.

This is one to keep around! Thumbs up

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I thought I was going to love this. I LOVE the color and I was trying to save money by buying a drug store brand instead of spending on MAC's Violetta. I had this Brazen Berry on and it went on plum but turned red a little bit later. If I wanted red lipstick, then I would have selected that color. It also stained my lips that red color and it was very difficult to get out. I finally gave up and just recently bought Violetta. I think I'm done with Maybelline lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

One of my favorite lipsticks!!! I pair mine with Nyx lip liner in purple rain. I went and bought a back-up just in case the vivids line is LE. Really really love this lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This has been my favorite lipstick so far this summer. I can't believe how long this lasted. I went out one night (girls night) with this on, came home and washed my face and was surprised to see a nice berry stain still on my lips! It isn't drying, I did put a thin coat of lip balm on first, did my makeup, and put two swipes of this color afterwards, no blotting. Amazing color. Would def buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been salivating over pictures of Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte' Shine lipstick in #19 but 34 bucks is just way too much for a lipstick in my opinion. This lovely Maybelline lipstick really reminds me of it and it was under $6 at the DS....win, win!! There is no need to spend mega-bucks on HE lippies when fabulousness like this is available for such a cheap price. I am crazy about this lovely blue toned purple and it's so sassy! It is true to the color of the product in the tube on me (NC15ish) and I feel so sexy wearing this. The formula is also very moisturizing and almost jellyish. If you love purply lippies like this one I also recommend CoverGirl lip perfection in Divine for it's another love of mine. This is just an amazing lippie and I *highly* recommend it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by BreannaLyneHall

I bought this lipstick because I heard it was a good dupe for MAC's heroine, which is sold out. But as soon as I put it on it wasnt similar at all. Brazen berry is more pink, and not as bold and where heroin is more blue and brighter. But, I really like this shade of purple. It looks really great on. It reminds me of a prettier pinker Up The Amp from MAC. The formula feels a little cheap and thin, but I can work around it. The packaging is also really cheap, but I like how it's bright red and I can find it easily in my makeup bag. Overall the color is beautiful, it's a good price for it, I would recommend to anyone who isn't picky about small things.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Brazen Berry is a very moisturizing, bold, fun, electric purplish shade. Since I never got the chance to order MAC's Heroine, I decided to try this since it looks very similar.

Pros:
Lots of moisture, fun to wear, very pigmented & true to shade, lasts until you eat/drink, price

Cons:
The smell

Recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in #905 Brazen Berry from the Vivids collection. I picked this up because I liked the purple color and thought it would be a fun color for summer. It applies smoothy and feels rich and creamy on without being tacky or sticky. The transparent red cap is fresh and I can easily identify this in a drawer full of lipsticks since it isn't in a traditional black or brown tube. This swivels all the way down and the product is protected when recapping. This is a feature that many drugstore lipsticks do not have. The color really doesn't look purple though when applied. It actually goes on more of a raspberry color that leans blue but after wear the blue tint fades into a pink berry stained lip. I was concerned it might be too pigmented and dark for my fair tone, but the shade was a good match. It does require reapplication though every couple of hours to maintain the pretty color straight from the tube. This was soo pretty on and I love wearing it. I picked this up for $5.50 at HEB. This is my third Vivids lipstick and I am definitely going to get the rest of this wonderful collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this looking for a dupe for MAC Heroine, since its almost impossible to get.
This looks like a very good dupe. I went back & bought a second one for a back up. I really like this lipstick. It's very pretty & feels nice on my lips & doesn't need to be reapplied often. It is also true to the color you see in the tube.
I would definitely buy this again & would recommend.