August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Brazen Berry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Love this shade! I love that this lipstick has a light fragrance and a tint that stays on my lips once the lipstick is gone. This shade has more purple than 900 Hot Plum. I love both of these shades but I think the 905 Brazen Berry is best looking for me. At first I thought this lipstick might be a matte shade but it does have a bit of glisten and is ever so creamy feeling on my lips. I am very pleased with an over the counter product that has great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been on the hunt for a purple/orchid lipstick that wouldn't clash with my coloring for a long time and I have finally found it! Brazen Berry is a cool toned blue based purple that surprisingly looks really good on my warm complexion. For years I have stayed away from cool colors, fearing they would look bad on me, so it was really a leap for me to buy this shade. I love everything about the product itself, it's very pigmented, has a nice finish that isn't matte but isn't super glossy, lasts for several hours and leaves a nice stain behind, it isn't drying, I can apply it right from the bullet and don't worry about bleeding or feathering. The texture feels nice on my lips, has a little bit of slip but not too much. There is really only one aspect of this product I don't like and that is the packaging. It looks and feels a bit cheap, I really wish Maybelline would update the packaging design to look a little more "high end". I will be buying this again and a few more of the shades in the Vivids range. If you are looking for an intensly pigmented, bright lip color I highly recommend Brazen Berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It's my go-to purple and pulls a very cool-toned purple against my tan skin. It makes my teeth look very white and it stands out without looking crazy. It isn't drying (even on my lips, and dryness is a BIG issue for me with most lippies), and while it isn't smudgeproof or super long-lasting, it does leave a bit of a stain behind so i don't look crazy when it wears off. If I'm not feeling adventurous enough to go for the full-on purple i get with a few swipes, i can just dab it on lightly over lip balm and it pulls a more purpley pink on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can I just say, I love lipstick. I never got into lipstick until about a year ago. This color is so great, you can only have so many pinks. The brighter the better for me. For reference I'm an nc15 and this color is fantastic. It's pretty sheer at first but I build it up to a fairly bright purpley pink awesome color. It doesn't feel drying, quite tacky but not sticky glossy gross or thick feeling. Lasts a good amount of time, doesn't dry out on your lips. Overall, I'd like to get every color in this line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I really like this color. On myself (lite neutral tone) I get a light Orchid pigment that leans a little more blue toned. I bought this along with Pink Pop because I was in need of a winter pick me up after the holiday. This color will run right into the summer for me.

The formula for me was a little dry so I needed to add a bit of balm. It went on pretty creamy and the wear time is about average for one of the brighter colors. I did not get the berry tone others claimed when it wore off however, I have pretty pigmented lips so it may blend in with my coloring.

The color isn't what I would call a true matte but it does give pretty full coverage. Because of that you can't have flakey lips or this one will show it. It's one to exfoliate and balm before wearing especially in the dryer/colder months.

I like the packaging for the fact the product goes all the way down in the tube and doesn't get up in the cover.

This is one to keep around! Thumbs up

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I thought I was going to love this. I LOVE the color and I was trying to save money by buying a drug store brand instead of spending on MAC's Violetta. I had this Brazen Berry on and it went on plum but turned red a little bit later. If I wanted red lipstick, then I would have selected that color. It also stained my lips that red color and it was very difficult to get out. I finally gave up and just recently bought Violetta. I think I'm done with Maybelline lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks!!! I pair mine with Nyx lip liner in purple rain. I went and bought a back-up just in case the vivids line is LE. Really really love this lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This has been my favorite lipstick so far this summer. I can't believe how long this lasted. I went out one night (girls night) with this on, came home and washed my face and was surprised to see a nice berry stain still on my lips! It isn't drying, I did put a thin coat of lip balm on first, did my makeup, and put two swipes of this color afterwards, no blotting. Amazing color. Would def buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been salivating over pictures of Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte' Shine lipstick in #19 but 34 bucks is just way too much for a lipstick in my opinion. This lovely Maybelline lipstick really reminds me of it and it was under $6 at the DS....win, win!! There is no need to spend mega-bucks on HE lippies when fabulousness like this is available for such a cheap price. I am crazy about this lovely blue toned purple and it's so sassy! It is true to the color of the product in the tube on me (NC15ish) and I feel so sexy wearing this. The formula is also very moisturizing and almost jellyish. If you love purply lippies like this one I also recommend CoverGirl lip perfection in Divine for it's another love of mine. This is just an amazing lippie and I *highly* recommend it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by BreannaLyneHall

I bought this lipstick because I heard it was a good dupe for MAC's heroine, which is sold out. But as soon as I put it on it wasnt similar at all. Brazen berry is more pink, and not as bold and where heroin is more blue and brighter. But, I really like this shade of purple. It looks really great on. It reminds me of a prettier pinker Up The Amp from MAC. The formula feels a little cheap and thin, but I can work around it. The packaging is also really cheap, but I like how it's bright red and I can find it easily in my makeup bag. Overall the color is beautiful, it's a good price for it, I would recommend to anyone who isn't picky about small things.