Kevin Murphy Blonde.Angel.Wash

4.8

on 3/7/2015 8:34:00 PM

I absolutely love this wash! It was easy to work through my hair and it didn't tangle and become a big knotted mess like it usually does with other shampoos. The blonde treatment that goes with this wash is also amazing. It's one of the most conditioning treatments I've ever used and combing my wet hair out was a breeze. Some other reviews I've read commented that this wash wasn't hydrating but I disagree! The scent is soft and beautiful and I love the vibrant purple color! The price is comparable to other high end lines and is worth every penny. This line keeps my highlighted hair bright, soft and beautiful and I will definitely buy this and the blonde treatment again. I highly recommend this line!

on 1/9/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was hesistant about the price of this. $50 NZ dollars but im so impressed with this shampoo! I have a half head of warm blonde mixed with natural brown foils and this tones them both so well. Looks like i just got out of the salon. The blonde is so much brighter and less brassy. I was worried this would lighten the foils too much but it doesnt. The brown is also looking fab and take the ginger out of the colour.

The only thing i hate about it is the pakaging. I find the bottle leaks and the last thing you want is to waste this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hairdresser gave me a sample of this right after she had bleached my hair from dark purple to platinum blonde! It works wonders for toning and is the ONLY toning shampoo I've ever used that doesn't dry out your hair!

on 1/20/2014 11:23:00 PM

This is probably the best purple shampoo I've used, and I've tried a loooot. My hair is bleached to a platinum (allllmost white) blonde. My hair naturally pulls a fair amount of yellow, so I use it quite often. I recommend this to anyone with blonde or silver hair. Works miracles on toning yellow

on 9/17/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

I have natural white curly hair and I need a purple shampoo to counteract any discolorations coming from water and pollution. This shampoo makes my hair soft, very shiny, helps maintain my curl pattern and smells nice. I also use the purple conditioner made by this company and together these products have given me great hair. I no longer have to get toner treatments at the hairdresser, saving me $50/month. Many, many compliments since I started using these products. Essential for white hair!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you have dyed blonde hair, you need this product! I actually look forward to using this shampoo. No joke. When it's "purple shampoo day" I get excited. Why? Purple shampoos are supposed to make your colour look great- they're supposed to tone and maintain the colour and cut brassiness. And boy, does this product deliver. This system has really helped to keep my hair golden instead of brassy. After I dyed my hair warm blonde, the colour was a little "too" warm- but my stylist recommended just using the purple shampoo instead of toning at the salon to keep the look I wanted. It worked! After just a couple uses, my colour was just right- warm but golden! One time, I went in my mom's hot tub and the bromine turned my colour really brassy and orange-toned. I was a little worried, but after one wash with this system (I left both the shampoo & conditioner on for a good length of time), it was totally back to normal. And with regular use, it really maintained the brilliance of my colour between my salon visits, even when they were five months apart!

A couple other great things about this shampoo: IT SMELLS AMAZING. This doesn't have a herbal scent like other Kevin Murphy products. The scent is kind of... sweet and floral? Hard to describe, but it's very pleasant. And it is a great hair care product overall: since incorporating the Blonde.Angel system into my routine, my hair has felt much softer and healthier in addition to the colour benefits. Also, if you check out reviews of other purple shampoos, you'll see they tend to stain your hands. THIS DOESN'T. The amount of pigment in it is just right to affect your hair but not your skin.

Here's how I use the product: I only wash my hair every other day, and I use the Blonde.Angel system every other wash, working out to about 2-3 times a week. You only need about a nickel-sized dollop of the product (for thick, shoulder-length hair). Massage it in and leave on for a few minutes, like you would a conditioner. If you want to tone a lot (like with a new dye job or a hot-tub visit), leave it on for like 10 minutes. Then rinse well and follow with the conditioner! It takes a bit longer than other shampoo jobs, but it's worth it and, like I said, I enjoy and look forward to doing it! And the longer you've been using it, the less time you need to leave it on, since you're just maintaining the progress at that point.

If you're skeptical about purple shampoos, try this one. Once you see the results you won't be disappointed.