September 3, 2014 | 1294 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - lipstick - Hollywood Red

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jordana does it again! Seriously, but brand is amazing. How do they do it, made in the USA, and keep the prices so low?

First of all, the packaging, to me, is very cool. It's completely heavy clear plastic. I think it's rather modern and awesome, not cheap looking as some might think. It's actually the exact same packaging that Shu Uemera lipsticks are in. My one tiny little wish would be that the lipstick would wind all the way down, but I will be wearing this lipstick (just got it) a lot, so that soon won't be an issue.

The lipstick has a light scent that is sweet and fruity, like some juicy gummy candy or something. There is a slight hint of that waxy artificialness in there, but it's not terrible and it doesn't linger when on, and there is no taste.

The product goes on smoothly and with medium coverage. This color is really pretty -- a bright, pinky red. After applying it the first time, I got a compliment on the color 5 minutes later. The texture on the lips is somewhat light and waxy, but it feels reassuringly like it won't budget. The finish looks velvety -- somewhere between a slight satin glow and soft matte, if that makes any sense.

I'm excited to go back to the drugstore and pick up some other colors! I know I'll be getting the Rose Beige. I'm not so sure about the pearl finish of many of the lipsticks I saw in the display, but now that I know I love the one I have, I'm willing to try more. I hope in the future they'll offer more cream finish lipsticks in the medium pink and coral family.

*UPDATE* Just to say, I ran some errands after work yesterday and received 4 compliments on this lipcolor from strangers in Manhattan! Very rare!