September 2, 2014 | 1521 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Sugar Coat Textured Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have almost all of these colors and love them. I know they are the type of polish that is love or hate. They resemble candy on the nails with a sugar topping. Formula is great on them all and pigmented. The mani will last for a week or more without wear due to the textured finish.

My favorite colors in the line are Mint, Plum, and Tart. Some of the LE colors are awesome as well like Candy Corn.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by JaguarGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's kind of a weird texture. I guess I was kind of hoping it would have more of a candy look. It's mostly bumpy and I keep touching it because it feels weird to have on my nails. I kind of prefer my end result being perfectly smooth. I got the Bubble Plum version and I really like the color itself, it's kind of a magenta.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Minceous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this nail polish is strange but it is what it says.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This nail polish is..... weird.

The colour is great (I've got the pink one), it is long lasting and application is great. The 'sugar coat' effect is really unusual but effective.

But I really don't like the feel of this polish on my nails, it feels rough and scratchy and therefore I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted a yellow. Not a bright yellow, but a mellow yellow and I got that with the color "Sweetie".

I liked that it was different and suppose to be "textured". I've had it on my toes about two weeks and it has barley chipped. On one foot, hasn't chipped at all. No base coat or anything.

It would be nice if the texture was a bit finer, but it didn't bother me. I think the trick is no more than 2 coats. After that the effect becomes a bit over-done.

I didn't set my expectations very high considering what you're buying. It's all in one. You're not going to get the same result as if you have a fine "sugar" powder to create the effect. If that's what you're looking for you may want to pass on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only have this in Pink Sprinkle, so far, and I do love the color and formula. It's a lovely, sparkly matte, but I needed three coats for opacity. It dries pretty quickly to a sugary gumdrop texture. I love the look of it, but I have to confess it has the same downfall as other similar polishes in that the texture can be a bit distracting. After it dried I had to file the tips of my nails a bit because the polish dries a bit rough. I'm not crazy about that, but once it's smoothed over it's less distracting and after a day it's barely noticeable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

one word: GROSS

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by pommer21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this polish, similar to their "fuzzy coat" nail polish, it works well as an accent color. I used the matte pink color which was a nice change from most normal nail polish colors which tend to have a sheen to them. I like it with a clear top coat to prevent it from snagging on things. The top coat made it more wearable and didn't detract from the textured look! Hope this is helpful!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Um... Ew. I just purchased this item on clearance at Target. Makes my nails look like they were painted with a 20 year old-expired-nail polish. And it looks gross when the color starts to fade. Just a bad idea.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

I got this nail polish in Bubble Plum so my comments only refer to this shade.
The coverage was very nice, One coat is enough for a good coverage. I applied a base coat and 2 coats of according to instructions and I was very happy with the results: it lasts longer than regular nail polish and keeps its effects over time and dries very fast. I think this is a great choice for summer and when you want to add a "twist" to your manicure without spending a lot of time on it. The only thing you need to be careful about is that it might destroy your stockings or any other delicate piece of clothing you wear.